Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to The Power-Con

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I am most looking forward to meeting you at Power Con and I do hope you will stop by the collectibles room as my NA toy collection will be there for all to see. And I do hope there is a NA panel. *crosses fingers* Guiness huh? Not my preferred beer but I would gladly buy you one for a chance to sit down and discuss NA in depth.
    Eager to meet you after all this time, Swift.

Can't wait for Power-Con! See you all there!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Awesome to hear you'll be attending! Can't wait to meet you, and hope you don't mind signing some M.A.S.K stuff!!!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Jill (my wife) and I will be there, just filling out the paperwork for a vendor table
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    It's going to be great to meet you at Power-Con, Jack!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. My apologies for not responding sooner to posts. Please see my new thread in the Other Discussions forum.

Best,

Jack

Widget
    A born Californian here. And I wish I could return for Power-Con this year. Money sadly can't allow it. I dealt with some transportation issues when my mother's health just recently failed her. She has recovered thankfully. But the Power-Con money I had saved took a drastic hit. I am dearly hoping to make it to my first Con hopefully next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam26 View Post
    A born Californian here. And I wish I could return for Power-Con this year. Money sadly can't allow it. I dealt with some transportation issues when my mother's health just recently failed her. She has recovered thankfully. But the Power-Con money I had saved took a drastic hit. I am dearly hoping to make it to my first Con hopefully next year.
    And I'll hope to see you there, Prince.

Be aware that my family will offer prayers tomorrow morning before our breakfast for your mother's continuing recovery.

Widget
    Jack,

Thank you so much for the prayers you and yours have offered for my mother. That is very kind and generous of you. It saddens me that I am unable to attend the Con this year. I had money all set up for a Gooble pass, but it depleted real quick with commuting back and forth and other things in this situation. She had a minor heart attack. But she had to have 3 stents put in for the arteries they had to unclog.

It was my mom that helped me get into NA after I had started really becoming a fan of both the He-Man and She-Ra properties. I wore out my VHS copy of Secret of the Sword, and we had recorded the 5 episodes of NA on vhs which in time also got wore out. I had hoped I could go this year and represent us both. But fate it seems hath kicked me square. So I'm very content with corresponding with other He-Fans and I will be very impatient for the next Con.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam26 View Post
    Jack,

Thank you so much for the prayers you and yours have offered for my mother. That is very kind and generous of you. It saddens me that I am unable to attend the Con this year. I had money all set up for a Gooble pass, but it depleted real quick with commuting back and forth and other things in this situation. She had a minor heart attack. But she had to have 3 stents put in for the arteries they had to unclog.

It was my mom that helped me get into NA after I had started really becoming a fan of both the He-Man and She-Ra properties. I wore out my VHS copy of Secret of the Sword, and we had recorded the 5 episodes of NA on vhs which in time also got wore out. I had hoped I could go this year and represent us both. But fate it seems hath kicked me square. So I'm very content with corresponding with other He-Fans and I will be very impatient for the next Con.
    Please know that your mother, you and your family continue to be in my and my family's thoughts and prayers. We'll hope for positive news in the near future.

Best,

Jack

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Shame I can't go to the Con.

Jack, your work on shows like NA, Care Bears etc, was a huge part of shaping my childhood and teaching me valuable moral lessons. Not to mention the amazing advice and example you give here on the forums.

Big shame I'll probably never get to meet you

Hope there's a thread on here afterwards where people post their pics with you and describe their experiences in meeting you.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Thank you for this, Killian. Your words truly touch my heart.

I believe that all writers who labor in the children's entertainment industry realize that they have an extraordinary responsibility because of how their work can have an influence upon young and impressionable minds. Like the overwhelming majority of my fellow writers of children's entertainment, I take that responsibity very seriously. It is a particular joy and blessing to be able to play a small part in the shaping of children's minds and to contribute to their positive development. Infusing value-rich, pro-social ways of thinking and being into my work is of paramount importance to me and something I constantly strive to do in my writing, along with making it entertaining. Posts like yours both humble and fill me with joy by helping me to realize I have achieved my goals at times. I'm very grateful for this...and I'm very grateful to you for your kind words.

Best,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Shame I can't go to the Con.

Jack, your work on shows like NA, Care Bears etc, was a huge part of shaping my childhood and teaching me valuable moral lessons. Not to mention the amazing advice and example you give here on the forums.

Big shame I'll probably never get to meet you

Hope there's a thread on here afterwards where people post their pics with you and describe their experiences in meeting you.

We will be there as vendors officially for my store but alas it will be too early for Jack to deliver me my virtual drink for the election

Should be a great time, I await the NA Panel
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Lucky you that the convention is not in mid-November, Mark. You've temporarily saved yourself the cost of a Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We will be there as vendors officially for my store but alas it will be too early for Jack to deliver me my virtual drink for the election

Should be a great time, I await the NA Panel

So how did Power-Con treat you, Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Well he had a party in his suite on Saturday night that we stopped by and saw so I am hoping well

Amazing. Simply amazing. To get to meet and interact with the fans was a memory I'll always cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post