Thread: She-Ra - Digital Model

She-Ra - Digital Model

I've been thinking about trying to make some MOTU models for many years, and since I recently started watching She Ra, I thought I'd give it a go.
    And... it's pretty hard..

I was looking at some of the sculpts by sideshow, and while they are excellent (not saying I could have done that),
    I don't really feel they represent the original She-Ra (nor He-Man) or how I grew to know them.

So, the thing here, I'm trying to capture the essence how she looks in the 1985 animation,
    well, at least without altering tooo much.

But, it's really hard to get her likeness in a sculpt, so I'm all open to pointers or input.

(accessories are placeholders)
    nsLBnmQ.jpgZocPQEZ.jpg
    WPQB67j.jpg

Some rough colors, which are temp, but helps a little bit visually.
    hBROwco.jpg

I've been thinking about giving her a bit more muscles than she has in the animation,
    but I still want to keep the silhouette (for the most parts)
    zketvrD.jpg

Not sure how long I'm going to keep at this, maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months.
    But I figured, if I can get the "general" she-look, then it should be fairly simple to make a few of the other characters also (since they all look the same...)

I've been scanning for references to find someone that looks kind'a she-ra ish in real life,
    I'm currently using the following people
    Bar Paly
    pn3RUnu.jpg

Phoebe Tonkin
    miJmydb.jpg

and, I don't know maybe Jessica Lowndes could work as well
    QFmbOCw.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, fantastic effort! Can you tell us what software you used to make this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Wow, fantastic effort! Can you tell us what software you used to make this ?
    Thanks! It's just zbrush for now, but I plan on doing more with it than just a model, so I'm going to pass it back into 3dsmax at some point.

I don't generally work in zbrush (or with characters), so I'm kinda learning as I go here.
    Probably spend a lot more time on simple things than I should.

Far from happy with her features yet, but working on it. It's quite a struggle to nail her likeness.
    Doesn't make it easier that some of her features are changing based on whatever frame I look at, but that's the beauty of 2D animation.

Slowly progressing..
    feel like I haven't really nailed her face yet, though that might be impossible due to the changes based on angle in the animation.

C'est impressionnant! Well done!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)