View Poll Results: Do you want a Shadow Weaver variant?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

103 50.99%
  • No

99 49.01%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    As long as there's a difference, I'd be up for them to release another Shadow Weaver to EVERYONE. It was very unfair the way it went down to do that with such an awesome, demanded for decades character. Hell, I wanted to buy a 2nd but I aint dropping a bill on it. Not everyone could afford or house an entire sub for 1 figure.

I think it would be cool if they did a Shadow Weaver a little different from the sub exclusive one. I'd definitely buy it and I'm sure a lot of people that couldnt get the first one would be happy too.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I don't see how it was unfair, everyone got a chance to get a sub. Just sayin
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    I don't see how it was unfair, everyone got a chance to get a sub. Just sayin
    It was unfair of them to make Shadow Weaver (a character who nearly EVERYONE on here wanted in figure form for 25 or so years) the subscription exclusive when not EVERYONE can afford the entire year's worth of stuff.

How can you not see what's unfair about it? I have the subs and the Shadow Weaver but I definitely think it was a *******ish move on Mattels part to do the sub exclusive as such an anticipated character.

They would have sold sooooo many more if it wasn't the sub exclusive. I think that's dumb but maybe it's just me...I dunno.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

It's not that lots of people couldn't afford the subscription. I read the postings and it was the same crap as every year " If you tell us the entire years linup in advance i'll sub otherwise i'm not buying one" Sorry but no one is entitled to know the entire years linup in advance, so those who were on the fence and chose not to sub lost out.

Mattel ran the sub for a month unlike the usual two weeks they normally do it so again anyone who chose not to sub lost out. Shadow weaver was a subscription EXCLUSIVE to those who bought the sub. Making a varient for the people who want her but didn't want the sub is a slap in the face to subscribers who were told by Scott She wouldn't be reissued as shadow weaver even a repaint.
    No Mattel won't make a Shadow weaver varient so enjoy light spinner when and if Mattel makes her minus the extra shadow weaver head.
    Last edited by mjw41; June 4, 2012 at 08:15pm.

You do realize that no matter what figure they make the sub-exclusive someone will think it's "unfair".

I just did a search on eBay an there are 80 Shadow Weaver auctions currently running right this instant. Yes they're expensive but if you want one bad enough you can get one.

I can't wait to see what type of poll Joey starts about Granamyr and how unfair it is Granamyr is so expensive because he may not be able to afford one. All he's done through out this entire thread is complain.

I feel bad he is out of work as I have been there myself, but I wouldn't be collecting a toyline where the figures are $30.00 a month if I was out of work either. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It's not that lots of people couldn't afford the subscription. I read the postings and it was the same crap as every year " If you tell us the entire years linup in advance i'll sub otherwise i'm not buying one" Sorry but no one is entitled to know the entire years linup in advance, so those who were on the fence and chose not to sub lost out.

Mattel ran the sub for a month unlike the usual two weeks they normally do it so again anyone who chose not to sub lost out. Shadow weaver was a subscription EXCLUSIVE to those who bought the sub. Making a varient for the people who want her but didn't want the sub is a slap in the face to subscribers who were told by Scott She wouldn't be reissued as shadow weaver even a repaint.
    No Mattel won't make a Shadow weaver varient so enjoy light spinner when and if Mattel makes her minus the extra shadow weaver head.
    Many don't buy subs, because many don't want every single figure, and that is something everyone is entitled to, collecting their own way. And why is it not something to be entitled to, knowing everything you're going to be paying for an entire year, how is that something you shouldn't be entitled to? You don't buy a brand new car, and get told about or have access to new options you didn't know you had as the year goes on, that is just stupid, if you're buying something, you should be entitled to know well in advance what exactly you are getting, and those who don't buy subs for that reason, are well entitled to that choice because of that. That being said, I do enjoy the scattered reveals throughout the year, but not knowing what you're getting is a good argument for not subbing up, and yes if I was to spend money on a whole year of these things, I'd certainly want to know what I am getting....I don't buy every figure, I don't want every figure, and I do not want to be stuck with figures I have no use for.

Magazines may be bought without knowing, but you generally know the content every magazine will carry, plus no magazine subscription I know of carries a $500 premium, for only 12 magazine plus a few special editions maybe, here with MOTU you get around 20 some figures you have to pay for regardless if you want them or not, and with magazines you get one a month, and pay around $6 or so a month, no some months you have $100 worth of figures plus shipping, huge difference.

And yes I do believe people have a right within reason to be upset that Shadow Weaver wasn't widely available as a DOS figure, I mean even Orko and Adam were available on many fronts, and Shadow Weaver is just as important a character to POP fans as any main MOTU character is to everyone else. I know the conditions of the line, but I also know I read somewhere, where a sub exclusive figure was never supposed to be a demanded character, or something like that...and that from Scott himself.

It is a right for every collector of MOTUC to refuse to buy the sub, and pick as they choose....a character like Shadow Weaver should have been available as a monthly figure....Light Spinner could have just as easily been the sub figure, and just as many would have still subbed up for her as they did Shadow Weaver.

Like it or not, the sub is for completists, hardcore collectors (those with more disposable cash, but buying every figure, makes you no bigger or better a fan than anyone else) & those who can't be around on sale day to buy the figures.....Pickers buy the characters they feel connected to, and those who to them catch their eye, and it is every fans choice on how to collect. I personally will not buy a figure no matter what line it is that I do not like, I have no attachment to a certain character or I don't like the aesthetics of a certain character, I will not buy it, and that is my prerogative. If I miss out on a figure, I simply miss out on it, there are other characters that can be sub exclusives, and still draw a crowd to the subs without being essential to many collectors.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 4, 2012 at 09:16pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    You do realize that no matter what figure they make the sub-exclusive someone will think it's "unfair".

I just did a search on eBay an there are 80 Shadow Weaver auctions currently running right this instant. Yes they're expensive but if you want one bad enough you can get one.
    I did the same search....only 24 are figures...the rest are books and misc. items. The cheapest figure is 81 bucks and the go up to 256. That being said, I'll never cry about it being fair or unfair....we are talking toys here and luxury items to boot. I make the choice whether or not to pay that and I choose to instead buy 3 or 4 other characters for that price and will wait on her a bit. I just don't see what the problem people have with a very different varient of an A list character being released at some point in time. As I said before, would you be up in arms if the Light Spinner varient came with the unhooded, unmasked comic version of shadow weaver's head (which kinda resembles an angry Adora's head with glowing eyes)? Or even if it was hooded, the outfit is very different (wouldn't have the sleeves and her hands would be flesh colored and no horde belt). Or would you be angry if they made a VERY different battle ground version of her at some point? I agree that Mattel shouldn't cater to the poor or unemployed to sell luxury toys to adult collectors. This is an expensive hobby and is not for everyone. But as a collector you would think this would be a worthy varient slot someday and would be a widely popular option. There are a lot worse varients out there. It wouldn't be a lie either....They said this version wouldn't be rereleased and thus it never should be. But a varient? Wun-dar and PD He-Man WERE varients and they're not gonna stop making He-Man varients. Why is this so different? I guess I'm missing something. I was under the impression we should be supporitive of more characters and expanding the line to exhaustion. I just don't understand some of the snarkyness or attitudes that people on both sides are throwing out.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Many don't buy subs, because many don't want every single figure, and that is something everyone is entitled to, collecting their own way. And why is it not something to be entitled to, knowing everything you're going to be paying for an entire year, how is that something you shouldn't be entitled to? You don't buy a brand new car, and get told about or have access to new options you didn't know you had as the year goes on, that is just stupid, if you're buying something, you should be entitled to know well in advance what exactly you are getting, and those who don't buy subs for that reason, are well entitled to that choice because of that. That being said, I do enjoy the scattered reveals throughout the year, but not knowing what you're getting is a good argument for not subbing up, and yes if I was to spend money on a whole year of these things, I'd certainly want to know what I am getting....I don't buy every figure, I don't want every figure, and I do not want to be stuck with figures I have no use for.

Magazines may be bought without knowing, but you generally know the content every magazine will carry, plus no magazine subscription I know of carries a $500 premium, for only 12 magazine plus a few special editions maybe, here with MOTU you get around 20 some figures you have to pay for regardless if you want them or not, and with magazines you get one a month, and pay around $6 or so a month, no some months you have $100 worth of figures plus shipping, huge difference.

And yes I do believe people have a right within reason to be upset that Shadow Weaver wasn't widely available as a DOS figure, I mean even Orko and Adam were available on many fronts, and Shadow Weaver is just as important a character to POP fans as any main MOTU character is to everyone else. I know the conditions of the line, but I also know I read somewhere, where a sub exclusive figure was never supposed to be a demanded character, or something like that...and that from Scott himself.

It is a right for every collector of MOTUC to refuse to buy the sub, and pick as they choose....a character like Shadow Weaver should have been available as a monthly figure....Light Spinner could have just as easily been the sub figure, and just as many would have still subbed up for her as they did Shadow Weaver.

Like it or not, the sub is for completists, hardcore collectors (those with more disposable cash, but buying every figure, makes you no bigger or better a fan than anyone else) & those who can't be around on sale day to buy the figures.....Pickers buy the characters they feel connected to, and those who to them catch their eye, and it is every fans choice on how to collect. I personally will not buy a figure no matter what line it is that I do not like, I have no attachment to a certain character or I don't like the aesthetics of a certain character, I will not buy it, and that is my prerogative. If I miss out on a figure, I simply miss out on it, there are other characters that can be sub exclusives, and still draw a crowd to the subs without being essential to many collectors.
    your problem is you lump things together. SDCC Items Have the con only exclusive and a matty version availbale on the matty site for sale So stop comparing those items to Subscription only EXCLUSIVE figures that you can only get if you subscribe and they don't get reissued. Wundar didn't get a reissue or variant of his character, PD He-Man didn't get a reissue of his figure or character so what make Shadow Weaver any different?

Like your magazine reference I could counter buy saying in buying the sub most everyone by now pretty much knows how it works and what you will be getting as far as how many figures, Varients and Beast/Multipack slots, You just don't know every character before signing up but Mattel does tell you the first quarters items and the Club Exclusive. I don't know any magazine subscription telling you the entire first quarters news.

your problem is you lump things together. SDCC Items Have the con only exclusive and a matty version availbale on the matty site for sale So stop comparing those items to Subscription only EXCLUSIVE figures that you can only get if you subscribe and they don't get reissued. Wundar didn't get a reissue or variant of his character, PD He-Man didn't get a reissue of his figure or character so what make Shadow Weaver any different?

Like your magazine reference I could counter buy saying in buying the sub most everyone by now pretty much knows how it works and what you will be getting as far as how many figures, Varients and Beast/Multipack slots, You just don't know every character before signing up but Mattel does tell you the first quarters items and the Club Exclusive. I don't know any magazine subscription telling you the entire first quarters news.
    Wundar IS a varient....we don't need varients of varients. PD He-man Is a Varient....same deal. This is an A-list varient worthy character - and no one is really asking for a direct rerelease....we're saying a varient would be a great addition. The magazine reference doesn't make sense to me either cause you don't know what your getting really. Look at magazines like Time where you think your getting controvesial and hard hitting news and end up with fluff issues in the US and the hardcore ones being sent the same month to international subscribers. So you get that with any subscription. But as far as exclusives go, we get it...you want your exclusive and feel intitled to not have it rereleased. Cool deal. Understandable. We just would be interested in a varient and feel intitiled to our ability to request one. That's all.

I only used Orko as an example, that all the main essential characters to whatever factions / sublines, should have been easily accessible...Besides....none of the con exclusives had a re-issue either....but all were / are easily accessible to obtain without a sub. And I never said anything about any figure getting a re-issue, my point of my whole post was that Shadow Weaver should have been a monthly figure, and some other character could have been the sub exclusive....any casual collector could do without PD He-Man, Wun-Dar....blah blah, but many consider Shadow Weaver an essential character....while the others they do not. I was not lumping things together, as you said, I was using examples....read closer next time.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Wundar IS a varient....we don't need varients of varients. PD He-man Is a Varient....same deal. This is an A-list varient worthy character - and no one is really asking for a direct rerelease....we're saying a varient would be a great addition. The magazine reference doesn't make sense to me either cause you don't know what your getting really. Look at magazines like Time where you think your getting controvesial and hard hitting news and end up with fluff issues in the US and the hardcore ones being sent the same month to international subscribers. So you get that with any subscription. But as far as exclusives go, we get it...you want your exclusive and feel intitled to not have it rereleased. Cool deal. Understandable. We just would be interested in a varient and feel intitiled to our ability to request one. That's all.
    Second, I used the magazine example, no you don't know the news content or what the articles are about, but you know what magazine you subscribe to for the whole year will pretty much be the same content throughout....MOTUC has 20+ figures that not everyone wants....will there be articles you don't want to read?....sure, but at least you didn't sign up to spend $500+ for a year of magazines only to get 10 figures you really wanted. Point is you will get things you don't wish to read, but when was the last time a Magazine cost you $500+ like the MOTUC sub, and you'd only want a handful of figures....and many you'd break even or lose money to try to resell....point is, the sub is not for everyone especially how much it is, it's much easier to write off a Magazine subscription if 10 stories out of 12 turn out to be crap....and not have cost you that $500 to get maybe 10 out of say 27 figures, that you may have wanted...so the Magazine example does make sense.

There are other Magazines besides business type magazine you know....Games, Cars, Guns.....yeah....so it's easy to say you will probably get something out of almost every magazine, being the fact if you love cars, you probably won't care which cars are in the magazine.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 5, 2012 at 01:57am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I did the same search....only 24 are figures...the rest are books and misc. items. The cheapest figure is 81 bucks and the go up to 256. That being said, I'll never cry about it being fair or unfair.
    Mmmm I my check i found there to be 25 on offer $47 was cheapest i found and alot more under 81, now with bidding that could increase but if you preform a compeleted listings search you will find alot sell for $60ish buck (i paid 63 recently for mine) one even sold for $40!!!

the one listed at 256 while over priced also includes Wundar and PD He-man and the maps

She can be had fairly cheap (much much cheaper then sub buying anyway) then people make out

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Mmmm I my check i found there to be 25 on offer $47 was cheapest i found and alot more under 81, now with bidding that could increase but if you preform a compeleted listings search you will find alot sell for $60ish buck (i paid 63 recently for mine) one even sold for $40!!!

the one listed at 256 while over priced also includes Wundar and PD He-man and the maps

She can be had fairly cheap (much much cheaper then sub buying anyway) then people make out
    Yeah, I don't know what happend....there's still only showing 24 (one is a 7.99 patch thats in the wrong catagory) and now the lowest is showing 39.99 so somethings goofy.....but the ones at the 30-60 have 4 or 5 days left on most of them so anything can happen. And as I said before, I agree with you and its not about fair or unfair, when it comes to a luxury adult collector line, it is what it is. If you got a deal at 63 bucks and it was worth it to you, awesome. I can wait it out, I'm not in need of one NOW. I paid 11.06 plus shipping for Stratos today. I paid 13.59 plus shipping for PD He-Man last week. There are deals out there. I've waited this long for many of my figures. Doesn't change the fact that all the poll asked is would you want a varient....like a million other polls out there. I don't necessarily believe in the politics behind it (ie. afordablity or unfair that it was sub exclusive) but I still see a strong point to be made about an A-list, varient worthy figure not getting its due. There have been plenty of comments from subscribers that would like a varient too, as long as it's different enough. If you don't want a varient of her, that's fine. The poll has been really tight this whole time. At the end of the day, it just seems like a waisted opportunity to reuse a unique buck and make a nice profit which is all Mattel really cares about when all is said and done. It's a numbers game....more figures and varients, more money. There are ways to do it without alienating subscribers too. I don't think it should be a simple repaint at all...that would be a cheap loophole figure and not cool. But there are plenty of legitimate ways they could do a varient in the future.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I can't wait to see what type of poll Joey starts about Granamyr and how unfair it is Granamyr is so expensive because he may not be able to afford one.
    That's really offensive! Have you read all the thread?
    Have you read the post #70?
    If not, read here, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    When they'll sell Granamyr at 150 bucks I'll not cry about swindle or somethin' like that because that's the price, you have to accept it or live without it!
    But Shadow Weaver is a 22$ figure... ops... no! It's not a 22$ figure! It doesn't have legs and it comes with only 2 poor accessories, it's a 18$ figure and 60$ plus shipment isn't fair. It's at 60 bucks not for its actual value but because it's rare and it's rare because Mattel was wrong!
    All he's done through out this entire thread is complain.
    So? What I should do? Say thanks to Mattel, to Toy Guru and the greedy of the second sellers on ebay?
    There's an injustice and so there will be my complaints, no mercy at all! I'm not here for me, I'm here for everybody that can't complete their collection for a wrong move, united we stands, divided we fall.

I feel bad he is out of work as I have been there myself, but I wouldn't be collecting a toyline where the figures are $30.00 a month if I was out of work either. Just sayin.
    As I said I have little jobs so I can earn some money, but that's not the problem here! And again I'm not talkin' for myself I'm talkin' for all the collectors that can't afford the subscription and the second sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    First off, I think it was a beyond douchey move for Mattel to release Shadow Weaver as a sub exclusive. I love the idea that if you commit to a year of whatever figures Mattel throws your way, you get something special that is unavailable to those who don't. Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man are great exclusives because while cool, they're not essential figures. Shadow Weaver on the other hand is the characte that's been dangling just out of reach since we watched the original FILMation cartoon, and to make her any harder to finally lay our hands on than needed is just scummy. It never should have been done.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    That being said, it was done. Now we have a lot of fans who subscribed, and took a lot of figures they didn't want just to get her, and a lot more fans who went to eBay and spent two, three, or more times what an average MOTUC figure goes for in order to have her. They did this because they were told that she would NEVER be available ANYWHERE else again. It's a big slap in the face to anyone who bought Weaver for that reason if they release her again, and that's not fair either.Under the right circumstances, I would welcome a Shadow Weaver variant. But not a rerelease, relrelease disguised as a variant, or 2.0 disguised as a variant. It would have to be a figure that was very clearly NOT the original Shadow Weaver, no matter how you mixed and matched it's accessories.
    I can't agree!
    Let me explain! When I had a job, I bought an expensive japanese version of a cd to have the exclusive bonus track, some years after the label released a cheap greatest hits with that song! How I reacted? Many people don't have money and time to go on ebay but finally they had that wonderful song and I wasn't damaged at all because I have the original cd, that's pretty rare! So everybody is happy, the collectors because they have the original japanese cd and the other fans are happy because they have the song. It's the same here! The people that can afford the original version of Shadow Weaver can't be damaged by a legitimate variant, as for example, Light Spinner that can turn into Shadow Weaver. As I said also if I had the money, for a subscription or a second seller, I would open this poll because everybody should have this A-list character.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It was unfair of them to make Shadow Weaver (a character who nearly EVERYONE on here wanted in figure form for 25 or so years) the subscription exclusive when not EVERYONE can afford the entire year's worth of stuff.
    How can you not see what's unfair about it? I have the subs and the Shadow Weaver but I definitely think it was a *******ish move on Mattels part to do the sub exclusive as such an anticipated character.
    They would have sold sooooo many more if it wasn't the sub exclusive. I think that's dumb but maybe it's just me...I dunno.
    PERFECT! STANDING OVATION!

STANDING OVATION PART 2!
    That's the problem we're not talkin' about a variant like Snake Man-At-Arms or a character like Fearless Photog! We're talkin' about an A-list character!
    You just can't make it as exclusive! Shadow Weaver as an exclusive is wrong, period.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 10, 2012 at 06:02am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

A Shadow Weaver "Variant" that is sold as a NON-SUB ITEM like KG 2.0 would be cool.
    The whole Swappable parts to make her Light Spinner could be what could make her Special enough for fans who already own the Original SW to get the other one... (and different enough from the ORIGINAL WEAVER)
    Maybe they could add the Fiery right hand from A Loss For Words instead of her wand and book.
    It gives EVERYONE a chance to have this A-List character while Keeping the Original's value.
    Last edited by DO4M; June 9, 2012 at 10:26pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

You're right, if 3 or 4 issues out of 12 in a magazine subscrption aren't out a lot of money...but u can't turn around and make the money back plus a profit on eBay or the org either. You can with these figures. Not trying to criticise and in that post I defended your other comment cause I agreed and thought it was a strong argument. Anyway, buy or don't buy...there's always going to be exclusives and some people are going to complain. I prefer sub characters to be variants like wundar and pdhe-man and if it happens to be an a-luster it shouldn't be excluded from future variants. If the sub exclusive next year is two-bad, modulak, ir Ram-man i guarantee you'll see another thread like this by cherry pickers. I have no problem paying 40 bucks for a character I want, but I also like options and variants. Even if they release a variant of her I'll still hunt down the original until I find her in my price range. But I like the bg figures so far and hope more a-listers get one. that's all.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

just so i understand. if matty says granny is $150, that's acceptable because that's the price they set. but when they set the price of shadow weaver at $20 (was never available for $22 on matty), it's not worth that? it's not worth the price any seller sets for shadow weaver?

huh. cause you said "because that's the price, you have to accept it or live without it". so...which is it? is it unfair what people are charging (and what others are paying) for SW or is it "you have to accept it or live with out it"?

those two sentiments are in direct contrast.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    just so i understand. if matty says granny is $150, that's acceptable because that's the price they set. but when they set the price of shadow weaver at $20 (was never available for $22 on matty), it's not worth that? it's not worth the price any seller sets for shadow weaver?
    huh. cause you said "because that's the price, you have to accept it or live without it". so...which is it? is it unfair what people are charging (and what others are paying) for SW or is it "you have to accept it or live with out it"?
    those two sentiments are in direct contrast.
    Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm sorry.
    Shadow Weaver is worth 20 or 22 dollars but it isn't worth 60 dollars plus shipment (for Europe is 30 or 40 dollars!), why it isn't worth? Because it isn't its actual price, it's at this price because Mattel made a wrong move. And Granamyr isn't an A character! And you will have a choice with it! With Shadow Weaver was just a blackmail, pay all the subscription or die.
    The Matty reissue of some figures, for example Orko, saved many of us from the second sellers on ebay and nobody here on the forum started a thread about the mad prices of Beast Man, first of all because everybody had a choice in 2008 and also because there was a lot of reissues.
    We can't have a reissues or a loophole variant, it wouldn't be fair for people that could afford the subscription or ebay, so we're askin' a legal way to have Shadow Weaver (of course not a 200x Shadow Weaver).
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 10, 2012 at 06:17am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    A Shadow Weaver "Variant" that is sold as a NON-SUB ITEM like KG 2.0 would be cool.
    I hope they make her in the colour we saw at SDCC.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm sorry.
    Shadow Weaver is worth 20 or 22 dollars but it isn't worth 60 dollars plus shipment (for Europe is 30 or 40 dollars!), why it isn't worth? Because it isn't its actual price, it's at this price because Mattel made a wrong move. And Granamyr isn't an A character! And you will have a choice with it! With Shadow Weaver was just a blackmail, pay all the subscription or die.
    The Matty reissue of some figures, for example Orko, saved many of us from the second sellers on ebay and nobody here on the forum started a thread about the mad prices of Beast Man, first of all because everybody had a choice in 2008 and also because there was a lot of reissues.
    We can't have a reissues or a loophole variant, it wouldn't be fair for people that could afford the subscription or ebay, so we're askin' a legal way to have Shadow Weaver (of course not a 200x Shadow Weaver).
    if someone is selling something for X dollars and someone else is paying X dollars than the something in questions must be worth X. that's how it works. especially when it comes to collectibles.

now YOU may not think something is worth X and are not willing to pay X and that's your perogative, but it doesn't change the fact that the current market value is X.

as for orko, i don't think that was a new production run (and this is why i'm starting to hate the term reissue - because it's very misleading), but instead it was left over (possibly customer service) stock that they put back up for sale.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    this is the first year i have got the sub, after being a "cherry picker" i totally understand both sides for me the decision was based on the fact that the sub is actually cheaper and i have a tenuous guarantee of getting all the figures. shadow weaver i completely aggree should not have been an exclusive however she is and that means we cannot get that version ever again.

to use the magazine example (which a few people are looking at wrongly) if i buy a nintendo magazine subscription and it says "new fire mario not availiable in shops sub exclusive" and then 2 weeks later i see the same one with negligble differences that is false advertising.

i am not a fan of regional variants such as store exclusives as many of the stores are not in scotland and as such there is a chance i will never get those figures but for an completley international line that argument is gone.

if they made a shadow weaver variant in black with a red belt similar to toy hordak id be happy. if they made lightspinner without the shadow weaver head id be happy. if the horsemen decided to make a 200x mockup and make a shadow weaver with those details id be happy. but the exact same figure with a different shade of red/pink/maroon now that i would not be happy about
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    this is the first year i have got the sub, after being a "cherry picker" i totally understand both sides for me the decision was based on the fact that the sub is actually cheaper and i have a tenuous guarantee of getting all the figures. shadow weaver i completely aggree should not have been an exclusive however she is and that means we cannot get that version ever again.

to use the magazine example (which a few people are looking at wrongly) if i buy a nintendo magazine subscription and it says "new fire mario not availiable in shops sub exclusive" and then 2 weeks later i see the same one with negligble differences that is false advertising.

i am not a fan of regional variants such as store exclusives as many of the stores are not in scotland and as such there is a chance i will never get those figures but for an completley international line that argument is gone.

if they made a shadow weaver variant in black with a red belt similar to toy hordak id be happy. if they made lightspinner without the shadow weaver head id be happy. if the horsemen decided to make a 200x mockup and make a shadow weaver with those details id be happy. but the exact same figure with a different shade of red/pink/maroon now that i would not be happy about
    I agree with you completely. An exact replica with a slight shading repaing would be way not cool. A Variant that is different enough to be unique like the ones you described.....I think that's what the majority of people are asking for. Taking her off the table completely though like she's not an important enough character would be a shame though. We have BG Teela, BG Evil Lyn, King Grayskull 2.0.....Shadow Weaver is just as important as these characters and would make a very cool BG figure.

She was the reason I signed up for the sub this year so I don't necessarily need another but I voted yes because if it means getting her in the hands of fans that weren't able to obtain one then I'm all for it!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Since people are making comparisons to magazines and/or games...

For many PS3 and XBox360 games, when you pre-order you get retailer exclusive skins (characters). This is a free bonus. Then, a few months after release, the exact same skins go up on PSN and whatever the XBox site is called. However, you have to pay for them. Also, after about a year when the game becomes a huge success, they end up selling a new copy of the game with ALL the extras included for free. This has been done with Mortal Kombat, LittleBigPlanet, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

I see absolutely NO problem in making a variant of Shadow Weaver as long as it's coloured differently and has different accessories (like my pink Light Spinner that can become Shadow Weaver idea). That's a WHOLE lot more fair than what happens in the game and movie world (movies: you buy an expensive version and then they release a better version later on).

Also, it will help get Shadow Weaver some things she SHOULD have come with: shadow coils and her pet bird Styrax!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Since people are making comparisons to magazines and/or games...

For many PS3 and XBox360 games, when you pre-order you get retailer exclusive skins (characters). This is a free bonus. Then, a few months after release, the exact same skins go up on PSN and whatever the XBox site is called. However, you have to pay for them. Also, after about a year when the game becomes a huge success, they end up selling a new copy of the game with ALL the extras included for free. This has been done with Mortal Kombat, LittleBigPlanet, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

I see absolutely NO problem in making a variant of Shadow Weaver as long as it's coloured differently and has different accessories (like my pink Light Spinner that can become Shadow Weaver idea). That's a WHOLE lot more fair than what happens in the game and movie world (movies: you buy an expensive version and then they release a better version later on).

Also, it will help get Shadow Weaver some things she SHOULD have come with: shadow coils and her pet bird Styrax!
    i didn't get my SW for free.