View Poll Results: Do you want a Shadow Weaver variant?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    103 50.99%
  • No

    99 49.01%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 136

Thread: Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    actually, there is a precedent. the ecto1 club exclusive figure was 6" marshmellow mess ray stantz. there are other 6" ray stantz figures (3 in fact).

    still, i don't think it's fair to say "this is the only way you will get shadow weaver" and then release shadow weaver with a different deco or paint.

    i have no problem with them releasing light spinner, but not with an extra shadow weaver head.

    also, lol "lucky few". as if buying a sub or buying/trading SW on the secondary market somehow involves being lucky.



    eta: the reason i don't have a problem with light spinner is because that's almost different character - like keldor.
    Last edited by EldestSon; May 29, 2012 at 04:22pm.

  2. #52
    Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,157
    A Light Spinner variant with Styrax would be cool...

  3. #53
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    The big difference between Shadow Weaver and all the characters you just mentioned is that Shadow Weaver was a sub exclusive.

    When Mattel releases a slightly different variant of Wun-Dar or Preternia Disguise He-Man, then you're statements may have credibility. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    PD He-Man, dressed in a hood and robe....Looks like He-Man but has a robe on with a hood....But we have what 5 He-Man figures now? Point here is PD He-Man IS a sub exclusive, Mattel chose to do a He-Man as an exclusive, knowing they already had the original, and more in the works as variants. PD He-Man's variant is He-Man, or should I say TP He-Man....or the other way around, not a good example of the whole SW thing there....I don't care how you look at it, He-Man is He-Man no matter what he is wearing, and right now I can get PD He-Man at BBTS cheap. Wun-Dar virtually is He-Man, just like Faker, exact same mold, just different armor. Wun-Dar, and PD He-Man are figures many can live without, but Shadow Weaver is a must for many collectors who unlike myself had to have her, I...did not, and would have been just fine if I had not gotten one, just like Wun-Dar & PD He-Man, I can really live without them.

    Shadow Weaver, is a core character in the vintage She-Ra cartoon and storyline, a must have for POP fans, and others....Wun-Dar or PD He-Man are not.

    And sorry, but my statement does have credibility. Just remember my point which was that it could realistically happen, without reducing the exclusivity of the original, it could be done, and has been done, by many lines, I personally don't care if you think Mattel will never do it, that was never my point, or my care.



    Point again....Mattel could do it very reasonably without damaging the original SW's exclusivity....yes it can be done....I really don't care if it gets done or not, I have Shadow Weaver, but I don't care if I do or not, she just is not that important to me. Neither is a Light Spinner or a SW variant, but to many it is....therefore I said a possibility Mattel could do...I don't care if it ever becomes a reality or not.

    You can argue your point forever while missing mine, so whatever, I said my piece on it, this is my opinion, and I am well entitled to it.



    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    actually, there is a precedent. the ecto1 club exclusive figure was 6" marshmellow mess ray stantz. there are other 6" ray stantz figures (3 in fact).
    What about the Slimed Peter?

    And as I said above, Transformers does this all the time with Takara and Hasbro, Takara will get the version first, then a few years later Hasbro releases one. It was like 3 years before Hasbro released Thundercracker in Classics, long after the Henkei version was $75 or more everywhere, because it was a Japanese market exclusive....available to everyone, but ridiculous in price, but Hasbro put out the Classics version, and it was $11 on HTS. Astrotrain was released as a TFCC exclusive, yet a whole new Astrotrain was released in Classics, Runabout and Runamuck are TFCC exclusives, yet a few years from now, they will likely have new molds and be released in Classics.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 29, 2012 at 09:01pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  4. #54
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    PD He-Man, dressed in a hood and robe....Looks like He-Man but has a robe on with a hood....But we have what 5 He-Man figures now? Point here is PD He-Man IS a sub exclusive, Mattel chose to do a He-Man as an exclusive, knowing they already had the original, and more in the works as variants. PD He-Man's variant is He-Man, or should I say TP He-Man....or the other way around, not a good example of the whole SW thing there....I don't care how you look at it, He-Man is He-Man no matter what he is wearing, and right now I can get PD He-Man at BBTS cheap. Wun-Dar virtually is He-Man, just like Faker, exact same mold, just different armor. Wun-Dar, and PD He-Man are figures many can live without, but Shadow Weaver is a must for many collectors who unlike myself had to have her, I...did not, and would have been just fine if I had not gotten one, just like Wun-Dar & PD He-Man, I can really live without them.

    Shadow Weaver, is a core character in the vintage She-Ra cartoon and storyline, a must have for POP fans, and others....Wun-Dar or PD He-Man are not.
    It doesn't matter that PD He-Man is a variant of He-Man and Wun-Dar is essentially a repaint. The fact of the matter is that they were sub exclusives, just like Shadow Weaver. That is what makes it a good example. It also doesn't matter that Shadow Weaver is a more wanted figure than PD He-Man or Wun-Dar. What does any of that have to do with Mattel going back on their word and re-releasing a sub exclusive or making a "loophole" figure for those who chose not to subscribe?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And sorry, but my statement does have credibility. Just remember my point which was that it could realistically happen, without reducing the exclusivity of the original, it could be done, and has been done, by many lines, I personally don't care if you think Mattel will never do it, that was never my point, or my care.
    I don't think your statement has credibility. You said your point is "that it could realistically happen" regarding a Shadow Weaver variant that is essentially a
    'loophole" for fans to get a true Shadow Weaver. This IS NOT going to happen. Toyguru has already stated that sub exclusives will not be re-released. The only way Shadow Weaver will get a variant is if it is significantly different from the regular Shadow Weaver. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    You can argue your point forever while missing mine, so whatever, I said my piece on it, this is my opinion, and I am well entitled to it.
    I'm not missing any of your points. The thing is none of your points have anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue here is whether or not Mattel will release a Shadow Weaver variant that is essentially the regular figure. Again, that IS NOT going to happen. The only way Mattel would release a Shadow Weaver variant is if she's drastically different, like Light Spinner or Battleground Shadow Weaver wearing a very different outfit.

    Anyway, at this point it's probably best that we agree to disagree, as our discussion is kind of getting in the way of an actual Shadow Weaver variant discussion. Feel free to post a reply, but if you really want to continue our discussion, feel free to pm me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    actually, there is a precedent. the ecto1 club exclusive figure was 6" marshmellow mess ray stantz. there are other 6" ray stantz figures (3 in fact).
    Still, the exclusive part of the Ecto1 Club exclusive was the "Marshmellow Mess" not Ray Stantz. So it is a bit different and comparable to He-Man and PD He-Man. I agree with your other points though.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  5. #55
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    It doesn't matter that PD He-Man is a variant of He-Man and Wun-Dar is essentially a repaint. The fact of the matter is that they were sub exclusives, just like Shadow Weaver. That is what makes it a good example. It also doesn't matter that Shadow Weaver is a more wanted figure than PD He-Man or Wun-Dar. What does any of that have to do with Mattel going back on their word and re-releasing a sub exclusive or making a "loophole" figure for those who chose not to subscribe?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't think your statement has credibility. You said your point is "that it could realistically happen" regarding a Shadow Weaver variant that is essentially a
    'loophole" for fans to get a true Shadow Weaver. This IS NOT going to happen. Toyguru has already stated that sub exclusives will not be re-released. The only way Shadow Weaver will get a variant is if it is significantly different from the regular Shadow Weaver. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm not missing any of your points. The thing is none of your points have anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue here is whether or not Mattel will release a Shadow Weaver variant that is essentially the regular figure. Again, that IS NOT going to happen. The only way Mattel would release a Shadow Weaver variant is if she's drastically different, like Light Spinner or Battleground Shadow Weaver wearing a very different outfit.

    Anyway, at this point it's probably best that we agree to disagree, as our discussion is kind of getting in the way of an actual Shadow Weaver variant discussion. Feel free to post a reply, but if you really want to continue our discussion, feel free to pm me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Still, the exclusive part of the Ecto1 Club exclusive was the "Marshmellow Mess" not Ray Stantz. So it is a bit different and comparable to He-Man and PD He-Man. I agree with your other points though.
    You can argue your point forever while missing mine, so whatever, I said my piece on it, this is my opinion, and I am well entitled to it.
    What part of this didn't you get? I was done last post.

    And the whole point of this thread is about Shadow Weaver and a variant of her, and my opinion what would or could work, regardless or what Scott said....I get the fact that what I said will probably not happen, and I also said I don't care if it did or not....




    Now...A Light Spinner alone would be a decent variant of her, not sure if I would buy it, as I didn't personally buy SW, because of not caring to get her, but since I do have her so long as LS wasn't another exclusive, and the price of Classics doesn't go too high I would consider it.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 30, 2012 at 12:31am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #56
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    What part of this didn't you get? I was done last post.
    Great!!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  7. #57
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Did Light Spinner ever appear in Filmation or was she just a Comic Book introduction to SW?

    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Great!!!
    I know, right?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 30, 2012 at 12:36am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #58
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,307
    Let's not have a battle of last words.

    I voted for a variant, but I know it isn't likely. I did at least get two Shadow Weavers for below the average going rate.

  9. #59
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Did Light Spinner ever appear in Filmation or was she just a Comic Book introduction to SW?
    Technically she did. I don't recall if she's referred to as Light Spinner but Shadow Weaver does have an "origin" story in FILMation. She along with Castaspella were apprentices of Norwyn. Alas, she gives in to her evil ways and becomes Shadow Weaver with the help of Hordak. I'm a little hazy on the exact details, but I'm sure a fellow POP fan can shed a little more light on the matter.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    614
    Mattel should just re-release the original figure.

    I've paid for a subscription every year that one has been available. Making the exclusives available to people who missed out in no way diminishes my collection. How could it? I'm happy that I've got the figure, and I'd be happy to think other collections had an opportunity to get their hands on what is a brilliant figure.

    I get that some collectors wouldn't be happy with that, and might feel cheated by Mattel.... but it's only a toy range. Exclusives have always been a pain in the rear to collect and I'm all for making it easier for people to get hold of them. Perhaps Mattel should wait a year or two before a re-release just to protect the incentive element of the subscription, as well as to make those collectors who got the figure early feel special. That might be a workable compromise.

    In any event, I voted "yes" in the poll because I think Shadow Weaver is the sort of character who deserves a variant regardless of whether she's re-released or not. I would certainly like to see Light Spinner in plastic.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Mattel should just re-release the original figure.

    I've paid for a subscription every year that one has been available. Making the exclusives available to people who missed out in no way diminishes my collection. How could it? I'm happy that I've got the figure, and I'd be happy to think other collections had an opportunity to get their hands on what is a brilliant figure.

    I get that some collectors wouldn't be happy with that, and might feel cheated by Mattel.... but it's only a toy range. Exclusives have always been a pain in the rear to collect and I'm all for making it easier for people to get hold of them. Perhaps Mattel should wait a year or two before a re-release just to protect the incentive element of the subscription, as well as to make those collectors who got the figure early feel special. That might be a workable compromise.

    In any event, I voted "yes" in the poll because I think Shadow Weaver is the sort of character who deserves a variant regardless of whether she's re-released or not. I would certainly like to see Light Spinner in plastic.
    then what's the incentive to get the sub where you don't know of every figure you are going to get? figures tend to last hours instead of minutes now so it's pretty easy to pick and choose.

    if i knew the sub exclusive would be available down the line, then i would never get the sub. i would instead just wait and avoid things like star sisters.

  12. #62
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    if i knew the sub exclusive would be available down the line, then i would never get the sub.
    Good points. This is precisely why lots of fans are against Shadow Weaver or any sub exclusive being re-released. It has nothing to do with not wanting other fans to get a figure they may want, it's that we don't want Mattel to do something that would surely sabotage future sub sales.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  13. #63
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,736
    I still think she's a varient worthy figure....not for the cost or to add her to my collection without getting a sub (which I didn't even know about till this Feb...) I think Light Spinner is a great character in her own right and could see it as a Marlena/Glenn kinda package. That being said though....what if at the end of the line....the VERY end of the line (hopefully years from now)....the sub exclusive figures were re-released. Would subscribers still feel robbed?

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, OH
    Posts
    712
    I voted "no" for another Shadow Weaver. But, I would like to get a Light Spinner in the MOTUC line.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    614
    Well, my incentive to get the subscription is that I want one of everything and I can't be bothered to be sitting in front of a computer at 5pm (UK time) every 15th of the month. The bonus subscription figure is entirely incidental to me. I buy it as part of the subscription, if there was no sub then I'd buy it anyway. I don't think I'm alone in that view.

    I totally understand that Mattel doesn't want to do anything to jeopardise subscription sales - and it's a shame that we've reached this state of affairs. I'd rather the success of the line wasn't dependent on subscription sales, so Mattel wouldn't feel the need to pressure people into the sub. Of course, there are other ways to get people to sign up to the subscription without an exclusive figure - but that's a different discussion!

  16. #66
    cyber-assassin
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'd be fine with a variant of Shadow Weaver, be it a different color or a Light Spinner. She is for sure an A list character so there is no reason she could not have a variant.

    I personally have no desire to be part of an "elite" or "special" group of Shadow Weaver owners. I didn't subscribe so that I could have her in hopes that she would be more valuable. In no why would I be offended it Mattel made anther version of SW.
    I just didn't subscribe. Otherwise this is pretty much how I feel. And shadow weaver's a must have, so I encourage a re-release or variant or whatever. I've got mine, unless it was super special, I don't need a second. At the same time, it takes away not being able to get certain characters you want. It's not like I'm gonna be hunting a preternia he-man anytime soon.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    302
    I voted no for the sake of the line. As other's have said, it would defeat one of the porpuses for subscribing and could lead to a decline in future subscriptions. If it would have done it or not it's something I wouldn't like Mattel to risk, because I prefer that all of us can have a healthy line for the time to come.

    I'm a Shadow Weaver fan and the horde is my favourite faction, I didn't subscribe for various reasons and having her as an exclusive didn't change a thing for me. I got her on the secondary market because I had to, and for a very good deal, but I already knew that going in.

    For those who started collecting too late and had no chance to get a subscription, that's how it happens sometimes in your life so I think you must see it as a natural thing.

    I don't give a rat's ass for being one of the few that has a Shadow Weaver.
    Last edited by nuno; June 1, 2012 at 06:23am.

  18. #68
    eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobb's End
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    instead of making threads asking for things that are not going to happen, start saving up and get her as soon as possible
    I know that's an impossible thing but let's see how many people are offended by the Shadow Weaver Swindle«, and posting a thread doesn't exclude that I can start saving money. However I'll start saving money when I'll get a job...
    And the difference between your Catwoman and Shadow Weaver is this: for Catwoman there are many options but for Shadow Weaver one and only, and that's just not fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Not having SW is nothing to do with being lucky. Get the sub or miss out. No luck involved.
    I don't know how to call the wonderful situation when you got skills and someone wants you to use them, because they need you. So you get a job and you can afford a subscription or a second seller. Isn't luck? Luck doesn't exist! It's a combination of a really good things but I don't know how to call it!

    Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    I voted no for the sake of the line. As other's have said, it would defeat one of the porpuses for subscribing and could lead to a decline in future subscriptions.
    But if Mattel will change the way to boost the subscriptions, the decline will never happen! If Mattel will give a discount on the total it will be better!
    Subscribers: happy, because they saved money
    Nonsubscribers: happy, because they don't have to hunt an exclusive figure
    Second sellers: sad, because they can't earn more than 20 bucks on a figure

    Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    I honestly think the majority of fans would benefit.
    That's why I started this thread, I have the same idea but is it true? Let's see the poll!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've paid for a subscription every year that one has been available. Making the exclusives available to people who missed out in no way diminishes my collection. How could it? I'm happy that I've got the figure, and I'd be happy to think other collections had an opportunity to get their hands on what is a brilliant figure.
    STANDING OVATION! You got the point!

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't care how you look at it, He-Man is He-Man no matter what he is wearing, and right now I can get PD He-Man at BBTS cheap. Wun-Dar virtually is He-Man, just like Faker, exact same mold, just different armor. Wun-Dar, and PD He-Man are figures many can live without, but Shadow Weaver is a must for many collectors who unlike myself had to have her, I...did not, and would have been just fine if I had not gotten one, just like Wun-Dar & PD He-Man, I can really live without them.
    Shadow Weaver, is a core character in the vintage She-Ra cartoon and storyline, a must have for POP fans, and others....Wun-Dar or PD He-Man are not.
    Another STANDING OVATION PLEASE! That's the problem! That's why I defined Shadow Weaver as a subexclusive a slap in the face of every MOTUC fans!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

    Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

    Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I know that's an impossible thing but let's see how many people are offended by the Shadow Weaver Swindle«, and posting a thread doesn't exclude that I can start saving money. However I'll start saving money when I'll get a job...
    And the difference between your Catwoman and Shadow Weaver is this: for Catwoman there are many options but for Shadow Weaver one and only, and that's just not fair.
    You've totally lost me now.

    1) Calling it a "swindle" is patently untrue. A swindle is when someone sells you something and says it's one thing and it's another. This is not the case here. The whole situation has been completely up front since the beginning. Mattel was perfectly up front with the score. You simply did not like the terms. That does not make it a "swindle". You are not a victim here. This wasn't done against you.

    Look, VERY FEW of us wanted her as the sub exclusive, but she was. There were two ways to deal with it - do what you had to do to get her, or go without and move on. It was what it was. It's been almost a year now since we have known. Asking them to reissue her with a repainted belt is not going to happen, and as someone who took responsibility for myself and got the figure I wanted by the means available, I have a hard time with sympathy that a year later you are going on about it.


    2) The reason I brought up Catwoman was this : we can't all have everything we want. We all cannot buy everything we want. We all have to make decisions based on our financial situations. But as much as I hate to use TG's terms - Mattel cannot cater to every fan's finances. (Qualifier: I feel often when TG uses this statement it does not really apply to the situation he uses it in, but here it applies perfectly.) To be honest, I don't think they take unemployment into account - as like most folk (I agree) if you are unemployed, the last thing you should be worried about are plastic action figures.


    3) "It's not fair." That right there just sums it up - and not how you think it does. Life is not fair. Life is full of compromise, decisions, and sacrifices. If you are smart, you deal with it the best you can. "It's not fair" does not apply here, it's "I don't like the distribution of this plastic toy, I want it how I want it and when I want it and if I don't get it that way, it's unfair!" If you are unemployed, and the most unfair thing in your life is a plastic toy you cannot have, then you are one lucky, lucky guy.

    You know what I just did tonight? There are 3 Catwoman statues coming out this summer for the new movie. I looked deeper into them, and two of them I'd like but there was one in particular that I just loved. It's also the most expensive one. There really is no way I could justify just charging that up. But...I was creative. I found a seller who would let me pre-order with a deposit (I'd rather pay a little now and the rest later, so I have a smaller bill later). And then I found some extra items I had packed away that the seller wanted, so I'm getting her for half-price.

    That's how you deal with a situation like this. You do what you have to do if you really want the item. Or you learn that part of being an adult is that you cannot always have all the things you want. I have been unemployed before, too - but you are acting like she costs $700, not $70. If you truly cannot save $70 up to get her, if your situation is that drastic - then you've got bigger fish to fry right now.

    Basically, what you are saying is that because you don't have a job, the line should cater to your budget. And because they do not, it's 'not fair'. Everyone else who jumped through hoops to get her should just not care that we paid large amounts of money or joined a sub for what we were told was a one-time exclusive and the only chance to get her, just because you are unemployed and cannot afford her and waited until now.

    Sorry, guy - that's just not how the world works.

  20. #70
    eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobb's End
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Calling it a "swindle" is patently untrue.
    From the dictionary, To swindle: to cheat or defraud of money
    They defrauded money from the subscribers with a blackmail: Do you want Shadow Weaver? You have to subscribe!
    They defrauded money from the non subscribers: do you want a Shadow Weaver? You got to pay 70 bucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    You are not a victim here. This wasn't done against you.
    I think that we are the victims, the victims of a blackmail, the victims of a bad managing.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Asking them to reissue her with a repainted belt is not going to happen
    As I said I know that's an impossible thing but let's see how many people are offended.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Mattel cannot cater to every fan's finances.
    When they'll sell Granamyr at 150 bucks I'll not cry about swindle or somethin' like that because that's the price, you have to accept it or live without it!
    But Shadow Weaver is a 22$ figure... ops... no! It's not a 22$ figure! It doesn't have legs and it comes with only 2 poor accessories, it's a 18$ figure and 60$ plus shipment isn't fair. It's at 60 bucks not for its actual value but because it's rare and it's rare because Mattel was wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Life is not fair. Life is full of compromise, decisions, and sacrifices.
    Oh please no, don't start with this... Are you talkin' about life on a toy forum? It's like startin' to talk about first world problems...
    Of course life is not fair, but we can't just bow on our knees and waitin' the decisions of kings and queens, if something it's wrong we have to scream and shout! Of course Shadow Weaver isn't the major world problem, but I ain't talkin' about world problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Sorry, guy - that's just not how the world works.
    If we want, we can change it! Who dares wins! UNITED WE STANDS, DIVIDED WE FALL!

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Everyone else who jumped through hoops to get her should just not care that we paid large amounts of money or joined a sub for what we were told was a one-time exclusive
    Why they did "The Original" burst? Because a first edition figure got more value! A King Grayskull 1.0 got more value than 2.0!
    An original Shadow Weaver will have more value than a Light Spinner that can be turned in Shadow Weaver!
    And as I said if I was a subscriber I would voted yes for this variant because, again and again, UNITED WE STANDS, DIVIDED WE FALL.
    And I'm not the only one, read the quote from Neil post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've paid for a subscription every year that one has been available. Making the exclusives available to people who missed out in no way diminishes my collection. How could it? I'm happy that I've got the figure, and I'd be happy to think other collections had an opportunity to get their hands on what is a brilliant figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    You know what I just did tonight? There are 3 Catwoman statues coming out this summer for the new movie. I looked deeper into them, and two of them I'd like but there was one in particular that I just loved. It's also the most expensive one. There really is no way I could justify just charging that up. But...I was creative. I found a seller who would let me pre-order with a deposit (I'd rather pay a little now and the rest later, so I have a smaller bill later). And then I found some extra items I had packed away that the seller wanted, so I'm getting her for half-price.
    WOW! That's great!

    And now for the personal quotes, I want to assure that I didn't started this thread as "I have a problem" but as "Many of us have a problem", but you've talked about me... so let's talk about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    If you are unemployed, and the most unfair thing in your life is a plastic toy you cannot have, then you are one lucky, lucky guy.
    If only it were true but it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    because you don't have a job, the line should cater to your budget.
    I didn't say that, maybe I wasn't clear, but as I said before, Shadow Weaver isn't a 60/70 bucks plus shipment figure, it's a 18/22 figure so it's not fair, Granamyr is 150$ figure, I can't afford it, I'll live without it. Again it's not "my" problem", it's a problem of many of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    If your situation is that drastic - then you've got bigger fish to fry right now.
    Yes, of course I have bigger fish to fry but that doesn't mean that I can't see the problems in the smaller ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    the last thing you should be worried about are plastic action figures.
    Actually I didn't write here a list of my priorities so you don't know how much I'm worried about useless pieces of plastic.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 3, 2012 at 07:04am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

    Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

    Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    From the dictionary, To swindle: to cheat or defraud of money
    They defrauded money from the subscribers with a blackmail: Do you want Shadow Weaver? You have to subscribe!
    They defrauded money from the non subscribers: do you want a Shadow Weaver? You got to pay 70 bucks!.
    No Offense man but thats a bit of a stretch.

    Defraud means to illegally obtain money through deception. Mattel did neither in Shadow Weaver sale.

    Its simple supply and demand, they offer a trade for the money, you either feel product warrents the money and pay it or its not.

    seems to me your upset a figure you want was part of a package you didn't think warrented the spending of funds. thats more then understandable. i didn't subscribe either but also wanted SW.

    But to say they Defrauded you or others over it is really not the case. even the scalpers aren't defrauding people unless there selling knock offs.

    I however hope you eventually can get her in some way, some day...

  22. #72
    Vintage Vintage Vintage Vlcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley
    Posts
    2,392
    I'd have to say no on the Shadow Weaver variant. I understand both views whether or not she should have been the 2012 sub Exclusive. But she was & people knew she was coming. I think we all knew that the 30th Ann. of the brand was going to be huge including some BIG guns from vintage and the start of at least 1 Filmation(Shadow Weaver) figure for the line. So if your a buyer who doesn't usually buy the sub this was the year to do it. W/o a doubt. I have a sub and figures that I don't want I've been able to sell or trade easily...SS's,TMS & Slush Head.

  23. #73
    Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    290
    I'm very much up in the air here.

    First off, I think it was a beyond douchey move for Mattel to release Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive. I love the idea that if you commit to a year of whatever figures Mattel throws your way, you get something special that is unavailable to those who don't. Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man are great exclusives because while cool, they're not essential figures. Shadow Weaver on the other hand is the characte that's been dangling just out of reach since we watched the original FILMation cartoon, and to make her any harder to finally lay our hands on than needed is just scummy. It never should have been done.

    That being said, it was done. Now we have a lot of fans who subscribed, and took a lot of figures they didn't want just to get her, and a lot more fans who went to eBay and spent two, three, or more times what an average MOTUC figure goes for in order to have her. They did this because they were told that she would NEVER be available ANYWHERE else again. It's a big slap in the face to anyone who bought Weaver for that reason if they release her again, and that's not fair either.

    Under the right circumstances, I would welcome a Shadow Weaver variant. But not a rerelease, relrelease disguised as a variant, or 2.0 disguised as a variant. It would have to be a figure that was very clearly NOT the original Shadow Weaver, no matter how you mixed and matched it's accessories.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

  24. #74
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Under the right circumstances, I would welcome a Shadow Weaver variant. But not a rerelease, relrelease disguised as a variant, or 2.0 disguised as a variant. It would have to be a figure that was very clearly NOT the original Shadow Weaver, no matter how you mixed and matched it's accessories.
    I agree completely. I would love to get a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant like Light Spinner. However, I also wouldn't want it to be a "loophole" Shadow Weaver figure or as you put it "rerelease disguised as a variant".

    This is why I think this poll is pretty much pointless. The OP thinks people who vote "Yes" want the "loophole" Shadow Weaver, but that simply isn't the case. Some may want that but their are others who want a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant who are also voting yes.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  25. #75
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I agree completely. I would love to get a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant like Light Spinner. However, I also wouldn't want it to be a "loophole" Shadow Weaver figure or as you put it "rerelease disguised as a variant".

    This is why I think this poll is pretty much pointless. The OP thinks people who vote "Yes" want the "loophole" Shadow Weaver, but that simply isn't the case. Some may want that but their are others who want a legitimate Shadow Weaver variant who are also voting yes.
    There are some pretty cool ones in this thread http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...support-thread! that were posted by Thrawn. I think these are more likely/desirable. I mean, they could throw a Shadow Weaver head in with Light Spinner (like the unmasked transformation mini-comic version) but I would actually rather have a legitimate varient.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •