Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Horde Prime Video Review by Pixel Dan

Nice review of an AWESOME Horde Prime figure!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Great review, really like the fact that he's a bit taller than Hordak and I really like the UK comic head.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    WOW he sure is missing a lot of the deco from the proto!!
    It looks like an error or incomplete figure!

UGH now I really have to go find some decent paints to fix this! Cos this is one figure that really needed that extra deco
    yeah I might have to do some painting too, I'm going to do it for stinkor's accessories for sure, might as well do it for HP
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Horde Prime, now I seriously want him. And funny your comic review pictures of Him are from Finnish version of Star Comics, Dan. I translate them for english.
    Not STAR COMICS, Jyrki.

Those are finnish-translated versions of the UK Comics.
    They are all up on Org so they can read the original text there too.
    But in our comics we got mixed bag of STAR, UK and German Ehapa stories.

I've warmed up to this figure so much.
    I liked the idea of a Horde Prime when I was a kid and loved the mystery surrounding him, so was a bit underwhelmed when I first saw this version... him being normal size, and I didn't like the loin cloth and helmet, makes him look a bit too 200X.
    But I love the display options available, I will probably display mine without the helmet as it looks kinda goofy to me still.
    The UK head is awesome too, it's even making me consider buying Spector just so I can customise him!
    So many options for customisers with this figure with so many removable parts.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah I might have to do some painting too, I'm going to do it for stinkor's accessories for sure, might as well do it for HP
    Oh yes! That too!
    Dunno how Im going to fix the forearms though
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    A question to Pixel Dan : once Horde Prime has all of his outfit on, do the "shoulderpads" (or pauldrons) hinder the shoulder articulation ?
    Yes and no. Since the shoulder pads/cape just kind of sit on his shoulders, you can raise his arms but it's also going to raise the shoulder pads. Think of how it worked on Faceless One. It's basically the same kind of thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Nice review, but are his shoulders on correctly?
    Shoulders are correct. Sorry, I meant to include a good images of the shoulders int he video. I'll post one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Horde Prime, now I seriously want him. And funny your comic review pictures of Him are from Finnish version of Star Comics, Dan. I translate them for english.
    Neat. I just scanned the boards here for good pictures to use to show people his different looks.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; May 17, 2012 at 10:00am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Awesome Review as always Dan. No one reviews MOTUC's like you. Even though They didn't include his real head we all got a look at it and I love that I have Horde Prime in my 2012 subscription. Now I need to grab an extra Horde Prime on sale day and i'll be a happy camper

I also forsee Horde Prime being a fast sellout on Sale day in June
    Last edited by mjw41; May 17, 2012 at 01:37pm.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would have much rather had the staff than the UK head. It looks pretty terrible on Horde Prime's body. Also, I have no idea why Mattel decided not to use the flat abs here, like on Hordak. I had intended on letting this guy go to a better home next month, and this early glimpse hasn't really changed my mind.

Dan, did you happen to also get the Griffin? That guy is the real star of June, for me anyway.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    who was the leader of the horde before hordak or was he always the leader and founded/expanded the entire horde empire etc? (that's sweet as too, since he's thousands of years old isn't he)
    A guy named Hordak (not Hec-Tor Kur) started the Horde. He's been around for a loooong time...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Dan, did you happen to also get the Griffin? That guy is the real star of June, for me anyway.
    Nope, not yet. Horde Prime showed up all by himself yesterday. I wasn't expecting anything this early, though. So I'm sure the Griffin will come by the end of the month or so.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I would have much rather had the staff than the UK head. It looks pretty terrible on Horde Prime's body. Also, I have no idea why Mattel decided not to use the flat abs here, like on Hordak. I had intended on letting this guy go to a better home next month, and this early glimpse hasn't really changed my mind.

I am also not much of a fan of the UK head. If I had an attachment to it then I may feel different but I always thought it looked pretty bad from the first time I saw it in the UK comics.

However, the way Mattel are rewarding it's longtime customers I wouldn't be surprised if a body came along at some stage that was designed to fit with that head.

As for the rest of the figure, I will admit I haven't really cared about it since the reveal and I was expecting June to be just a transition month to Spikor but seeing this figure now I am quite impressed with how it turned out. I don't like the helmet but the fact that the figure is taller (which is so cool) is enough to sway my opinion even more. I will be displaying mine helmet less though

Nice review as always, I am actually considering buying him now because previously I wasn't going to as I agree with what you said in the review about Hordak being the one and only true leader of the Evil Horde and I always felt the very idea of Horde Prime was an abomination...but he does look kinda cool
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    hmmmm. a MODIFIED (or not) Faceless One buck may suit that UK head better than the Spector body.
    BTW Great review PD!!!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Great review, even without a head.

After seeing the review and than looking at that prototype figure I'm really bummed. The lost deco really hurts this figure I think. With all the black you need the silver and a matte vs glossy contrast to make the detail pop. If the price increase next year means we will not have missing accessories and paint apps than I'm all for it.

I'm with the group who feels that Hordak is the leader of the Horde so I'm not sure how I feel about Horde Prime.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Fantastic! I still love what I'm seeing, though the staff will be sorely missed (I really think it was more important than the crossbow). Great thing is that BOTH his hands are removable! That's awesome! I'll be at work with the Spymonkey materials to make some interesting formations for his hands (which I've already decided are a T-1000 type of liquid metal).

I really think they knocked this one out of the park.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I like the color scheme. I like that he's taller. And I like that he's a villain. It all adds up to one sale for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I warmed up to this guy, hope that the painted head looks awesome!

He'll go to my exotic corner...

I love this figure. Can't wait to get him. I love that he's taller.

I can't help but wonder if there were ever any plans to delve deeper into the Horde Prime character as he was portrayed as the most feared entity in the Filmation universe.

totally awesome. Great idea to make him taller.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Looks really good! I'm still not sold on the idea of a "Horde Prime". My first thought was to just use him as some type of elite Horde bodyguard, but after seeing the cowl with the red detailing and the Hordak head on him, I think a Hordak variant is the way to go.

I am hopeful we will see his staff and the other cut accessories in the future!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Elder Councilman
    I'm just tossing this out there: the UK head looks like Hulk Hogan...not how it looked i the comics, but it's how it translated into plastic.

As such, on the Horde Prime body, he looks like a movie figure for Suburban Commando.

That said...god I'm so stoked to get this figure. I've wanted it ever since it was announced.

But no...I won't be displaying him with the Hulk Hogan head.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I'm just tossing this out there: the UK head looks like Hulk Hogan...not how it looked i the comics, but it's how it translated into plastic.
    To mis-quote Hawkeye from The Avengers movie:
    "You and I remember Hulk Hogan very differently."

I like the Protoype pics, but Demo-Man taught me not to believe what you see until you see the reviews....Demo grew on my a lot, because I loved the more matte and duller green of the 4H sample, but I now love the actual figure just as much....that being said, I am perfectly OK with the missing details on the HP figure, since anymore I try not to look at the paint samples in detail, so I don't expect much. Stinkor being the obvious exception to not looking at the sample in detail, as the forearms on the final figure are not hard to miss being wrong, at least to me.

Horde Prime has been an awesome looking figure since his unveil, and much like Draego I was on the fence, now PD's review once again swayed me to get another figure I was leaning towards, and with Spector, just confirmed I did not want that thing in my collection, but Horde Prime is a definite buy now, Only thing that sucks about him, is not being able to first hand see the head being a MOSC collector, so far the only figure I've had this issue with, but oh well, there is always pics to look at.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!