Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom MOTUC Character : Ar-Mor

Custom MOTUC Character : Ar-Mor

Ar-Mor
    Cowardly Master of Defense

Bio: Armak Orlo, raised in the palace of eternia as a page. Orlo eventually schemed his way into the ranks of the guardsman seeking personal power, despite being a complete coward. Using underhanded tactics he worked his way up in the ranks of Eternian palace guardsman until one night when Hordak appeared and offered him riches in exchange for the guardsman turning a blind eye whenever Hordak required entry to the Palace, in exchange for the promise of great power once Hordak ruled Eternia.
    The Palace of Eternia was secretly invaded on many occasions by Hordaks forces, and on one such occasion the newborn princess Adora was even kidnapped by Hordak along with his pupil Skeletor. Hordak escaped with the princess, but Skeletor had been captured.
    Armak’s implication in the kidnapping was soon discovered by a guardsman named Duncan. Terrified, Orlo fled in a panic from the palace grounds following the recently freed Skeletor. Once he had caught up with him. Armak begged Skeletor for his protection; who himself had only recently bargained for his own freedom from the Eternian dungeons with information about Hordak; in exchange for his help, Skeletor demanded lifelong servitude.
    Using his magic, Skeletor helped forge an near unbreakable suit of armor from a small supply of Eternium in the armory of snake mountain. Unknown to Armak, Skeletor placed an enchantment upon the suit that ensured his loyalty as long as he wears the armor. Now serving as an enforcer for Skeletor in the Dark lands , and calling himself Ar-Mor, he serves Skeletor by keeping small weak villages in line.

UPDATED:
    Here is how Ar-Mor Currently now looks thanks to fan ideas on weapons I used for him...

Below is images of how he USED to look originally, decided to hide the crappy old ones in a spoiler tag, lol...

Paint's Used
    ===================
    Walmart Acrylic's [all]
    Flat black
    Gloss Black
    White - hair only
    Metallic purple
    Last edited by Replikor; January 18, 2013 at 12:17am.

Nicely done! Great looking custom & awesome story.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Yeah the story is pretty sweet ( cause if I were king I'd guard my children a little too heavy for someone like skeletor or Hordak to get in) nice custom BTW too.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

This is such a nice little master piece I wish I had this, thats how cool it definetly looks thanks for showing it!!!!

This is an AWESOME custom!! I like how Ar-Mor's bio ties in with Skeletor, Hordak and the kidnapping of Adora. What does Ar-Mor look like without the helmet?
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by MannyB175 View Post
    This is an AWESOME custom!! I like how Ar-Mor's bio ties in with Skeletor, Hordak and the kidnapping of Adora. What does Ar-Mor look like without the helmet?
    I actually have a head without the mouth guard attached to the helmet made the same way to show off his face; not pictured yet; that I painted up to be his normal head.
    He basically looks as as shown.
    Ar-Mor being so vain wears a mask to protect his face under it; the black part that you can see inside it; which is designed with a open mouth area... very batman style... an thats about it.
    Last edited by Replikor; May 31, 2012 at 09:57pm.

Asthetically speaking, I find this to be one of the most stunning parts use/paint deco combos that I've seen. But the back story is basically genius. acceptional work. Fantastic.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Great colors, great bio. Nice one!

Great custom! the bio is very interesting and fitting, I definitely like it. As a suggestion I would say that maybe a weapon like a sword or a morningstar will fit better.

nice dude. thats where all the parts went
    Good Traders: Domercon, lemure77, faker II, starbasetoys, pixel dan, son of keldor, amberbratt, jimcem99, brianatarms, coolhandmelo, gofigure, gl28141, leeman, forcehunter, general hawk7, sdilks,

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post
    Great custom! the bio is very interesting and fitting, I definitely like it. As a suggestion I would say that maybe a weapon like a sword or a morningstar will fit better.
    He does already actually, I painted him up a Man-at-arms mace thats painted the same way as his palace guard parts... I just got in such a hurry doin stuff at the time I was about to take my pics that I didnt put it an his extra head in the pics with him.

Update:

With so many commenting that Ar-Mor would look much better with a heavy large weapon instead of a gun an dagger. I decided to go back an do a few paint touch ups and while I was at it I painted a Mekaneck mace to match and added a "non flaming" Draegoman sword... an it looks MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!
    An the Draegoman sword matched PERFECTLY to the eternium purple from Filmation, which was a VERY cool suprise! It actually makes me wonder... is that what his magic sword is forged from? hmm...

Thanks for the ideas guys!!

Updated figure...
    Last edited by Replikor; November 17, 2012 at 04:01pm.

Super-cool character and Bio. He fits in perfectly with the struggle for Eternia. Very creative work!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    amazing job!
    great custom and great bio: thumbs up!

Have you thought about Hordak feet? Since he has the bat motif, I think they would really add a lot to the over-all look.

Snappy Threader
    Looks really cool Rep. I love the colors...

Very nice. The story is pretty tight, the figure is awesome--- when I first saw him I thought instantly "Oh hey, one of Skeletor's high-ranking army guys. Badass." I hope mattel sees him. I'd buy a couple to be skeletor's guards.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

I really dig the methalic tone... Looks awesome. And all the small detais of the armor... Very mOtu looking...
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Very cool looking figure! Great parts combos and paint apps, and the bio is pretty great as well. Awesome job!

Agreed, your figure adaptation is superb. Any chance he will appear on eBay?

Thanks for the kind words and ideas everyone!

Awesome job, it looks great! So did you use acrylic paints that are available at Wal-Mart to paint the entire figure?
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Awesome job, it looks great! So did you use acrylic paints that are available at Wal-Mart to paint the entire figure?

That is the ONLY kind of paint I use;EVER; for all my figures I make in classics. Its cheap as heck to buy, an super easy to use. I will recommend that paint to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    That is the ONLY kind of paint I use;EVER; for all my figures I make in classics. Its cheap as heck to buy, an super easy to use. I will recommend that paint to everyone!
    OK cool. I am making my first ever custom figure and was wondering what kind of paints I should use. Thanks!