Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around The Net (6/1/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around The Net (6/1/2012)

Hordak.de

1. The mini-comics from vintage, PoP and NA all had the same size, why was the decision made to produce the new comics in a new size?

This was the size that worked the best for the current product. We tried to scale as best we could to the vintage comics, but we know they are not the same.

2. The goddess looks like Teela who is a clone of the Sorceress. Are they related to each other?

No. At least not in Classics cannon.

3. In the mini-comics Procrustus held Eternia together from the inside. In MYP we saw Hordak almost splitting the planet in half. Will there be any connection between these two in the new bios if and when you get to Procrustus?

Keep reading the bios!

4. Clawdeen is a pink female lion with a mane. Will we learn more about in her bio if/when you get to her?

Yes, if we get to her you will learn more in her bio. But nothing to announce now.

5. A question directly from hordak.de’s Miri to Scott:
    As a fanboy it must be really hard to also be the brands manager of this line. One part of you is not allowed to spoil things, while the other part wants to shout it out loud. So, the fanboy inside of you, does he want to tell us something? Come on, I know you want to! That's just between us ;-)

From Toyguru:
    It is "tough" but as a marketing manager I also know that PR value only lasts for so long and if you announce something too early it can either change or loose stream. Always a tough bridge to balance on.
    Infinite Hollywood

1. At the NYTF Toy Guru mentioned that the Mini Masters were being worked on and that you guys were busy figuring out a way to get them out. What's the latest news on the Mini Masters? Many of us were overjoyed to hear that they're closer to becoming a reality.

At this time we are still looking for a home for these. Nothing is ready to announce yet.

2. Have you guys considered making a prop replica of the power sword? Much like the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future lines are getting prop replicas.

We have looked into this but Mattel has a strict no blades policy so we are working on finding the right way to do this. It would be cool.

3. For the Snake-Men army builder set, would it be possible in the future to perhaps do a "mystery variant" set? Meaning, I have seen it mentioned that a possible red/green set and even a rarer blue/purple set would be possible, but could you randomly pack these out, where you would get Snake-Man #1 and Snake-Man #2, but #1 might be green and #2 might be blue ... or another set where #1 would be red, #2 would be black ... (I'm sure some collectors would HATE this, but some would love the hunt)

Legally we can't do chase figures online as that counts as an interstate lottery. But doing variants of this set would be a lot of fun!
    Preternia.com

Regarding price increases next year, I think we were all expecting them … but you used the term “dramatic” to describe them causing people to be concerned that the figures could go up to $30+ dollars next year. I understand you can’t give exact numbers but can you give any clarification on what a dramatic increase might be? Some of the numbers people have been throwing out guessing are downright scary.

We won’t have this info to announce until our fan panel at SDCC.

Is there an ETA yet on the subscription management system?

Ideally before SDCC. We need to work all the bugs out first.

You have said that many Filmation characters will show up in 2013, is Filmation going to be boxing out the concept character slots we have been getting the past few years?

No, Filmation will be in addition to all the other catagories you get.

Is there a faction the MOTUC team really wants to pump out a lot of figures for and make as complete as possible? The past few years it has definitely seemed like the Horde but the Snake Men have gotten some serious love this year.

Ideally in time all of the teams and factions will get complete. It is really just a matter of time.
    MOTULA.foroactivo.net

Correct me if i'm wrong: First there were CosmicWarriors, one by age. then, after He-ro's death and the Sword of He staying on Eternia, the Cosmic Enforcers were formed. Was Kar-Tor a CosmicEnforcer before Zodac Zur?

Kar-tor was never a Cosmic Enforcer.

So far the era that has been changed the most " Storywise" in MOTUC has been the NA.Can you please tell us why such a different take on the original concept? I'm not saying its bad, I just want to know why the change. Thanks in advance

It really came down to streamlining. We had both the NA story and the Horde Empire in outer space so it made sense to simplify it slighty and not set NA in the "future" since this did not change anything that signifigant about the events.

Last year's Comic-Con was great due to the big announcements. What we MOTU fans can expect for this upcoming Comic-Con? Any comment to generate expectations, please?

You will get to see Granamyr in person as well as the first quarter's worth of product for 2013.

We want to know if do you have in mind to release the Elders figures in the current MOTUC story, namely those characters who appear rounding King Grayskull at his moment of death in the 200x series. Obviously we understand they will be Classic-sized, thank you.

This would be a great set of character to do, but we don't want to comment on any unannounced figures at this time.

So far we had very few female characters per year. Are there any plans to release more amount of women figures starting next year?

There will be a variety of females every year. So far 2012 has had Starla, Jewlstar, Tallstar, Shadow Weaver and Frosta.
    MOTUClassics.Com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: It appears collectors that inadvertantly ordered their MOTU Subscription and 30th Anniversary subscriptions with different shipping methods are experiencing the most difficulty with getting their subs combined. Many are having to go through a second round of shipping refunds. Is this something that should be fixed prior to Snake MAA or will the double shipping and refunds continue through the remaining three figures?

Yes, if you ordered your subs with different shipping methods they will not ship together. It was up to customers to order their subs with the same shipping method to have them ship together. If customers call the CS department, they can adjust this for them.

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: To further expand on the Griffin bio, we enjoyed the decision to make them non-indigenous to Eternia. What was in mind that motivated that particular aspect of the bio?

This was an added detail to really play up that not everything happens on Eternia and there is a larger Universe out there in “Masters of the Universe”.
    Kastor's Korner

2012 saw a stripping down of accessories and extras, many of which still do not have homes or a means of getting into the proper figure’s hands (e.g. Spector’s whip, an alternate wand for Frosta, Spikor’s hammer, etc)… is it possible that these missing or unproduced weapons could still see release, either as pack-ins with 2013 figures (which, due to a likely higher price tag may have more tooling budget), or even in a new Weapons Pak, which could feature newly tooled parts alongside repainted gear?

It is possible, but some of the accessories you mention were never sculpted or planned. There were never plans for an extra wand for Frosta or a hammer for Spikor.

Spector is the only Masters figure whose name includes a descriptor in his name: “Mighty.” What makes him mighty? Or is this a title associated with Time Agents such as he?

Fearless Photog.
    Elkkthunder's Toyroom

Do faster sellouts of stronger characters like Stinkor help the line, while NA Slush Head remained longer?

It is always good to see sell outs of figures.

Will strong sales of MOTU exclusives at SDCC do anything to help the line for 2013, or more importantly sub sales?

The sub sales for the 2012 lines are what determined the 2013 line. The sub sales of the 2013 line will determine the 2014 lines. The toy industry works 2 years ahead.

Are all the Digital River changes in place? Will there be any details of any future changes?

No, we are constantly making changes and improvements!
    Mintconditioncustom.com

Dwaine asks: Will there be a pre sale for temple of darkness Sorceress for power con?

No. We are just brining units to the show to sell.

Grayskull asks: When will we hear what the offical price hike on MOTUC figures will be? San Diego Comic Con?

Yes, at our Mattypalooza fan panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.popculturenetwork.com/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.motucfigures.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    The Ultimate She-Ra Guide
    MOTUClassics.com
    www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 4, 2012 at 06:45pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Sorry about the confusion. Here are the replies to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtslaughter

Some interesting answers this time around.

Here's ours:

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Q&A June 1st 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Regarding future Snake Men army packs, I don't care for mystery figures (or even accessories). I'd rather know what I was going to get. I would want a way to guarantee I'd get all of the variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Interesting answer about the interstate lottery, never would have looked at it from that angle

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    then I wonder how/why they had that sale where you bought big "blind" boxes of MOTU GB or DC figures?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    It's interesting that the chase varients of He-Ro (green, purple, red) weren't considered an interstate lottery....

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I'm really curious how it is an interstate lottery. Is it because some colors would be more valuable than others, thus you might get more than you paid for? How is it different than the Matty grab bag?

Don't get me wrong: I'm not pushing for a mystery pack. I'd rather know what colors I'm buying up front.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - why is it OK with He-Ro and the Grab Bags? The fact that they came back with that answer makes me think that either they had already considered it, or read the question, thought it was a good idea, and asked. Although I guess they could have run into this with another toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    No chase figures. It BLOWS MY MIND that there are fans who continue to ask for things like that. You make the completest in me weep bitter tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Well, I guess Mattel has broken the law twice with King Grayskull and He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    http://www.preternia.com/2012/06/01/...y-june-1-2012/

Here is ours. Tried to get some verification on the price increase but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    With Matty's QC, I feel like every month with Matty is an interstate lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Don't forget Moss Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I think that one was okay, because the two versions had separate listings.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I can't believe they are STILL working on the sub management system and are only hoping to get it out before SDCC.

Also, it upsets me that they won't give us any idea about the magnitude of the price increase. They gave us an idea last year before the amount was set in stone. They won't even say "No, it won't be $30." Which either means they are just being insensitive to their customers' concerns, or it might actually be $30 (which I find hard to believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Remember the various Catwoman statues from "The Batman" Catwoman figure? Weren't there like 9 or 10 random variants?
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    For the prop they can make a plastic blade for all we care. Theyve done it before, they can do it again. So long as it looks good we dont need something razor sharp. This is a "adult line" right?

They cant legally do chase figures online? Really.....? What was King Grayskull 1.0?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

To be fair Grayskull and He-Ro were the first two SDCC exclusives ... the rules might have changed since then, or because of them, who knows?

Whoops I see it was reposted. Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; June 1, 2012 at 09:35pm.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    For the prop they can make a plastic blade for all we care. Theyve done it before, they can do it again. So long as it looks good we dont need something razor sharp. This is a "adult line" right?
    I disagree, I actually want a real blade. I prefer they license it out.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I agree...I don't want a cheap plastic play sword. I want a high quality display blade. License it out please! However, my son DOES want a plastic one and if thats the only option, I'd rather that then nothing and will buy two.

I got the impression that Mattel won't make blades of any sort - plastic or no. That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I got the impression that Mattel won't make blades of any sort - plastic or no. That's interesting.
    Mattel did it for 200X and New Adventures. Maybe someone sued and got lucky?

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Maybe they did mean metal blades. I never expected Mattel to actually manufacture metal blades. But saying they don't make plastic metal blades makes no sense...

Naruto Sword - from Mattel

Batman Battle Blade - from Mattel

Kung-Fu Panda Roleplay Swords - from Mattel

I dont know why you people always have to go out of your way to try and make Mattel look so bad??? When they do it so well all by themselves?

"We wont do blades...doopie doopie doo.."

Hell, Mattel is making ninja swords for Dark Knight Rises!

The Blonde Teela Thread

Quote Originally Posted by orbles:3035543
    I dont know why you people always have to go out of your way to try and make Mattel look so bad??? When they do it so well all by themselves?

I couldn't agree more! But we're in need of clarification...I mean it is confusing...the blade thing and the Chase being illegal yet its been done twice...its nothing personal but if your gonna give a stock answer that contradicts what's being done I think as consumers its are job to call them on it. Just my 2 cents.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

With the lottery thing, I can see them finding that out AFTER He-ro and Grayskull, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post

We won't do blades, Hasbro won't make Megatron a gun unless he looks like a Nerf one, or a tiny Derringer wannabee....really with all the safety BS? I played with real Transformers back in the day little 2" chromed missiles, I chewed on the heads of my He-Man figures....I am 35 now, and still very much alive, never choked on my toys, I still have both eyes.

Yet how many Power Swords and other swords do we have in MOTUC alone....they can't make the full size sword with a seriously blunt or even flat edge, or hell make it out of hard plastic, and just have a metal hilt or something....I mean really. I can go to Lowe's and get a Nail Puller / Pry Bar that I can stab someone with or bludgeon them, or even a drywall saw that would be more deadly than a prop MOTU Power Sword.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    With the lottery thing, I can see them finding that out AFTER He-ro and Grayskull, honestly.
    Actually i think those two fall into a different spot because they where both blind boxed, you couldn't see the Figure on grayskull nor could you see the jewel on he-ro.

snake men and other figures would be in an easily opened white box. people could accuse rigging in the mail room.

***Pure example*** Pixel Dan gets one of every colour snake man including ultra rare Cobalt figure, people accuse TG of helping his mate PD, they can't prove they didn't... were with a blind box the could

Could you really imagine if there were chase figures in the line?

Hell, it is almost a chase getting the figures again now due to the quick sellouts. Resellers are selling figures for $50-$60 (well trying to sell) that have already sold out. Isn't there already enough heartache in this line for some fans?

I, for one, am glad there is no chase figures in this line.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Yeah but knowing them, they wont and we get nothing. Id rather them make something with a plastic blade that looks cool (IE : Macys parade sword... wich they still have the mold for!!!!) and hang it on my wall. I dont need to cut things or kill anyone...... yet.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

I definitely agree. That would be terrible, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Could you really imagine if there were chase figures in the line?

Hell, it is almost a chase getting the figures again now due to the quick sellouts. Resellers are selling figures for $50-$60 (well trying to sell) that have already sold out. Isn't there already enough heartache in this line for some fans?

Each to his own ... I enjoyed the chase figures of the 200x line (and as an Aussie I had to resort to Ebay for them all - didn't detract from the enjoyment of the ... chase )

Sometimes (often) I think it would be cool to liven up the collecting experience with MOTUC with a few chase figures.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

You have said that many Filmation characters will show up in 2013, is Filmation going to be boxing out the concept character slots we have been getting the past few years?

No, Filmation will be in addition to all the other catagories you get.

Does that mean there will be a Filmation sub in 2013?

Well, I thought so... but then the WTFWTK answers seemed to say otherwise.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I read that as just count them as their own faction like PoP, NA, 200x, Mini-Comic, etc. just for ease of categorizing

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Warrior
    To me, the only interesting answer this round is the one about the Filmation figures. It seems there will be quite a lot of Filmation characters, which might be a very good news.

Heroic Warrior
    From Toyguru:
    "It is "tough" but as a marketing manager I also know that PR value only lasts for so long and if you announce something too early it can either change or loose stream. Always a tough bridge to balance on."

Yeah, I hate when that happens.