Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does She-Ra Have More Access to the Power of Grayskull?

Does She-Ra Have More Access to the Power of Grayskull?

He-Man may be the most powerful man in the universe but after seeing the She-Ra cartoon, I wonder if she has better access to the Power of Grayskull. Where He-Man just gets incredibly strong, She-Ra seems to get so many more powers. She can communicate with animals, heal the injured, and her sword can morph into any tool she needs. Even Swiftwind seems to get more powerful than Battle Cat...He moved an entire moon to delay an eclipse in one episode!

Is it possible that She-Ra is more powerful than He-Man or could it be that the Stone of Protection in her sword is providing the extra perks?

I've always thought that she had more powers than He-Man simply because she needs it- she's fighting a bigger threat in The Evil Horde than He-Man is with Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I've always thought that she had more powers than He-Man simply because she needs it- she's fighting a bigger threat in The Evil Horde than He-Man is with Skeletor.
    That's what I thought too. It seems that the powers of Grayskull adapts to what the hero/heroine needs at that moment in time. (ie. Thunderpunch He-Man/various 200x armors) Also the powers may act differently on Etheria....I mean, look at how Orko's magic was different on Eternia and Trolla. I would think the same changes could apply based on the location. Either way, I think He-Man and She-Ra were meant to be complete equals (the whole twins thing)

This bothered me when I first watched She-Ra but I came to believe this same concept, She-Ra is fighting a bigger thread and she lacks the resources He-Man has access to. The magic of Grayskull may know this and adapt.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

The morphing sword was apparently necessary in the battle against the Horde even though it did get quite silly at times. The Battle Armor and the Thunder Punch armor would have been very useful to He-Man and it's a shame those never appeared. The Starburst outfit would have been nice to see in some episodes as well.

my thoughts were that heman got more streignth whereas shera got more magic to combat the streingth that heman received so thats how i beleive they made up for it
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Mm-hmm, exactly.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Hordak is a different threat than Skeletor, not a bigger one.
    ..(if Hordak crys when Perfuma makes flowers grow out of the floor tiles, he's weak)

Also She-Ra's magic should never have had anything to do with GreySkull and its abyss.
    She-Ra needed a kryptonite, and that could easily be tied to GraySkull and He-Man.
    As well she needed to be more clearly in opposition to masculine-regal-athority.

(maybe Im wrong? ..but I am thinking about story structure)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Hordak is a different threat than Skeletor, not a bigger one.
    ..(if Hordak crys when Perfuma makes flowers grow out of the floor tiles, he's weak)
    When comparing, Skeletor doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But Hordak is a force to be reckoned with for, unfortunately, all of Etheria (and I didn't like how they wrote Perfuma and Hordak in that flowers episode---funny, sure, but more like fan fiction IMO than how Hordak really is and would have really acted).
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

There is no comparision, they are very different.

Skeletor is a local area problem, Hordak is a galactic invader.

..oh, and Skeletor has freeze-rays,, FREEZE-RAYS.

There is no comparision, they are very different.

Skeletor is a local area problem, Hordak is a galactic invader.
    Exactly; Hordak's a bigger threat for Etheria than Skeletor is for Eternia.

But what if.. the DeathStar blew up Etheria,, (..due to Trola being far too remote to make an effective demonstration),, and Hordak was invading Eternia (more or less the only story-based planet in my book)...

Then one would see there is no comparison at all, his methods are singular, his goal is usurpsion, his friends are robots and leaches.

Did I mention freeze-rays?

Then it wouldn't take long for Hordak to reign in ol' Skeletor and show him again, "who's boss". lol

ok,, how would Hordak do that?

With an army?
    she-ra pic 151.pngshe-ra pic 276.png

In 'Arena' Skeletor had an army too.
    ep Arena 1.pngep Arena 2.png

If we had seen them arm wrestle or box with no weapons or magic pearls then we may know who is stronger.
    ..(or bigger, however that is seen)
    Otherwise they are simply different characters in different places and times.

So there is no reason for She-Ra to be more strong than He-Man.
    she-ra pic 143.png

Also I will grant you that in my storyboards, Hordak owns Skeletor big time.

ok,, how would Hordak do that?

With an army?
    she-ra pic 151.pngshe-ra pic 276.png

ep Arena 1.pngep Arena 2.png

If we had seen them arm wrestle or box with no weapons or magic pearls then we may know who is stronger.
    ..(or bigger, however that is seen)

she-ra pic 143.png

Also I will grant you that in my storyboards, Hordak owns Skeletor big time.
    my theory is by calling upon the power of Grayskull or honor of Grayskull in She ras case. causes a type of interdimensional flux to flow into He man or She ra. turning them into superhumans as some of us have seen that He man is well capable of going toe to toe with superman. that being said compairing superhumans strength wize is tough. while one superhuman can be stronger then another superhumans are allways invullnerable.

I always assumed that He-Man was physically a little stronger and She-Ra got the magic instead. Something to do with the gem in her sword & the extra powers it had.
    But it could also be she had a bit of an extra boost from Lighthope & the Crystal Castle although I'm not sure if she had those powers before she found the castle? She-Ra experts may need to correct me there.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hordak always had countless numbers of Horde Troops at his disposal.

Well the time is the same, but of course the place aren't. lol

I don't think they would ever make her "stronger" over He-Man since she's a woman, and they kept her rather slim 'n trim so it's hard to picture that, lol. She would need more "back-up" available though since the threat on Etheria is much larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Lad View Post
    I always assumed that He-Man was physically a little stronger and She-Ra got the magic instead. Something to do with the gem in her sword & the extra powers it had.
    I agree.

I always wondered if Adam was ever a little jealous of Adora that she got to fly on her "special beast", while he was stuck on the ground (and her sword was more attractive, lol).

She-Ra's task was that much greater, she needed more of Grayskull's power to free etheria and restore Eternia's twin world and the power of the universe. I see her being just as strong as He-Man, but maybe not able to maintain that level of physical strength for quite as long as her brother. He-Man also has access to some of the powers She-Ra does. Telepathy, shooting energy rays from the sword of power, using the sword to create cyclones.

She-Ra was certianly played off as the more powerful and gifted of the twins, something that continues to cause her problems with certian elements of the fan community, but that dosen't stop her being who she is. Her task was that much greater, she needed to be more than He-Man to fulfill her destany and the prophacy of the twins of power.
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 8, 2013 at 07:50pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Not more access, just early access. She's a subber & He-Man isn't.

I think it's just timing. Had the 2 shows been on at the exact same time, I bet it would be more even. Or if She-Ra was first we'd be saying He-Man had more powers. Just because they had time to improve upon the powers between the two shows. But I do know one thing he can do she can't...breath in space. Ha!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

..In my work She-Ra has a pearl staff, and she is all about magic.

The real issue is strength and power. (which are two different things)

The power of a king or prince is different from the power of a sorcerer or sorceress.
    The strength of a bodybuilder, (like Reg Park who played Hercules before Schwarzenegger), is different from the strength of a woman in shadow of her brother, (who is a prince and will be king because he has a pe-pe instead of a bo-bo)

When she is wearing the starburst cape and the mask of the whisps She-Ra can also breath in space. See how those pesky UK She-Ra comics (very much tied to the Filmation shows) also allow She-Ra to steal He-Man's thunder!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

^ That I did not know...and thats why I love the org.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I always thought and still do that the Stone in the sword enhanced her powers, NOT because the Horde is a bigger threat, that's why He-Man doesn't have certain ones.

In the episode, Horde Prime takes a Holiday. She-ra did seem to imply that her physical strength is not equally on par with He-Man's. Even though other episodes showcased her superhuman capabilities.

On some episodes when He-Man guest starred, he did have the tendency to suffer from the Worf Effect so that She-ra could shine more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    On some episodes when He-Man guest starred, he did have the tendency to suffer from the Worf Effect so that She-ra could shine more.
    Yes.

I hate the first She-ra episode because of that, it's like He-man at his worst... I mean, he acted weaker and less capable to me, I was frustrated when I saw that episode most recently.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.