Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Horde Prime Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    An awesome looking figure - I can't wait to get him!

Great review as always
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'm loving this guy!

I like to think that the UK head is that of an assumed identity (like Padme's handmaiden disguise) used by Prime to move amongst his empire. No one knows it's really him (except perhaps Hordak)(ooh, or maybe not...)-and most only encounter him on Horde World as his (hopefully forthcoming in MOTUC) giant mechno-throne. I may switch up his armor a bit to create his disguised look-which I'm naming "Supreme Inspector Zurg Darklo."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

That explains how Spector sold out quickly........he was used for a Horde prime stand-in!

Horde Prime looks awesome! I definitely like the looks of this figure and can't wait to add him to the collection.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Oooo! Darkspecter, that background is kinda fabulous.
    It does! I'm jealous of BustaToons!

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I presume Filmation would have gone to do Wizard of Oz sort of thing, if they had ever got into revealing the secret of Horde Prime. I think statue like body and robot arms hint that way fairly strongly.
    I think the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There's no Horde Prime IN MY CANON™!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A guy named Hordak (not Hec-Tor Kur) started the Horde. He's been around for a loooong time...
    Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader:

Horde Prime and Hordak:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Great review. This really was a surprise, as I didn't expect to see this review so early. The figure looks great and really seems quite bulky and armored.

I like that both hands are removable. I miss the staff and hope we see it again down the road, but the figure certainly look to be bare bones.

The Spector head thing was funny, but I really do think the secret accessory schtick is getting old. (Thank goodness these things have always gotten spoiled!) I'm all for fun, but really, this just does nothing for me.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'm curious if Filmation ever did create what Horde Prime looked like under his pyramid thing. Remember, he had two heads! Hordak's present to him was a bow tie for each head!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I wasn't expecting this one so soon, but look who showed up on my doorstep today!

Horde Prime is here!

As always, any additional questions, just ask!
    Nice review; thanks for posting. Thought it was really funny they threw in the Spector head. When I started watching I wondered if they had popped the head from the pack, like they did with MEF and Megator last year.

Eager to hear what you think of the Griffin and SMAA when you get them.
    Say cheese!!!

Ugh, I'm tempted to get this now but I'm already planning on three figures come next sale day.

Wicked awesome figure! He looks fantastic. Also the fact that he's taller than the other figures is a nice touch. Perhaps they'll start doing this for other characters going forward? Ram Man, etc.

Can't wait... love this line!

Great review of a really cool looking figure. I love his color scheme and his imposing presence. The crossbow looks really cool, too, I am looking forward to adding him to my display.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It does! I'm jealous of BustaToons!

I think the same thing.

Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...patine-PoV.jpg

Horde Prime and Hordak:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5...orde_prime.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/520...lskeletorf.jpg
    Maybe the two heads are above one another? It almost looks like that. Maybe it is an homage to the character in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Shoulder are correct.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hey PD, do you have a full body shot of HP in Spector's buck with UK head and cape?
    Thanks!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

This figure is awful Totally should have been Shadow Weaver as the June release instead.

and the review is pretty redundant when the figure has no head! Most people judge the figure by the face sculpt since we've seen all those reused parts before... oh well... looks like I'm done with this line since the rest of the year (apart from Spikor) is lacklustre (unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat for October-December)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

The UK head is definitely the way to go for me!

I'm REALLY looking forward to this figure! Another one we've never had, but have known about for years. And, yet another FILMation character! Thanks for another awesome review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Another reason why the Horsemen should get one figure slot per year to create a figure from scratch.

I'm stoked can't wait to get Him!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

is the crossbow the only accessory? you show him with a staff as well towards the end of the video, but i don't think you really reviewed it.

So would you guys consider him a Filmation character? It's hard to decide really.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    is the crossbow the only accessory? you show him with a staff as well towards the end of the video, but i don't think you really reviewed it.
    That staff is actually Hordak´s staff. Horde Prime was supposed to come with a different staff originally, but it got cut due to cost.

Hey Dan, does the Horde Prime helmet fit over Hordak's collar? Just curious.

It looks good except that I'm disappointed by how the UK head looks. I thought it would match the rest of the figure better but it doesn't so much. Geesh though, he loses his staff and still gets shafted on paint aps? Not the way to treat your beloved ruler!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Totally should have been Shadow Weaver as the June release instead.
    You know what? I really love this figure but you're right Shadow Weaver should have been a regular figure!
    The Shadow Weaver Swindle™ still makes me angry!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader
    When I saw for the first time the figure of Horde Prime I thought the same thing!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    This figure is awful Totally should have been Shadow Weaver as the June release instead.

and the review is pretty redundant when the figure has no head! Most people judge the figure by the face sculpt since we've seen all those reused parts before... oh well... looks like I'm done with this line since the rest of the year (apart from Spikor) is lacklustre (unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat for October-December)
    Harsh. Why do you think he's awful? Is it just that you don't like the character Horde Prime or something specific about the figure?

Horde Prime actually has a LOT of new tooling:

- 2 new heads ("secret" one not in the review)
    - new helmet piece
    - new collar
    - new cape
    - new chest armour
    - new shoulders (had to make a new mold so they would have the correct 'L' and 'R')
    - new left arm (only 1 Roboto arm had removable hand/weapons)
    - 2 new hands
    - new crossbow
    - 2 new boot shins

That's 14 new pieces! Most characters average 5-7.

Are you not looking forward to Mosquitor or Frosta?

I'm also still unhappy about Shadow Weaver being the sub exclusive (even though I'm a sub holder), but I think I would have been angrier if Horde Prime was the sub exclusive. He's very versatile, has so much tooling and a bunch of people want to buy extras so they can customize a UK Horde Prime. If he was the sub exclusive, that would not have been possible. So...I'm glad he's not the sub exclusive, but it still sucks Shadow Weaver was.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    When I saw for the first time the figure of Horde Prime I thought the same thing!
    Cool!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 18, 2012 at 12:11am.

My wife makes fun of me because every new motuc figure is my new favorite, but this one is frickin sweet. The only complaint is that if everyone is the same size, why isn't he? I think other characters could've benefited from the height advantage as well. But I cannot wait to bust this guy outta his package next month! June is the best month yet this year. Here's to hopin for more snake men.