Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to The Power-Con

Master of New Adventures!

Going to The Power-Con

Just for anyone that hasn't seen the news, I'll be a guest at The Power-Con this September.

I'm really looking forward to meeting orgers.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    WOW!!! thats Awesome....I wish I could go....Maybe NY next year!

would love to meet you, Ive only just started Recollecting NA toys...and Its like reacquainting myself with dear old freinds!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    WOW!!! thats Awesome....I wish I could go....Maybe NY next year!

would love to meet you, Ive only just started Recollecting NA toys...and Its like reacquainting myself with dear old freinds!
    Sorry you won't be there, Staff. But I promise I'll hoist a Guinness to you.

I'll be there with (likely metaphorical) bells on.

I too have recently gotten into the NA line after admittedly dismissing it since its inception. Im really enjoying the collection Ive bulit so far and am looking for a couple of the hard to find figures still. Fill a new NA fan in on your "Master of New Adventures" title and please forgive my "out of the loop-ness."

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'll be there with (likely metaphorical) bells on.
    "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." (Clarence)

Can't wait to meet you! hmmm....now what shall I have you sign????
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Can't wait to meet you! hmmm....now what shall I have you sign????
    I'll have plenty of options there as I'm going to take a table in the vendors' hall -- NA art, photos of The Killer and copies of my extremely steamy bestseller murder mystery/romance novel CAST ON, BET'S OFF, which will make a great Christmas gift stocking stuffer for orgers' wives and girlfriends (hopefully not both ). Fyi, Casper Van Dien (STARSHIP TROOPERS) and Catherine Oxenberg have been signed to play the leads in the television series based on the novel. http://www.stlouisknittersguild.com/CastOnBetsOff.html

Plus we'll all get to hang out together in the bar. (Guinness and a shot of Stoli for me.) I really want to meet and get to know as many fans as possible. It's going to be great!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 6, 2012 at 04:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." (Clarence)
    My all-time favorite movie
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My all-time favorite movie
    Me 2.

Gawd, when the townspeople start streaming in to bring him the money to bail him out of his troubles... Can there be a human being that doesn't start shedding tears during that scene? The richest man in Bedford Falls, indeed.

master of hiphop
    ARGGG.. I'm in Toronto..... come on.. make Power-Con come to Toronto or if it has to be US how about New York.. thats close

Have fun everyone! *walking away, with a sad face"
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    ARGGG.. I'm in Toronto..... come on.. make Power-Con come to Toronto or if it has to be US how about New York.. thats close

Have fun everyone! *walking away, with a sad face"
    You'll be missed.

Toronto's a great city and I have a deep and abiding affection for Canadians and respect for Canada as I'm old enough to remember what you guys did for us during the Iran Hostage Crisis so many years ago. Just so younger orgers will appreciate Canada's incredibly heroic and selfless efforts on America's behalf, here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_caper

I remember I was at Disneyworld in Florida when the news broke about what Canada had done. Immediately after the announcement, Disneyworld played Canada's national anthem over the park's PA system. Aside from the inspiring strains of O CANADA, there wasn't another sound that could be heard. They'd stopped all the rides and every person in the park was standing at attention, many wiping away tears that fell out of gratitude to our Canadian brothers, I being one of them. Afterwards the longest sustained ovation I'd ever heard erupted from the crowd.

O Canada, indeed.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 7, 2012 at 01:51pm.

Hello Mr. Olesker:
    I plan on attending Power-Con for the second year in a row. I had a GREAT time last year meeting others. I look forward to meeting you. Do you take pictures with fans?

Thank you,
    Manny
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by MannyB175 View Post
    Hello Mr. Olesker:
    I plan on attending Power-Con for the second year in a row. I had a GREAT time last year meeting others. I look forward to meeting you. Do you take pictures with fans?

Thank you,
    Manny
    I'm more than happy to take pictures with fans.

See you there, Manny.

San Diego. Mmmmmmmm... Croce's for jazz, Sunday brunch at the Hotel del Coronado amd kicking back and soaking up rays on The Silver Strand. Lucky you.

master of hiphop
    You'll be missed.

Toronto's a great city and I have a deep and abiding affection for Canadians and respect for Canada as I'm old enough to remember what you guys did for us during the Iran Hostage Crisis so many years ago. Just so younger orgers will appreciate Canada's incredibly heroic and selfless efforts on America's behalf, here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_caper

I remember I was at Disneyworld in Florida when the news broke about what Canada had done. Immediately after the announcement, Disneyworld played Canada's national anthem over the park's PA system. Aside from the inspiring strains of O CANADA, there wasn't another sound that could be heard. They'd stopped all the rides and every person in the park was standing at attention, many wiping away tears that fell out of gratitude to our Canadian brothers, I being one of them. Afterwards the longest sustained ovation I'd ever heard erupted from the crowd.

O Canada, indeed.
    I was 2 but i remember my parents talking about this when i was younger! i really think Canada and the US are very much the same. Because i believe the United States of America would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed.

I was 2 but i remember my parents talking about this when i was younger! i really think Canada and the US are very much the same. Because i believe the United States of America would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed.
    As a former USAF helicopter Search & Rescue medic I can tell you that our country and servicemen and servicewomen stand by our brothers and sisters to the North in any and every way we can. That is, after all, the very essence of NORAD.

Our countries have an adamantine bond based upon freedom and liberty for all.

That is awesome! As for San Diego, I'm a native and feel very spoiled living here. Especially with SDCC being here and only a two hour drive to Power-Con. I've been to each location you described except Croces for jazz.

See you in September!
    Manny
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Just for anyone that hasn't seen the news, I'll be a guest at The Power-Con this September.
    We're thrilled you could join us! Looking forward to it good sir!

Bummer that you can't make it this year, but I'll see you in New York in 2013!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

master of hiphop
    As a former USAF helicopter Search & Rescue medic I can tell you that our country and servicemen and servicewomen stand by our brothers and sisters to the North in any and every way we can. That is, after all, the very essence of NORAD.

Our countries have an adamantine bond based upon freedom and liberty for all.
    Well sir.... thank you for your service!!!!!

and i could not agree more!! Freedom and Liberty for all is the utmost essence to a peaceful way of life!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

Thanks Penny,

was good meeting you last year at SDCC.. but yes if power con hits New York.. ... I'm there

Quote Originally Posted by MannyB175 View Post
    That is awesome! As for San Diego, I'm a native and feel very spoiled living here. Especially with SDCC being here and only a two hour drive to Power-Con. I've been to each location you described except Croces for jazz.

See you in September!
    Manny
    Croce's is owned by Jim's widow, Ingrid. It's a combo, side-by-side restaurant/Jazz club. Great food in a wonderful Old Town atmosphere. Afterwards you walk next door to enjoy the Jazz. It's a fabulous evening that I highly recommend.

This is exciting news. I can't wait to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    We're thrilled you could join us! Looking forward to it good sir!

My most sincere heartfelt thanks to Penny for being so gracious as to invite me.

The first Guinness is on me, Penny.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Jack,

It is great to see that you are attending this year!! I remember you showing interest a few years back in a MOTU Con thread I started It will be great to have some NA representation this year!! I attended last year and it was a BLAST!!!

This year is tricky for me. I'm very happy and excited that I have my first born on the way!! The timing is not good though for Power Con She is due September 30th and first born kids are usually a little late. I still worry that with the Con being so close to the due date that I may have to hang back in Iowa "just in case". In any case, I have bought up a Power Package and reserved a hotel room with hopes that I can make it out (fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

In case I cannot make it, one humble request: Please allow your NA panel to be videotaped. I attended almost every panel last year, but it was still great to go back and view some of them that were taped later on!! It is also great for the folks that cannot make it out to LA for the Con, but still want to see the panels over the interweb

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Jack,

It is great to see that you are attending this year!! I remember you showing interest a few years back in a MOTU Con thread I started It will be great to have some NA representation this year!! I attended last year and it was a BLAST!!!

This year is tricky for me. I'm very happy and excited that I have my first born on the way!! The timing is not good though for Power Con She is due September 30th and first born kids are usually a little late. I still worry that with the Con being so close to the due date that I may have to hang back in Iowa "just in case". In any case, I have bought up a Power Package and reserved a hotel room with hopes that I can make it out (fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

In case I cannot make it, one humble request: Please allow your NA panel to be videotaped. I attended almost every panel last year, but it was still great to go back and view some of them that were taped later on!! It is also great for the folks that cannot make it out to LA for the Con, but still want to see the panels over the interweb

Congratulations to you on beginning life's greatest adventure. I'm the father of three angels and I can tell you it's an amazing journey. To score HUGE points with your wife, if she doesn't already have it then run out and get her a copy of THE GIRLFRIENDS' GUIDE TO SURVIVING PREGNANCY by Vikki Iovine. Even though you're more halfway through the pregnancy, there is still tons of info in it that you can use. It will make your wife laugh, cry and will help her along the road. It's fun for the two of you to read it together. After she delivers, get her THE GIRLFRIEND'S GUIDE TO SURVIVING FIRST YEAR OF MOTHERHOOD. As Vikki cautions, however, do not get her the book until after she delivers..

I empathize with your situation regarding The Power-Con. When my Kim was pregnant with our Max, I was 8,000 miles away, in Chennai, India where I was serving a stint as president of an animation studio. It was definitely tense for us as D-day (delivery day) approached. Fortunately I made it back in time.

Since you're going to be first time parents, I'll leave you and your wife with the best line I ever heard about having children: "When you have children, the days are long but the years go by fast." It's so true. The days (and nights) seem endless. But children grow up so quickly. It seems like just last month I was diapering Alex, our oldest. Now, the day after tomorrow, he turns thirteen and I'm teaching him the principles of draw poker and turning him loose on the girls. So hold tight to each and every day and enjoy the most joyous and incredible gift you'll ever receive.

Oh, and as for the NA panel, I'm not sure how it all works since this is the first time I'm attending The Power-Con. I haven't been told anything about what they want me to do at the conventuion yet, though I'll certainly be happy to do whatever they wish. I'm sure videotaping the panel is a decision they will make and whatever they want to do is fine with me.

I am most looking forward to meeting you at Power Con and I do hope you will stop by the collectibles room as my NA toy collection will be there for all to see. And I do hope there is a NA panel. *crosses fingers* Guiness huh? Not my preferred beer but I would gladly buy you one for a chance to sit down and discuss NA in depth.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!