View Poll Results: Do you want a Shadow Weaver variant?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

103 50.99%
  • No

99 49.01%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

Hybrid View

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Shadow Weaver solution (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

Let's hear your voice! Are you all subscribers and/or full of money?
    Please don't say no just because you are so lucky to already have Shadow Weaver!
    The 52 "NO" answers are from people that already have SW and/or didn't read the thread, they didn't say no for a real reason, they said no because they don't have our "problem", that's all.
    Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive was a crime, a slap in the face of every fan, Shadow Weaver is an A character not just a variant for completists. Every MOTUC fan should have it.
    So there are a lot of way to give Shadow Weaver to people that don't have a lot of money, but we don't want a loophole variant we want a legitimate solution, because everybody should be happy with their MOTUC collection.
    Dark Specter suggested in his reply (click here) to do a Light Spinner figure that can turn into Shadow Weaver (the best idea ever!):

P.S. I didn't need Stinkor nevertheless when on this forum they started the threads about the Stinkor forearms I was immediately by their side, do you wanna know why?
    Because UNITED WE STANDS, divided we fall!
    Mattel and Toy Guru are here only for the money, they don't care about us, so against them we must be like a rattlesnake, we never begin an attack but once engaged we shall never surrender! We must be like a massive wall without cracks, we must be their worst nightmare!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 20, 2012 at 09:46pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

That figure had to be expensive to tool and the character is a prominent character. I think this Shadow Weaver should be made as something like a traveling con exclusive or something.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'd like one. I got one from my subscription but the eyes are not centered under the hood, which looks awful
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    no thanks, I like her just the way we got her.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    no thanks, I like her just the way we got her.
    I'm happy for you but this variant isn't for the lucky people as you, the title says it all: it's a variant for people that can't afford the subscription and the mad prices of second sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That figure had to be expensive to tool and the character is a prominent character. I think this Shadow Weaver should be made as something like a traveling con exclusive or something.
    EXACTLY!

Round 2, vote for

I really like that varient and would love to have her next to Hordak and not have to pay 100 bucks on the secondary market!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'd like one. I got one from my subscription but the eyes are not centered under the hood, which looks awful
    took me some time but I fixed mine. lots of heat frm the hair dryer a small exacto knife and a whole lot of patience, my SW is no longer cockeyed!

I'd be ok getting a variant, this suggestion though, isn't NEARLY different enough for me to see it happening (seeing as how SW was an exclusive and though I got her I do believe it was bad form making her the sub exclusive)

I'd say light spinner should be the shadow weaver variant. make her white, give her a maskless head and her SW head but in white, and a removeable horde belt. that way she's easy to customize into SW and she's different enough (and a new character) to have it make sense from a management POV (plus you guarantee lots of multiple sales, those who didn't get SW would want two one for light spinner one for SW and some may want to display her in all three ways. )
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This is a bit tough. The way the poll is worded is "Do you want..."

I wouldn't want it... but I wouldn't want to deny others from having the opportunity to get them if possible.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I wouldn't want it... but I wouldn't want to deny others from having the opportunity to get them if possible.
    yeah it should be "should there be a SW variant" but I'd buy the one I suggested. could be a good base to customize a Celice as well.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah it should be "should there be a SW variant" but I'd buy the one I suggested. could be a good base to customize a Celice as well.
    You're completely right, I hope that one adminstrator can change the title...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Can you change the title please? Thank you!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 23, 2012 at 02:19pm.

Round 2, vote for

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    took me some time but I fixed mine. lots of heat frm the hair dryer a small exacto knife and a whole lot of patience, my SW is no longer cockeyed!

I'd be ok getting a variant, this suggestion though, isn't NEARLY different enough for me to see it happening (seeing as how SW was an exclusive and though I got her I do believe it was bad form making her the sub exclusive)

I'd say light spinner should be the shadow weaver variant. make her white, give her a maskless head and her SW head but in white, and a removeable horde belt. that way she's easy to customize into SW and she's different enough (and a new character) to have it make sense from a management POV (plus you guarantee lots of multiple sales, those who didn't get SW would want two one for light spinner one for SW and some may want to display her in all three ways. )
    I completely agree. It would technically be a different character and a legitimate variant. And it would definitely win TG virtual brownie points with the fans who felt burned by Weaver being the sub exclusive.

So it probably won't happen.

I wouldn't mind a Light Spinner version if that's all we could get.....but I think a battleground version could also be pretty sweet. I wonder if there are any 200x concept shots of Shadow Weaver....Max?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Let's hear your voice! Are you all subscribers and/or full of money?
    Please don't say no just because you are so lucky to already have Shadow Weaver!
    Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive was a crime, a slap in the face of every fan, Shadow Weaver is an A character not just a variant for completists. Every MOTUC fan should have it.
    So let's do a Shadow Weaver Ladybird variant, inspired by this book:
    http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/med...gic_Mirror.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...04-05_full.jpg
    And now the differences:
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7...adowweaver.jpg
    Accessories included with the regular Shadow Weaver: magic book, wand and figure stand
    Accessories included with the Ladybird Shadow Weaver: wand
    Let me save you the trouble Joey. Scott has been asked about reissuing Shadow Weaver for those who didn't have a sub, his reply was Shadow weaver was the 2012 exclusive figure we don't reissue the club exclusives and we won't be doing any varients of her.
    Scott has said Light Spinner could be made but no Shadow Weaver.
    Last edited by mjw41; May 24, 2012 at 04:36am.

voted no, because I dont want to have to have another shadow weaver.

Mind you how cool would it be if they did re-release her with a "Light Spinner" head. But nope, I dont want to have to have 2, and if they did another, I would.

Sorry but I cannot have sympathy for anyone who doesnt have one, because that is entirely the reason I got a sub. And you can buy one on ebay. Had two chances to get one already, and decided not to. Not Mattel's fault. So we dont "need" another one.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    voted no, because I dont want to have to have another shadow weaver.
    Mind you how cool would it be if they did re-release her with a "Light Spinner" head. But nope, I dont want to have to have 2, and if they did another, I would.
    Have you read everything?
    Sincerely I'm happy for you but the title of thread is "Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)"
    and I said
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Sorry but I cannot have sympathy for anyone who doesnt have one, because that is entirely the reason I got a sub. And you can buy one on ebay. Had two chances to get one already, and decided not to. Not Mattel's fault. So we dont "need" another one.
    What about MONEY?
    There are people that can't afford the subscription and the second seller!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    And she is readily available now for $65-75 on eBay, if you actually watch the sales.
    I watch Ebay every day and there are the stupid early bidders making the second sellers game... I saw a Shadow Weaver with the starting price of 99 cents that went to 86 bucks in just two hours, and they got 10 days to bid on it, crazy people on Ebay!
    Ok, it's 65 bucks (that I don't have) but you have to add the shipping to Europe... 100 bucks for a piece of plastic? I just don't have them, I just need a regular Shadow Weaver and I want to pay it 30 bucks as every prominent character.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    If Mattel released this 2.0 SW, what would be special about the sub exclusive SW, her spell book?
    Mattel can do everythin' to make a less special SW: different colors, less accessories, they can do everythin' to be loyal to people that can't afford a regular SW... they can even release it loose...

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Scott has said Light Spinner could be made but no Shadow Weaver.
    I can't say what I'm thinkin' of Scott, I'll be banned from every forum on earth.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 24, 2012 at 10:18am.

Round 2, vote for

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You guys need to come to terms that Matty is not going to do another Shadow Weaver figure ever (For the classics line . That's the deal with sub exclusive figures.

If there is a Horde Witch, they will look nothing like Shadow Weaver.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I didn't sub as I only found out about this line at the beginning of this year, I had to pay $117 to get Shadow Weaver (OK, I didn't HAVE to). I say give those who can't afford a sub or don't want one a chance to own Shadow Weaver. Are people with a sub REALLY that 'offended' if people outside of the sub get a chance to own her? Really?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    King Grayskull is still the same buck, the same armor, the same figure....a few extra accessories a different color and flocking don't make it that different. If that is the case I want a Filmation He-Man right now, because he would have a new head, the Tri-Klops left forearm and possibly a sword sheath, not to mention the color would be a little different, that is about as much of a difference the KG variant has.
    I didn't say KG was vastly different compared to the 2.0 version. I said that the differences between KG and KG 2.0 are much more than this proposed SW 2.0 would be compared to the original.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that makes him more exclusive is the fact that he is so very hard to get at a good price
    Yeah, that's the case NOW. It's been 4 years since his release, so obviously he is much harder to get a hold of now. Still, when he first went on sale, he was easily obtainable for $30. Even after he sold out on Matty, he was still easily obtainable on eBay for about $50-$60. As time went on, his price started to rise. That's just the way of collectibles.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadow Weaver was made in a much higher volume and was sold to everyone who bought a sub, something that wasn't an option for the original KG, regardless of being sold on Matty or not
    Regardless of production numbers, like I said, SDCC KG was just as easy or easier to obtain than Shadow Weaver was. KG was available to everyone in the USA. It couldn't be shipped internationally because of the electronics in the packaging. Either way, international fans could have gotten him on ebay for close to cost shortly after he was on sale.

- - - Updated - - -

how many do you know that have a KG as opposed to how many have Shadow Weaver now. More people have the ability to buy Shadow Weaver right now granted some still want $100+ for her but she is much easier to obtain than KG is.
    Both of these issues are due to when each figure was released, not how exclusive each figure was. There are a lot more fans of MOTUC now than compared to when KG was released as the first figure in MOTUC.

Give it time, KG was released 4 years ago. 4 years from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shadow Weaver fetch the same prices that KG does now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Are people with a sub REALLY that 'offended' if people outside of the sub get a chance to own her? Really?
    I wouldn't be offended, but I wouldn't be happy. I subscribe to MOTUC because I want every figure they release. From Sweet Bee and Celice to Quakke and Lodar, I want it all, that is why I subscribe.

However, would it be fair to those fans who had no interest in half of the revealed figures, let alone subscribing and decided to bite the bullet and subscribe just for Shadow Weaver. Or what about those fans who payed a high price for SW on the secondary market believing that she would never be re-released. Would it be fair to them to say "Hey here's a SW for $22"?

Also, the sub is crucial to the success of MOTUC. It wouldn't be smart of Mattel to re-release a sub exclusive character to everyone. All that would do is discourage people from subscribing. People on the fence about the subscription would just say "I'll wait till they re-release the sub figure and not worry about subscribing". That loses potential sub sales and hurts the line overall.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Or what about those fans who payed a high price for SW on the secondary market believing that she would never be re-released. Would it be fair to them to say "Hey here's a SW for $22"?
    If I had enuff money to buy a subscription or a SW in the secondary market I'll be happy for common people because as I said in the first comment:
    UNITED WE STANDS
    Divided we fall

It's simply fairness, like taxes, if you have enuff money, a subscription is a damage like a 22$ figure is a damage for common people, that's all!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 24, 2012 at 07:12pm.

Round 2, vote for

I'm with most on here, if they did a Light Spinner figure I'd be stoked but I don't see another version being different enough to warrant a variant. I don't think a variant spot should be taken up so that everyone can get a figure that was supposed to be a subscription exclusive. There are plenty of "common" people who wanted her bad enough and saved up to get her on the secondary market. I put that word in quotations because I think it's pretty offensive to suggest that anyone who gets a subscription is "uncommon" or that money is not an issue for them (as has been done repeatedly here). I'm a working class individual and I, like many others here, work damn hard and sacrifice to be able to have a subscription.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted yes, but it should come as a 4 pack with the star sister variants that are wanted and it should cost $88 before shipping. Then everyone would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    I voted yes, but it should come as a 4 pack with the star sister variants that are wanted and it should cost $88 before shipping. Then everyone would be happy.
    everyone happywhen has that EVER happened.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A Light Spinner variant with Styrax would be cool...

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    I'm very much up in the air here.

First off, I think it was a beyond douchey move for Mattel to release Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive. I love the idea that if you commit to a year of whatever figures Mattel throws your way, you get something special that is unavailable to those who don't. Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man are great exclusives because while cool, they're not essential figures. Shadow Weaver on the other hand is the characte that's been dangling just out of reach since we watched the original FILMation cartoon, and to make her any harder to finally lay our hands on than needed is just scummy. It never should have been done.

That being said, it was done. Now we have a lot of fans who subscribed, and took a lot of figures they didn't want just to get her, and a lot more fans who went to eBay and spent two, three, or more times what an average MOTUC figure goes for in order to have her. They did this because they were told that she would NEVER be available ANYWHERE else again. It's a big slap in the face to anyone who bought Weaver for that reason if they release her again, and that's not fair either.

Under the right circumstances, I would welcome a Shadow Weaver variant. But not a rerelease, relrelease disguised as a variant, or 2.0 disguised as a variant. It would have to be a figure that was very clearly NOT the original Shadow Weaver, no matter how you mixed and matched it's accessories.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Under the right circumstances, I would welcome a Shadow Weaver variant. But not a rerelease, relrelease disguised as a variant, or 2.0 disguised as a variant. It would have to be a figure that was very clearly NOT the original Shadow Weaver, no matter how you mixed and matched it's accessories.
    I agree completely. I would love to get a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant like Light Spinner. However, I also wouldn't want it to be a "loophole" Shadow Weaver figure or as you put it "rerelease disguised as a variant".

This is why I think this poll is pretty much pointless. The OP thinks people who vote "Yes" want the "loophole" Shadow Weaver, but that simply isn't the case. Some may want that but their are others who want a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant who are also voting yes.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy