Thread: She Ra Cartoon series.

Court Magician

She Ra Cartoon series.

Hi Im new her on the page and in the forum.

I have the He Man DVD box and was thinking about buy the She Ra DVD box also, as I never have seen the She Ra Cartoons.
    Will I as a He Man fan be disappointed when I see the She Ra Cartoons, or is they at the "same level" as the He Man cartoons ?

Is some of the "People" from the He Man cartoons also in the She Ra cartoons, or is it all new ?
    Is He Man with in the She Ra carttons ?

I hope I hear from you :-)

Best Regards
    Tommas

hi welcome to heman.org, to answer your questions
    some people like shera more then heman, some people lke heman more then shera it depends how you like the stories but for me shera is a great series.
    you will see some of the heman show charachters appear in the series from time to time but for the most part its mostly shera charachters
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

As a He-Man fan for many years, I was actually impressed with the She-Ra cartoon series. As a child, I avoided it because it was a "girl's show". My brother's GF convinced me to get the She-Ra series a couple of months ago, after I bought the He-Man series, and I mostly got it for her. To be honest, I had low expectations and imagined that it would be very girlie.

The She-Ra cartoon turned out to be more action-packed than I thought. There's a lot more violence involved! While He-Man never directly hurts anyone, She-Ra and company destroy and "kill" Horde Troopers left and right. Even Hordak murders his own troopers when he gets mad. Also, I felt that the oppressed world of Etheria touched on a lot more mature themes than He-Man ever did. Things like villagers being taxed to death, families separated by the Horde, troopers threatening to take little girls away and turning them into Hordes-women (What does that even mean?!), people being imprisoned, and a desperate rebellion fighting tanks and armored soldiers with only pitchforks and axes just felt a lot more "real" than most of He-Man's adventure quests.

As for guest appearances, there are plenty of them throughout the series. The beginning of the story already starts at Eternia with the Sorceress sending Adam and Cringer on a quest to find Adora. Other He-Man characters that appear are Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, Orko, Modulok, Snout Spout, Mortork, Dre-Elle, King Randor, and Queen Marlena. A couple of scenes even take place in Eternia where you catch a glimpse of the Royal Palace, Castle Grayskull, or Snake Mountain.

The She-Ra cartoon is definitely a good companion piece to the He-Man series because it's a nice continuation of the Filmation style. It looks just like the He-Man cartoon with some awesome new backgrounds and music! Hordak is just as good of a main villain as Skeletor, IMO. I'll admit, the exaggerated voices were kinda annoying at first but after I got used to them, I can't imagine characters like Catra, Mantenna, or Madame Razz without their signature voices.

Anyway, I recommend picking up the She-Ra series, you won't be disappointed!

This thread will probably help you out:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...uy-the-dvd-set

I also just recently purchased the entire She-Ra series on DVD and am watching it for the first time since childhood. I've been pretty impressed with it. He-Man seems to pop up every few episodes (complete with his theme music) so it's not only a spin-off but a continuation of the He-Man series at the same time. Plus, you'll get to see Masters characters that never made it onto the original series like Snout Spout and the Comet Warriors (or the entire Horde for that matter).
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Court Magician
    Hi again :-)
    Big thanks to all of you :-)
    Im sold :-) I will try to find a complete DVD set and give it a try :-)

Best Regards

Tommas

If your DVD player can play Region 2 DVDs, a complete She-Ra series DVD boxset can be purchased on Amazon.de, though you may find it cheaper on eBay!

Snappy Threader
    I loved the He-Man cartoons, but the She-Ra cartoons were of equal footing in my opinion just becasue of the appearances of characters I had as toys, such as the Horde, Snout Spout and the Snake Men.

I've been slowly going through the She-Ra series on Netflix, and I love it for many reasons I love the Filmation He-Man series. Great art, music, voices, stories (actually in some cases, better). No reservations at all in recommending it, I say it's on the same level. Enjoy!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    My love of She-Ra has reservations.. (or at least questions)
    What is the point of Etheria??
    Why cant this all happen on Eternia??
    If Hordak is so menising, where's all his conquered victems?
    If character structure is meaningful, why treat Hordak like Skeletor?
    If Hordak keeps loosing, why don't his Force Commanders leave and join the rebels?
    What is he paying these minions anyways, compation? Skeletor has the kindness role allready.

,,some of my thoughts.

Widget
    She-Ra is a rarity in spin-off history. It was a cartoon spin-off that for it's part was a successful one. Yes, characters from He-Man did make it into She-Ra's world. He-Man himself makes several appearances throughout the whole of the show. For a new perspective on the show, you will not be disappointed. There may be episodes in the series you don't draw towards initially. There are some that I know I don't draw towards. The newly created characters for the good and evil sides all are incredible. Sometimes even the side characters have a surprisingly good effect. Expect this to be similar to He-Man and the MOTU, but yet have it's own identity.

I had breakfast with one of my friends, this morning, who asked me if I had watched He-Man & She-Ra on TV this morning. He told me that He-Man & She-Ra are airing on San Diego's ME-TV channel. I've set my DVR to record both shows next Saturday morning!!! I Can't Wait!!! Has someone posted about this before? I can't believe I've been missing out and my non MOTU/POP friend told me about this. LOL. http://metvnetwork.com/AniMeTV.php
    Manny

I think you will thoroughly enjoy the She-Ra cartoons. One aspect about this series that differs from the original MOTU is that it has better continuity story-wise. You also get an origin story in the first episodes.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Snappy Threader
    The She-Ra cartoons were very cool. I don't think anyone can really consider them to be girly. With the Horde, you already have built in MOTU characters in every episode in one way or another. I got the set, it is very fun to watch. It kind of leaves a fresher feeling on the older He-Man cartoon by going forward somewhat with the timeline. Just a very cool set.

i recently started watching She-Ra and i think i enjoy it better than the original MOTU. as a kid i watched both shows but i kind of avoided revisiting She-Ra for some reason. also, i can never seem to find Loo Kee.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..uuhh,, Lookie,, you little, pointless, blue ninja.

Widget
    I also felt that Loo-Kee was a very pointless creation on the She-Ra series. There was no real need for him. He could have been a series regular like Orko was. Kowl kind of fit that anyway. But Kowl was mainly Bow's sidekick. Loo-Kee once he found out her identity could have been She-Ra's sidekick. But where he got placed at the end was redundant and unnecessary. Just let the main characters do the morals like MOTU did.

Widget
    Regarding the DVD set, if you are looking for She-Ra on region 2 as mentioned above, you should look on Amazon.de
    where there is the entire series (93 eps) called a "Gesamtbox"
    The picture quality is pretty exceptional when you consider there are on average 16 episodes per disc, I was
    very surprised

As I type that particular box set is at its cheapest I've seen

One warning I should give, is that the first disc did not seem to work on one of my DVD players
    (but worked fine on another), it crashed on the title menu screen, however the other 5 discs worked fine.

Loo-Kee once he found out her identity could have been She-Ra's sidekick.
    I definitely wouldn't have been okay with that. The two episodes he was featured in were fine, don't get me wrong, but his visual design was just too busy for him to be a part of the regular cast. It's not like She-Ra would need him around. Kowl might have been colorful, but he was a serious character, at least to me.

I actually liked the fact that the morals were told by this other character who wasn't a part of the main show, but observed everything from the trees. It made sense to me.

I always found the morals on He-Man to be preachy and corny. Teela telling me to brush my teeth? Oy. Thank Goodness Bow didn't do that.

Heroic Warrior

She-ra was superior to He-man in many ways

She-ra had more powers, better sword and a sidekick that could fly.

Also, the animation and music were better on She-ra than on the He-man series.

She-ra was designed to be outdo He-man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Court Magician
    Me and my daughter saw the "Flowers for Hordak" today for the first time :-)
    It was very fun to see Hordak many fun faces and how he's so tired of Perfuma. A very fun and great chapter of She ra cartoon :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah, That one happens to be my personal favorite.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!