View Poll Results: Do you want a Shadow Weaver variant?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

112 51.38%
  • No

106 48.62%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)

No, for several reasons:

This was the sub incentive for all that committed blindly to buy a year whole of figures\beasts\vehicles, it's only fair for those who subscribed that shadow weaver keeps being exclusive and scarce.

On a personal level, i don't feel the need to have this character in my collection, would be an easy pass if it was a monthly figure.

Not a variant per se. But I think Shadow Weaver should get sold on Matty for those that don't have her rather than shell out a lot of money on other markets. Being scarce can be frustrating. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of kids and parents tearing toy shelves apart back in the mid-80s looking for a Shadow Weaver figure not knowing she was never made back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Not a variant per se. But I think Shadow Weaver should get sold on Matty for those that don't have her rather than shell out a lot of money on other markets. Being scarce can be frustrating. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of kids and parents tearing toy shelves apart back in the mid-80s looking for a Shadow Weaver figure not knowing she was never made back then.
    NO! That was why she was the Club Eternia subscription exclusive. If you wanted her you should have purchased a subscription, otherwise you need to pay secondary market prices to get her. To make her avvailble to everyone makes it a slap in the face to those who subscribed making the sub pass for everyone to get figures. Shadow weaver was exclusive to subscribers and should stay that way.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    I think that she should be offered as a variant, or original.

I do sell toys, but when it comes to this line, I want to get what I want at a reasonable price. I have one, it took a LONG time to get one at a good price.

Everyone should have an opportunity to have her in their collection, along with Teela, Fisto, Horde Troopers and Whiplash.

Make it an exclusive, sell it at conventions - do it.

Well I would like a clear black plastic 'variant' with some greenish wash and some glowing eyes, add that pet of hers and I'm in!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Wow, this is one neck to neck poll.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Wow, this is one neck to neck poll.
    Everybody should have it, not only the people that can afford it. I have it and I think that every MOTUC fan should have it.
    Shadow Weaver, Two-Bad and Clamp Champ as exclusive figures were emotional blackmails and there's no doubt about it.
    I don't know all the reasons of the people that voted "NO", but as you can see from the posts in this thread it seems that they don't care about other MOTUC fans or they believe that unlucky MOTUC fans want something that could damage their priviledges as subscribers.
    I opened this poll because I strongly believe in those values that MOTU teached me in the '80s.
    We are under one flag and we should fight side to side, not against each other, and this attitude sadden me.
    If only the subscribers can have an original Shadow Weaver, let's make a different Shadow Weaver for the unlucky ones!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; January 30, 2014 at 08:23pm.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Everybody should have it, not only the people that can afford it. I have it and I think that every MOTUC fan should have it.
    Shadow Weaver, Two-Bad and Clamp Champ as exclusive figures were emotional blackmails and there's no doubt about it.
    The people that voted "NO" are people that doesn't care about other MOTUC fans or people that believes that unlucky MOTUC fans want something that could damage their priviledges as subscribers.
    I opened this poll because I strongly believe in those values that MOTU teached me in the '80s.
    We are under one flag and we should fight side to side, not against each other.
    If only the subscribers can have an original Shadow Weaver, let's make a different Shadow Weaver for the unlucky ones!
    I'm not trying to start something, man, but I think you're disgracing much of the values the Filmation MOTU stood for in this post.

You just lumped everyone who voted "No" into one group, and assigned them a reason for their choice based on your own assumptions. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but it says 97 people voted against another Shadow Weaver. Did you speak to all of them? If not, do you feel MOTU's values included accusing people of not caring about their peers or fear losing privileges they are entitled to due to others getting something they want? Personally, I don't. Uniting under one flag means accepting people and their opinions. Assigning thoughts and feelings to someone without ever speaking to them encouraged fighting each other. Certain employees of Mattel often make broad spectrum declarations about fan intent based on wild conclusions they draw from unrelated questions. That upsets me greatly, but it's not any better or worse when we as fans do the same thing.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I'm not trying to start something, man, but I think you're disgracing much of the values the Filmation MOTU stood for in this post.

You just lumped everyone who voted "No" into one group, and assigned them a reason for their choice based on your own assumptions. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but it says 97 people voted against another Shadow Weaver. Did you speak to all of them? If not, do you feel MOTU's values included accusing people of not caring about their peers or fear losing privileges they are entitled to due to others getting something they want? Personally, I don't. Uniting under one flag means accepting people and their opinions. Assigning thoughts and feelings to someone without ever speaking to them encouraged fighting each other. Certain employees of Mattel often make broad spectrum declarations about fan intent based on wild conclusions they draw from unrelated questions. That upsets me greatly, but it's not any better or worse when we as fans do the same thing.
    I corrected my post, thank you for the advices, let me know if it's clear now.
    I assumed those two reasons just based on their posts, for example "I already have a SW, I don't need it, so I voted no"... what you think about it? It's not bad or good because who I am to judge it?
    But it's clear that a comment like this one express a lack of empathy toward the other collectors or am I wrong?
    And I repeat, I ain't sayin' that it's bad, it's just sad, as far as I am concerned!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; January 31, 2014 at 04:15am.

Well I think what many are forgetting is the question is a VARIANT so no matter if they did it or not it would not be Shadow Weaver as many would desire; there will have to be alterations...

So with that said I am good if it's a variation but to hope you get maybe a swapped head or something else, this question should be do you want a Shadow weaver 2.0
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    this question should be do you want a Shadow weaver 2.0
    You're right, the question isn't clear, I already said that I made a poll that can be misunderstood.
    I'm sorry.

Guys, it's been six years. Having a Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver won't make MOTUC Shadow Weaver any less rare. It might make her less demanded, but what's the problem? You'll still have something rare in your collection and if you're not planning on selling her, what's the problem?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Guys, it's been six years. Having a Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver won't make MOTUC Shadow Weaver any less rare. It might make her less demanded, but what's the problem? You'll still have something rare in your collection and if you're not planning on selling her, what's the problem?
    Exactly. MattyCollector doesn't even exist anymore so Exlusive Exshmusive! Let everyone have their Shadow Weavers. She could use a Filmation re-do with more accurate colors anyhow.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    voted no, because I dont want to have to have another shadow weaver.

Mind you how cool would it be if they did re-release her with a "Light Spinner" head. But nope, I dont want to have to have 2, and if they did another, I would.

Sorry but I cannot have sympathy for anyone who doesnt have one, because that is entirely the reason I got a sub. And you can buy one on ebay. Had two chances to get one already, and decided not to. Not Mattel's fault. So we dont "need" another one.
    Gonna have to agree. Isnt the point of having these "exclusives figures" a bragging right after all? If everyone and their grandma had one, it wouldnt be special anymore lol. Its part of her alure. Like having a Fisto or Bronze Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Have you read everything?
    Sincerely I'm happy for you but the title of thread is "Shadow Weaver variant (for people that can't afford subscription and second sellers)"
    and I said
    No, I am not certain I did read everything, nor consider the question as intended.

At this point in the line I would be quite happy to have a Light Spinner you could make a Shadow Weaver (different head/hands or what?) or even they reissue a direct exact version of previous Shadow Weaver.

As you put it it's not about what I want, but how/why should we get more for those that are missing her. At this point, yes absolutely make more for those that missed out. Why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark 5cythe View Post
    Gonna have to agree. Isnt the point of having these "exclusives figures" a bragging right after all? If everyone and their grandma had one, it wouldnt be special anymore lol. Its part of her alure. Like having a Fisto or Bronze Grayskull.
    well, see I never cared nor had sympathy with people who wanted "bragging rights". At the time I made that post I think I was more against people who were unwilling to subscribe and being sad that it was so expensive on the secondary market. At the time I believe they could have subbed, sold off all the line except shadow weaver and they money from that years figures could have more than paid for her.

Now it's more about getting this important figure and character into the hands more easily of those that were not really around at the time. I'm totally into that. Anyone who "should" have been "punished" by missing her for not subbing has either gotten one by now, or "suffered" enough. It's Super 7's time now and all old Matty rules should be thrown out.

Widget
    There is a new She Ra cartoon coming out. That means a new Shadow Weaver and Swift Wind