2 1.45%
  • Z-List

1 0.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Mantenna's Importance

Rank Mantenna's Importance

Next up is Mantenna!

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Man I love that original toy! Pure nostalgia driven I admit, but so awesome and creepy. I voted variant worthy because he has so many different looks (classic toy, Filmation, 200x, Staction) and B-List.
    END OF LINE

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Mantenna has a few varied looks between his Vintage figure, Filmation model and Staction, so he could be variant worthy. I guess it all depends on what Mattel and the 4H decide to do. If we get the Staction/Filmation version (The Staction seems to be a more graphic version of the Filmation model, so Mattel could kill two birds with one stone), then Vintage fans might want the original toyline look for Mantenna. But if Mattel makes the Vintage toy, then Filmation and 200X fans would want the staction/Filmation combo as a variant.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A-list but not variant worthy.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

A-list but definitely not variant worthy. I kind of wonder if his bio states that he's still going to be Hordak's punching bag. Wouldn't be surprised if there's still the trap door gag.

If Mattel makes the wrong Mantenna, then we'll be asking for a Mantenna variant.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Mattel makes the wrong Mantenna, then we'll be asking for a Mantenna variant.
    Well, there is only one Mantenna character so Mattel can't make the wrong one. There are different "versions" of him but none of those are wrong either. Just different. So if they make a certain version you don't like, it doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it a version you don't like or don't want.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

B-List and Variant Worthy. Only because the vintage toy didn't actually look like what they were trying to make it look like, while the 200X version had all the exact same details, but with a much better execution. Honestly, I would rather just have an articulated 200X version, but I hope they at least incorporate some 200X design elements in the Classics version. And while I would never buy a MANTENNA in the vintage style, I understand that some people would.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    No varient, and B list. He was never developed enough to give a reason for having one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

A list hordesman. My favourite Hordesman after Modulok. No variant neccessary (that being said before I see the MOTUC version But I trust them)

IN as much as the entire MOTU goes, perhaps only B list.

Dragstor & Mantenna are the only 2 Horde I had as a kid, and while I like Dragstor much more, they both are wants of mine for Classics....That being said, I prefer the Vintage look, but some extras included, like separate legs for one, which I do hope we'd get, and swappable heads.

I kind of don't see a variant for him, depending on which road the 4H take, and being what Classics is, it will most likely be the vintage road.

But regardless, I still have the Vintage figure, and he is one of my last few wanted / needed figures to have a finished childhood collection, even though I chose to omit a few from my modern collection.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I went with A-List.

He's my favorite Hordesmen and was one of my favorite toys as a kid!!

I hope the MOTUC version uses the vintage figure design and gives him four separate legs.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    hope mantenna dosnt have the legs like the vintage figure. that i felt was a mistake and should not be repeated.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I hope Mantenna looks like the staction or at least a Classicized version of the staction..

A list, but not variant worthy.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

B-List and Not Variant Worthy.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I voted B-List as he is not a faction leader, BUT he is VERY important to MOTU and is my MOST WANTED character now that we are getting Mosquitor. I NEED MY MANTENNA!!!!!

Super A list to me. He is essential to the Horde. And since the Horde are my favorite crew of ass-kickers, he's essential to MOTU. I'd even consider variants that show him in different armor and head sculpts.

Obviously my favourite Evil Horde member! A tier and only Vintage toy look with additional head, like they do to Kobra Khan.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Not variant worthy, but rated as an "A" lister. I really feel like he is necessary to complete out the core of the Horde.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Snappy Threader
    Non-Variant A-Lister

I think every vintage figure is an A lister. But I break them down. For Mantenna he is Horde. Now there aren't to many Horde members. But the list could get bigger w/ the likes of Filmation rights & Calix from 200x. To the point.....Mantenna for me is up there w/ Leech & Grizzlor. But I named him a B lister. Yet he's so important to get into the Classics b/c we could use his Stactions look & incorporate the vintage style to it. I hope they find a way for the eyes to be interchangeable so we could swap them out w/ a different one.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    A-List, but I want four individual legs!

Heroic Warrior
    B-list with no variants.

He's probably a C or D lister in the franchise as a whole, but he is an integral part of The Horde. Before I was allowed to have a Catra figure, he did play Hordak's second-in-command.

Probably my most-wanted figure now (or close, at least!). B-List, no variants.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!