Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Horde Prime Video Review by Pixel Dan

Great review Dan!

I wonder if that empty Horde emblem body armour will be used for your buddy Mosquitor?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Another nice review Dan, thank you much bro...

I love this figure already, and I'll be getting another one besides my sub figure, however, I'm still really disappointed with the lack of staff that suppose to come with him initially, I really hate Mattel when they cheap on us like that!
    Also, it was kind of a lame joke to send HP with TMS's head (I'm sooo sick of this Spector character already ), Orko's head would've been a lot funnier IMO...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

it looks really cool just sad he lost the staff AND the paint

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Splendid Review! The Spector head under there was really funny ,kudos Scott.
    I assume the hight is achieved with the new boots part?
    Last edited by JimPansen; May 17, 2012 at 04:49am.

Heroic Warrior
    I feel that Pixel Dan did all he could to preview this INCOMPLETE figure in the best possible fashion.

There's a major problem with this incomplete sample, IMO : clearly, the "secret" Horde Prime head is what makes the helm hold tight or loose, and we won't be able to know about this important "first time feature" (first fully removable helmet in the line) until we actually bought and got Horde Prime !

Incidentally, first time features often have flaws. I feel this intentional removal it is very convenient for Mattel : the absence of the second head under the pretext of "secrecy" doesn't allow the fans to be able to evaluate this figure properly because of the head/helmet thing.

If there ever had to be a problem with the helm and the "secret" head, be ready for the **** to hit the fan !

From what we saw so far, the helm is loose and it can fall off easily, which is a flaw in my book. I hope we'll get a pleasant surprise once the real head is revealed, but I'm not holding my breath...

Tight articulations = very nice !

Interchangeable parts with Trap Jaw and Roboto = nice touch too !

No staff = bad point

A question to Pixel Dan : once Horde Prime has all of his outfit on, do the "shoulderpads" (or pauldrons) hinder the shoulder articulation ?

The secret parts become to be really boring to me. This secrecy thing is really childish. I'm not a kid anymore, and I personally would like to be able to know what the complete figure looks like and how great or lame it works before actually buying it.

It seems like Horde Prime is a really nice figure, but unfortunately, I can't be sure about it because of the head/helm thing.

Yes I've been looking forward to this one, can't wait to watch it in my dinner hour
    Last edited by 13977; May 17, 2012 at 08:26am. Reason: spelling error
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Whew, I'm glad I was wrong about the shoulders and the chest armour - the grey areas ARE painted!
    Still the belt should have been painted grey aswell...

I really hope we'll get his staff eventually.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Very unexpected review. Love the figure and will take two!!!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Spector looks great with Horde Prime body. He resembles a vampire lord.

The Staff was a "must" to a Horde leader rather than a lame bow...
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; May 17, 2012 at 06:21am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

The figure is great but no actual head and no staff is what really hurt it. The Hordak head looked really great on it though. Still don't like the UK comics head.

nice review. i really want the staff though. odd that the staff gets cut to save money but then the crossbow gets redesigned with extra paint? not sure if the new crossbow is better; feels like a side step - but i do like that all the crossbows for the horde still have a face on it now (though this one kind of looks like the face was just stuck on top - need a better look at it though)

i'm for sure getting a horde prime to kill - Hordak undertaking a coup/fratricide makes him so much more than just the head of the horde.

WOW he sure is missing a lot of the deco from the proto!!
    It looks like an error or incomplete figure!

UGH now I really have to go find some decent paints to fix this! Cos this is one figure that really needed that extra deco
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Oooo! Darkspecter, that background is kinda fabulous.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    He's taller! Great Scott!
    Finally we got different sizes in MOTUC!
    This is one of my favorite review, Dan!
    For the prototype... without the painting the face looks amazin'! I can't wait to see the real face!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    He's taller! Great Scott!
    Finally we got different sizes in MOTUC!
    Dan, it appears the height is due to longer legs as they are the only new part. Can you confirm?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hate to say it, but he makes my Hordak figure look EXTRA sloppy now. My particular Hordak has weak reds, very amateurishly applied silver paint apps (almost like a silver Sharpee rather than actual paint)... and those paint flaws have always made me think of him as an inferior figure (kinda like how my Roboto has really crappy paint apps on his "silver" boots). But Horde Prime here has really super nice solid and bright reds, the blacks are nice and shiny... so despite what paints apps are missing from the prototype, the paint apps he DOES have are well done and vivid. I really wish Hordak had the same Big brother wins in the coolness department, even without that staff!

Great review dude. I'm really liking this figure and I'm loving the UK/Euro comics head, will be using that as my main head but I wish the red matched the darker red of the rest of the figure, though that Spector head did look pretty good on him as well Nice touch with making him taller. Really hope we can get his staff with another figure soon.
    Last edited by 13977; May 17, 2012 at 08:41am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Really looking forward to this figure even though I would have prefered he be a giant. The only downer is the crossbow instead of the staff. Never liked the Horde crossbows. Can give him my Hordak staff though as I never use it for Hordak.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I wonder if that empty Horde emblem body armour will be used for your buddy Mosquitor?
    do you think they´d do the middle bit in translucent red and call it a day for mosquitor´s blood? with all the talk about it, i'm expecting more than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also, Busta Toons purchased the Horde Prime background from Filmation earlier this year without the effects. Behold HORDE PRIME!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...94024422_n.jpg
    I presume Filmation would have gone to do Wizard of Oz sort of thing, if they had ever got into revealing the secret of Horde Prime. I think statue like body and robot arms hint that way fairly strongly.

Horde Prime, now I seriously want him. And funny your comic review pictures of Him are from Finnish version of Star Comics, Dan. I translate them for english.

"Because RioBlast I was not able take control of this Planet......so I shall destroy it."
    "With Manga beams I am able direct meteorite hit to planet to destroy it. Also it will destroys also Rio Blast with it"
    "Horde Prime has spoken"
    "Now Skeletor I have special task for you..."
    Last edited by Jyrki; May 17, 2012 at 09:44am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    (null)
    Yes. No action features in classics, right? And it probably helps offset costs of the new legs and giant noggin.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There's no Horde Prime IN MY CANON™!

I hate the idea of Horde Prime, but I love the accessories that he comes with. By using Horde Prime and Hordak, you could kitbash a ceremonial outfit for Hordak or even some grandiose looking battle armor/warsuit by mixing parts between the two. And that crossbow is going with Hurricane Hordak.

And Hordak is an evergreen figure too? We might see some more sales for that figure in June!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow he looks so great! Love the TMS head with him, yes I would have liked to see the fully painted head but I can live with waiting.

If for people they do not want Prime in their cannon, you just got yourself a sweet new set of armor for hordak

Lose of the staff still hurts and it needs to find its way back into the line, love the hands, and miss the extra paint details.

Overall I am very happy for a figure I never knew I wanted

Great review as always PD!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There's no Horde Prime IN MY CANON™!

I hate the idea of Horde Prime, but I love the accessories that he comes with.
    who was the leader of the horde before hordak or was he always the leader and founded/expanded the entire horde empire etc? (that's sweet as too, since he's thousands of years old isn't he)