View Poll Results: Do you want a Shadow Weaver variant?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

103 50.99%
  • No

99 49.01%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Shadow Weaver solution (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

Let's hear your voice! Are you all subscribers and/or full of money?
    Please don't say no just because you are so lucky to already have Shadow Weaver!
    The 52 "NO" answers are from people that already have SW and/or didn't read the thread, they didn't say no for a real reason, they said no because they don't have our "problem", that's all.
    Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive was a crime, a slap in the face of every fan, Shadow Weaver is an A character not just a variant for completists. Every MOTUC fan should have it.
    So there are a lot of way to give Shadow Weaver to people that don't have a lot of money, but we don't want a loophole variant we want a legitimate solution, because everybody should be happy with their MOTUC collection.
    Dark Specter suggested in his reply (click here) to do a Light Spinner figure that can turn into Shadow Weaver (the best idea ever!):

P.S. I didn't need Stinkor nevertheless when on this forum they started the threads about the Stinkor forearms I was immediately by their side, do you wanna know why?
    Because UNITED WE STANDS, divided we fall!
    Mattel and Toy Guru are here only for the money, they don't care about us, so against them we must be like a rattlesnake, we never begin an attack but once engaged we shall never surrender! We must be like a massive wall without cracks, we must be their worst nightmare!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 20, 2012 at 08:46pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

That figure had to be expensive to tool and the character is a prominent character. I think this Shadow Weaver should be made as something like a traveling con exclusive or something.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'd like one. I got one from my subscription but the eyes are not centered under the hood, which looks awful
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    no thanks, I like her just the way we got her.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    no thanks, I like her just the way we got her.
    I'm happy for you but this variant isn't for the lucky people as you, the title says it all: it's a variant for people that can't afford the subscription and the mad prices of second sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That figure had to be expensive to tool and the character is a prominent character. I think this Shadow Weaver should be made as something like a traveling con exclusive or something.
    EXACTLY!

Round 2, vote for

I really like that varient and would love to have her next to Hordak and not have to pay 100 bucks on the secondary market!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'd like one. I got one from my subscription but the eyes are not centered under the hood, which looks awful
    took me some time but I fixed mine. lots of heat frm the hair dryer a small exacto knife and a whole lot of patience, my SW is no longer cockeyed!

I'd be ok getting a variant, this suggestion though, isn't NEARLY different enough for me to see it happening (seeing as how SW was an exclusive and though I got her I do believe it was bad form making her the sub exclusive)

I'd say light spinner should be the shadow weaver variant. make her white, give her a maskless head and her SW head but in white, and a removeable horde belt. that way she's easy to customize into SW and she's different enough (and a new character) to have it make sense from a management POV (plus you guarantee lots of multiple sales, those who didn't get SW would want two one for light spinner one for SW and some may want to display her in all three ways. )
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This is a bit tough. The way the poll is worded is "Do you want..."

I wouldn't want it... but I wouldn't want to deny others from having the opportunity to get them if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I wouldn't want it... but I wouldn't want to deny others from having the opportunity to get them if possible.
    yeah it should be "should there be a SW variant" but I'd buy the one I suggested. could be a good base to customize a Celice as well.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah it should be "should there be a SW variant" but I'd buy the one I suggested. could be a good base to customize a Celice as well.
    You're completely right, I hope that one adminstrator can change the title...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Can you change the title please? Thank you!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 23, 2012 at 01:19pm.

Round 2, vote for

I'd be interested in a Light Spinner variant for sure.

However, this version of Shadow Weaver (Ladybird) has zero percent chance of being released by Mattel. It's basically THE Shadow Weaver we already have. If Mattel makes any variant of SW, it's going to be quite a bit different than the sub exclusive SW.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    took me some time but I fixed mine. lots of heat frm the hair dryer a small exacto knife and a whole lot of patience, my SW is no longer cockeyed!

I'd be ok getting a variant, this suggestion though, isn't NEARLY different enough for me to see it happening (seeing as how SW was an exclusive and though I got her I do believe it was bad form making her the sub exclusive)

I'd say light spinner should be the shadow weaver variant. make her white, give her a maskless head and her SW head but in white, and a removeable horde belt. that way she's easy to customize into SW and she's different enough (and a new character) to have it make sense from a management POV (plus you guarantee lots of multiple sales, those who didn't get SW would want two one for light spinner one for SW and some may want to display her in all three ways. )
    I completely agree. It would technically be a different character and a legitimate variant. And it would definitely win TG virtual brownie points with the fans who felt burned by Weaver being the sub exclusive.

So it probably won't happen.

I wouldn't mind a Light Spinner version if that's all we could get.....but I think a battleground version could also be pretty sweet. I wonder if there are any 200x concept shots of Shadow Weaver....Max?!?!

Light Spinner yes, anything else no. Shadow Weaver got her release and they are not going to release her again.
    MOTUC Top 3 Wish List
    Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella

I think a darker Shadow Weaver with a clip-on belt and two heads (one standard, one more detailed) would be a great idea.

The belt and alternate head could have "classicsized" 200X-style detailing (like Fisto's belt) and she could come with two open hands.

Sorry but no.

I wouldn't mind a Light Spinner or a 200X Horde Wraith figure but we all ready got a Shadow Weaver and there are certainly other more important figures to get to.

I'd be fine with a variant of Shadow Weaver, be it a different color or a Light Spinner. She is for sure an A list character so there is no reason she could not have a variant.

I personally have no desire to be part of an "elite" or "special" group of Shadow Weaver owners. I didn't subscribe so that I could have her in hopes that she would be more valuable. In no why would I be offended it Mattel made anther version of SW.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I'd be interested in a Light Spinner variant for sure.

However, this version of Shadow Weaver (Ladybird) has zero percent chance of being released by Mattel. It's basically THE Shadow Weaver we already have. If Mattel makes any variant of SW, it's going to be quite a bit different than the sub exclusive SW.
    I voted no, but then I thought about it....The released a variant King Grayskull for those who had no chance at all to get the original one, and I believe to fix the materials they used....I have heard the original broke somewhat easily if messed with too much....regardless they have released a "variant" of an exclusive figure before, with little more than a color change, and adding a few accessories.

But, while Shadow Weaver was a wanted figure, she is out there, and honestly any variant of her would be almost identical to her original release, aside from color, and actually the original KG was far less obtainable than Shadow Weaver is. Granted she does fetch a high price for her exclusivity, not as much as the original KG does.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The released a variant King Grayskull for those who had no chance at all to get the original one, and I believe to fix the materials they used....I have heard the original broke somewhat easily if messed with too much....regardless they have released a "variant" of an exclusive figure before, with little more than a color change, and adding a few accessories.
    KG 2.0 is a lot different compared to his original than this Ladybird Shadow Weaver is.

Along with the slight color difference of the figure itself, his cape is a completely different color with flocking and his sword is half translucent. Also, the original KG came with that collectible Grayskull packaging with lights and sound. Those differences, along with the packaging are enough to keep the original "special". If Mattel released this 2.0 SW, what would be special about the sub exclusive SW, her spell book?

Also, SDCC KG was sold on Mattycollector like almost every other MOTUC con exclusive. So, he wasn't really as exclusive as sub exclusive Shadow Weaver is to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    and actually the original KG was far less obtainable than Shadow Weaver is.
    The original KG was just as easy or easier to obtain than Shadow Weaver was. All you had to do was log in to Mattycollector and buy him for $30(USA only). SW was just as easy to obtain, but you had to commit to a whole year worth of product. The only reason KG sells for more on the secondary market is because he's older and harder to find NOW and lots of fans weren't even aware that MOTUC existed in 2008.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Woo! Broke a tie breaker.

Seriously though, I am a MOTUC subscriber (already have Shadow Weaver) and I DO want a variant of her! This will allow everyone who wants her to get her, and get everyone else a cool variant (like Santa King Grayskull).

My idea for her has been discussed a little here, but it's for a Light Spinner figure that can turn into Shadow Weaver!

Light Spinner: make her pinkish, like the Shadow Weaver prototype. Make a new crotch without a Horde symbol. Give her TWO removable belts (Horde symbol and her Light Spinner belt). She would come with 3 heads (Filmation Light Spinner, UK comics ponytail LS, and Shadow Weaver) and removable hands (GREEN Shadow Weaver hands and skin tone). Finally, for accessories, she would come with 2 shadow coils that attach to her hands/wrists and her bird Styrax with stand (stand can be the same red one we see in light brown).

I know it sounds like a lot of stuff, but the only parts are:

- crotch
    - Horde belt
    - Light Spinner belt

OR Mattel could make her sort of like Queen Marlena. Attach her to regular female, lower crotch and legs and have two, removable skirts (one Horde, one Light Spinner). That would mean TWO new parts instead of three. The Horde skirt would cover her feet up. She DOES have feet (look at Light Spinner pictures).

- Filmation LS head
    - UK LS head
    - Hands (same hands for green and flesh tone to keep costs down...need to be able to be removable from current Shadow Weaver arms)
    - shadow coils (or just ONE if the cost is too high, second can be in a Weapons Pak)
    - Styrax body (feet can be re-used, wings MIGHT be able to be re-used...stand CAN be re-used)

It would be a fantastic way to re-use the new Shadow Weaver buck that can't really BE re-used (she's MUCH shorter than all the other MOTUC females without her stand).

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 24, 2012 at 01:31am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

maybe instead of starting a thread 'asking' people who already have SW and don't care about others getting her, you should start a petition to have non exclusive version of SW for the thousands of people that want her and didn't want to be locked into a sub. she is going for $100-$150 on EBAY. rather keep my $100 and order her from Matty along with some other figs. send a few friendly PMS to ToyGuru.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    maybe instead of starting a thread 'asking' people who already have SW and don't care about others getting her, you should start a petition to have non exclusive version of SW for the thousands of people that want her and didn't want to be locked into a sub. she is going for $100-$150 on EBAY. rather keep my $100 and order her from Matty along with some other figs. send a few friendly PMS to ToyGuru.
    Yeah, and royally P.O. the entire subscriber base of the line who bought a sub with the promise of an exclusive, many of them only subbing instead of cherry picking just to get SW. That'd be smart.

While I'm not generally a "I want my toys and don't want anyone else to have them" type, in the case of the once a year sub exclusive, I'm sorry - this choice was clear as day and if you didn't secure a SW, it's your own doing. I'm not defending her as a sub exclusive choice, that's not even a debate - she was, it's over. But even if you didn't want to/couldn't sub, websites had her for preorder for months at as little as $59. And if she wasn't "worth" that to you, then she wasn't.

There was ample notice and opportunity to get her. And she is readily available now for $65-75 on eBay, if you actually watch the sales. On May 17th one went for $50 - with free shipping! Yes, people have BIN priced higher, but look at completed listings - she goes for lower prices all the time. Watch them for a week and see. If she's not worth that to you, or you cannot afford it - well, I really am sorry, but - so is the way of collecting. I collect Catwoman stuff, and with the new movie, there are tons of little sculptures and such that are from $80-250 - no way I can afford those, so I have to skip most of them. It's just how collecting goes. In the case of SW, if you are waiting until now to buy her - then you have missed ample opportunity, and need to bite the bullet or just live without her.
    Last edited by EtherianChronicles; May 24, 2012 at 02:53am.

I was appaled that they made her the exclusive, even though I always get a sub. Heck yeah they should do a variant.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Let's hear your voice! Are you all subscribers and/or full of money?
    Please don't say no just because you are so lucky to already have Shadow Weaver!
    Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive was a crime, a slap in the face of every fan, Shadow Weaver is an A character not just a variant for completists. Every MOTUC fan should have it.
    So let's do a Shadow Weaver Ladybird variant, inspired by this book:
    http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/med...gic_Mirror.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...04-05_full.jpg
    And now the differences:
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7...adowweaver.jpg
    Accessories included with the regular Shadow Weaver: magic book, wand and figure stand
    Accessories included with the Ladybird Shadow Weaver: wand
    Let me save you the trouble Joey. Scott has been asked about reissuing Shadow Weaver for those who didn't have a sub, his reply was Shadow weaver was the 2012 exclusive figure we don't reissue the club exclusives and we won't be doing any varients of her.
    Scott has said Light Spinner could be made but no Shadow Weaver.
    Last edited by mjw41; May 24, 2012 at 03:36am.

voted no, because I dont want to have to have another shadow weaver.

Mind you how cool would it be if they did re-release her with a "Light Spinner" head. But nope, I dont want to have to have 2, and if they did another, I would.

Sorry but I cannot have sympathy for anyone who doesnt have one, because that is entirely the reason I got a sub. And you can buy one on ebay. Had two chances to get one already, and decided not to. Not Mattel's fault. So we dont "need" another one.