Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PoP and NA Fans: Who Do You Want Next, and Why?

PoP and NA Fans: Who Do You Want Next, and Why?

In light of yet another vintage reveal today, I thought it would be nice if those of us who are desperately waiting for our own must-have to come together in one thread and let Scott know who we want, and why. It's fantastic that the vintage fans have had such a great 2012...but Scott needs to know that there is another part of the fanbase that's simply not feeling the love.

So how about it? Tell us who your Number 1 most wanted character is, from either NA or PoP (or, hey, one of each), and then tell us why you are looking forward to that character. This is not the same as MGM's IDOL threads, as the intention here is to provide a narrative behind our vote. Who knows, maybe we'll melt someone's heart and find our favorite character in the line sooner rather than later.

I'll start us off.

PoP: I'm dying for Mermista. Growing up, the concept of He-Man having a sister was so exciting to me. The only thing that could have made it better would have been for the PoP dolls to have fallen into the same line as MOTU, with the same sculpting, scale, etc. To that end, I was always really put off by the rooted hair and the fabric outfits. That's what made Mermista SO COOL. Sure, she had real hair, but she had a mermaid tail instead of a dress! It was made out of fabric, but in this case, it made sense. So did the hair, as real hair flowing in water is so much more dynamic than plastic. I always had a sense that, had she been in the vintage MOTU line, not much would have changed about her. I spent hours playing with her in the bathroom sink (Alas, I didn't have Crystal Falls) and was utterly devastated one day when the mermaid-to-human transformation was done one too many times, and she snapped in half at the waist. This was long after the line disappeared form stores, yet pre-ebay. A replacement was not to be had. When MOTUC was announced, this lady here was one of my top desires. And she still is.

NA: When MOTU and PoP disappeared from TVs and toy stores everywhere, we were all devastated. When NA appeared, it filled the void somewhat. I neve chad many of the figures, but I did have He-Man and Skelly. I had a few vehicles and playsets, too. But the only other figures I had were Flipshot and Flogg. One down, one to go, right?

EDIT: 200x (Bonus): I didn't include 200x in this thread, because to me, they're basically the same as MOTU. But a lot of you have added them to your desires, so I can play along, too! CALIX gets my vote. As disappointed as I was when 200x came out that my beloved characters had changed appearances, I was a sucker for the new characters. Calix pulls double duty for me as not only a member of the Horde but, in my mind's eye, a rogue for Stonedar and Rokkon!
    Last edited by bamf1980; May 18, 2012 at 08:01pm. Reason: Added a 200x choice.

NA He-Man \ Skeletor

cause it's about time.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    What a great idea for a thread! I think the way you've presented it seems fun and inviting. Like sharing the best memories, and reinvigorating our love for them.

POP: Double Trouble is my number one. She never had screen time on the shows, and the stories of her were limited to a handful. She always seemed like a very valuable player, being in She-Ra's inner ranks, as well as one of the Horde's top operatives. For a young woman to be in such danger, and face it fearlessly, she seemed so amazing to me as a young boy. She was a fearless, courageous woman, who put her life on the line for the greater good. That's pretty darn sexy. Like the others, she's nobility, and she can tangle with the worst of the demonic Horde. She's a secret agent... tres cool!

NA: As much as I want Flogg, I would be really excited to get Darius. I think it's incredibly creepy how much he reminds us of King Randor, and I've always found that when I go somewhere, there's always someone there who reminds me of someone I know back home. It's an old storytelling element, and would seem so great to have that in MOTUC, since it borrows from so many traditions already.

200X: Queen Veena of Grayskull. Granted, there could be issues releaseing her as Queen Veena, but Queen Grayskull stood by her husband through the worst of the worst, mourned him, and bore his child. She introduced magic to the bloodline culminating with the twins, and beyond (to Dare). She has a very cool costume, wings, powers; and there's such an elegance to her, contrasting the strong silent barbarian she is married to. There's still so much mystery surrounding her, her father, and her child.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I want Flogg or Sagitar and I want Angelina

Give Me Sagitar and Castaspella

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Great idea, Aaron, and you're right: apparently Scott does need to be reminded that there's fans of more than just the vintage MOTU faction.

In terms of POP, I'm going to have to go with Madam Razz. To this day, I can't believe that two of She-Ra's secret-knowing-friends (Madam and Light Hope) didn't receive plasticized representation. Madam was the Orko of POP, and is long overdue for a figure! She also brings some much-needed physical diversity to the physical idea of womanhood within the MOTU mythos, LOL!

[NB: Technically speaking, my next most requested character from Etheria is Scorpia, but I know there are those who like to quibble for differing reasons about whether the Horde should be considered POP or not. I don't feel like getting into that argument, so I'm just going to say that Madam is my most requested POP figure and Scorpia is my next most requested Etherian Horde figure.]

As far as NA goes, I'm going to say Master Sebrian. He was such a fascinating character--like Randor and the Sorceress rolled into one. And yet, even as a youth (and before reading Jack Olesker's thoughts about later seasons of NA), I felt that there was something morally suspect about him. It added an extra dimension to the intrigue. I definitely want to see him immortalized in plastic before MOTUC ends.

Finally, going off of Jon-O's post above, I'm going to throw in Veena as my most requested 200X character: c'mon, she's the first Sorceress, and a tragic figure! Plus, you can just tell that she's a take-charge queen. I imagine she's a lot like what Teela will be like as Adam's Sorceress-Queen.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I want any NA / POP but He-Man & Skeletor.

FLOGG
    Lizorr
    Entrapta
    Scorpia
    Hoove

POP: Glimmer. The Secret of the Sword film brings back more feelings of nostalgia than just about anything else MOTU related and so I can't wait for everyone featured in that film to be classicised. We're doing well so far, but Glimmer is probably the most featured person in that film that hasn't been released yet. For the same reason I am also eagerly awaiting Angella, Kowl, Razz, and the Twiggets!

NA: Tough, but I guess it's a toss up between Butthead and Quakke. I only had a handful of NA figs when I was young and Optikk and Slush head have already been made. I also had Weaponstronic (Artilla in the US) and Sagitar so looking forward to those too, as well as Tuskador, Staghorn and Flogg just because they look cool.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Great Rebellion:
    My #1: I cannot wait for Netossa! She was a late-comer to the original toy line and show. I have a thing for voluminous capes, and she definitely sported that. Funny thing is: her cape doubled as her action feature! I always thought of her as a bounty hunter gone good, giving an interesting twist to her character.

My Expected: I think Castaspella in Filmation colors should be a character we see by the end of 2012, or the beginning of 2013. Since we got the Star Sisters, I think we can continue building the core members of the Great Rebellion, and Casta is a pretty prominent and anticipated member.

NA:
    My #1: Darius is the He-Ro of NA - the prototype that has a strong history, but never made it to figure form. Darius was the "Master Sebrian" of the UK Magazine NA story. He was the leader of the Galactic Protectors, and a sort of guide/advisor to He-Man in the Tri-Solar Galaxy.

My Expected: I suspect Hydron will be next. And I will be delighted to add him to my collection.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Pop: I want peekablue, she wil look awesume
    Na: I want artilla, love his design

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    PoP: I want Spinnerella in MOTUC badly, but I think they should release Queen Angella next. Angella is a character that has two very distinct looks (Filmation vs toy...although her young Filmation self looks similar to the toy), so I feel it's important to get her out asap. Later in the line, we can (hopefully), get her second look (which is NOT a mere repaint).

NA: Sagitar or Staghorn. They're both unique creature guys we didn't get anything like in any of the other eras of MOTU. A Minotaur-like guy is freakin awesome as is the mechanical deer guy (his arch nemesis, no less!).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

OOOOOOOHHHHH..... GOOD THREAD!!!

I think we need a queen of Etheria: ANGELA
    The other princess: GLIMMER
    And a Very COOL witch: MADAME RAZZ!!

HOLLA!!!

NA He-Man \ Skeletor

cause it's about time.
    I FULLY AGREE. And I'm not even a New Adventures fan. I just think it must suck for those people to have what...two supporting characters but no versions of the main ones?

As for She-Ra/POP, I'm really dying for a Kowl figure. I mean, we've waited all these years to see him released the way he should have been back in the '80s, and it's not like he's a big guy. I feel like they're saving him to include with some "less popular" character, but frankly, the wait is driving me crazy.

Other than him, I'm pulling for Octavia big-time. She's just too cool.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Brotherhood of Non-Vintage MOTU Eras? Are we joining forces? An unholy alliance?

POP: I like Casta better, but I would like to see Glimmer. She's one of the main trio of POP heroes.

NA: Sagitar. Now that the 4H can give him his Jetlag helmet with the visor, I want him in MOTUC! He's one of the best characters and action figures that ever came from that line--he can double as a humanoid or a steed.

200X: Although my thing is moreso 200X variants of vintage characters, I would love to see Evilseed. As one of the rare Filmation/MYP combo characters, I think he could be a major player in the world of MOTUC! Give him a bunch of bendy vines to wrap enemies in!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Brotherhood of Non-Vintage MOTU Eras? Are we joining forces? An unholy alliance?

Oh, if we're including 200X: I want Illumina and Callix (I love the Horde ).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

From New Adventures I would like Vizar. He may not be one of the most popular NA characters, but he was a favourite of mine as a child and I reckon he'd make for one heck of a cool figure in Classics form. He'd also bring more racial diversity into the toy line, which is never a bad thing.

From Princess of Power I am dying to own Mermista. As much as my shelves are calling out for a Glimmer figure (she's one of the major characters after all) I can't help but love Mermista. I remember buying her from my local market as a child, and I loved that she could be transformed into a mermaid. I used to make her go diving for shells and get attacked by Mer-Man. She'd always win, of course. I just know that whenever we do get her she will be one of the highlights of the toy line. She could even come with some cool shell-like weapons.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Pop: Glimmer. She is one of the main PoP Characters, and should really be the next one made in my opinion.

NA: Crita! Come on!

Mermista - cos mermaids are hot.

Sagitar - because a centaur in MOTUC would be coolz.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Spinnerella - Simply because I've always liked the look of the figure and because King Hiss needs something pretty to dance for him as he sits upon his throne.

Lizzor - MOTU needs more space lizards.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Darius and Scorpia because we've never had them
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

NA: Staghorn - His face literally looks like a piece of Picasso artwork. Love his psychotic looking bug-eye, action feature and overall look.

POP: Double Trouble - She's one of the 3 POP figures I owned as a kid (Catra and Entrapta being the other two), so I have fond memories of her. Plus it's about damn time to get some pure toy-based representation in the MOTUC line. After that, I would go with Entrapta and then Spinnerella. Spinnerella, because she maybe gets me a toy-based Tallstar with pants.

Ooh! I love these threads!

PoP: I can't wait to own them all, but my next pick would be Peekablue. I think she's beautiful and I love her colors. She seems like she'd be one of the most powerful of the Etherian heroes.

NA: Flogg! I love what we've gotten as far as NA goes and I'm jonesing for the leader of the Space Mutants. I can't wait to see his Bio either; will Skeketor allow him to think he's still in charge as in the toon? I loved that angle.

200X/MYP: Gosh-so hard! I really want the ABC Giants, Queen Andreenos, Dekker, Captain Randor, The Oracle, Veena, Siren Evil Lyn, Prahvus, Ceratus, Callix, Horde Wraiths, Kaligar Chief, Dactys, Odiphus (really want this guy), cursed Marzo, battle armor Marlena, Zeelahr, Sor-Tek, Jungle Attack He-Man, Ice Armor He-Man...you get the idea. But if forced to pick one at the moment: STINGRAD!!!
    (Bumblor would rule too.)

And for kicks: Filmation? I'm ready for Shokoti!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm......

PoP: Either Sea Hawk or Angella.

NA: He-man

200x: Lord Dactyus.

I don't care which NA or POP Rebellion we get next, I just want them to start producing more of each group...and this is coming from someone who only collected Masters figures as a kid. I'm loving the Classics NA and POP Rebellion figures so far...the few we have, and would love to see more of them.

If I had to choose I would like to see Glimmer next for POP just to get the core three of She-Ra, Bow, and Glimmer out. Then they should stagger the main ones with more obscure one (as far their appearance in Filmation is concerned) After Glimmer give us Mermista, then Queen Angella, Peek a Blue, Castaspella, etc. (I consider Madam Razz and Sea Hawk to be Filmation and therefor in a different rotation then the vintage figure Rebellion members...so hopefully they will come out sooner than later too).

For NA I would love to Sagitar next in a beast slot or a "Delux" spot (which I think they should start incorporating into the beast slots).

200X I would love to see Veena. She would be an awesome figure!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Quick, someone ask Benedict Judas Hel if it's a bit chilly in his neck o' the woods today!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook