Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Mini-Comics Variant" Prince Adam Thread

The "Mini-Comics Variant" Prince Adam Thread

I've been busy jotting down options for poll I'm wanting to start, and I thought I'd start a thread and open up a discussion first.

I am hoping for a variant PRINCE ADAM from the mini-comics. While I have my own set of criteria for this figure variant, I'm realizing that there are more than several changes they could make.

So, I'd like to know what you are hoping for in this variant. I'm going to start a poll on the org about this, later, and would like your help coming up with suggestions for changes/distinctions. Here's what I've got so far:

Same Adam head, no changes
    Lighter complexion on face
    New haircut mold to match mini-comics/Filmation look
    New Facial expression
    Blue tunic vest Only
    Interchangeable blue or red vests (same style as red)
    Legs w/ colored tights
    Legs w/out colored tights
    White Shirt
    No white shirt (vest only)
    Lighter complexion
    Same tanned complexion as MOTUC Adam

purple boots
    bright red boots
    brown boots
    purple fur shorts
    bright red fur shorts
    brown fur shorts

Please, feel free to add to this list! I'm wanting to ask our fan community what would make the "IDEAL PRINCE ADAM VARIANT".

Thanks!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 18, 2011 at 05:40pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I've been busy jotting down options for poll I'm wanting to start, and I thought I'd start a thread and open up a discussion first.

I am hoping for a variant PRINCE ADAM from the mini-comics. While I have my own set of criteria for this figure variant, I'm realizing that there are more than several changes they could make.

So, I'd like to know what you are hoping for in this variant. I'm going to start a poll on the org about this, later, and would like your help coming up with suggestions for changes/distinctions. Here's what I've got so far:

Same Adam head, no changes
    New haircut mold to match mini-comics/Filmation look
    New Facial expression
    Blue vest Only
    Interchangeable Vests (blue, red)
    Legs w/ colored tights
    Legs w/out colored tights
    White Shirt
    No white shirt (vest only)
    Lighter complexion
    Same tanned complexion as MOTUC Adam

Please, feel free to add to this list! I'm wanting to ask our fan community what would make the "IDEAL PRINCE ADAM VARIANT".

Thanks!
    I'm definitely all for this variant. However, it might help the discussion flow if there were some images from the mini-comics to accompany the original post. Like others, I'm sure, I'm not that familiar with his mini-comic incarnations. It's been a loooong time since I've read them.

Without seeing other options, I'd definitly go for the blue vest DC Comics Adam. Same heads and skin tone as regular Adam, just repaint his sword a fun new color like red or white and include Cringer as the bonus or Kowl or something since Adam would have zero new tooling. Or put him in a DC versus pack.

I'm struggling to find images to post. I've seen lots of them from time to time, but the main threads about Prince Adam on the index don't have any.

I've been wanting this one since the 80s.

Blue vest with gold cuffs with red squares around the arms.
    No undershirt.
    No leggings.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm sorry but for me the IDEAL Prince Adam variant would be the 200X version. I just think it's much better for the secret identity to be a small young teenager that no one would suspect instead of someone who looks exactly like him only not as tan.

I would however want a better hair sculpt. More like he looked in the comic and cartoon than the figure
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

You're talking about this one, right ?

I'm really hoping the Horsemen will do a long-haired Alcala He-Man some day as well.

Yeah, that's him. I'd love to see him made.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'd love to have that Adam!! It would be a perfect fit and not much, if any, new tooling. (except maybe the vest) I'll take any single carded Adam!!

I'm guessing he'll end up in a TRU 2 pack with Clark Kent
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I'm guessing he'll end up in a TRU 2 pack with Clark Kent
    Super Powers Clark with this is a winner to me!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The ADAM pictured from MASKS OF POWER is exactly the PRINCE ADAM that I want. Sold!

But I have no problem with a 200X ADAM, either. I say make 'em both.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I would prefer a reissue of Adam without Orko, with a red vest that has a sheath.
    I already have Adam, but I would buy another one just for the sheath.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/026_full.jpg

I'm really hoping the Horsemen will do a long-haired Alcala He-Man some day as well.
    Me too, I would LOVE a He-man with that hair and two short bracelets, colored to look like the early mini comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm sorry but for me the IDEAL Prince Adam variant would be the 200X version. I just think it's much better for the secret identity to be a small young teenager that no one would suspect instead of someone who looks exactly like him only not as tan.

I would however want a better hair sculpt. More like he looked in the comic and cartoon than the figure
    I agree as well, my Masters variants should not be like POP with a bunch of fashion choices. If I get an Adam variant it should be 200x younger version. Like BA He-man and Skeletor and Hurricane Hordak, they have a reason for their variants and a bio to match. I know Adam never got a bio, but what would it say, he felt like wearing blue today.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I guess. The vest would take a little new tooling or painting on the shoulders. But this is definitely NOT high on the priority list. They have so many other cool mini-comic characters to do!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

That is definitely the Adam variant I want.

I've thought about a cool option for the bio: it could be Adam after he's gone off to fight Skeletor in the NA... the Adam that IS He-Man, not the Adam that turns into He-Man.

It would be He-Man in his street clothes
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/026_full.jpg

Yes, that's him.... but there are other variants on the look as well. Seems like I've seen pics of Adam looking the same as the vintage figure but with the distinctively different blue vest. I'm wanting this variant of Adam to have a lighter skin tone and a different hair sculpt to differentiate him from He-Man.

UK Prince Adam

Attached Images Attached Images

Jukka, I've never seen that image before! I really like the style!

I'd be down for the Prince Adam variant from Masks Of Power... I actually prefer it to what we have now. I would like to think that they could afford to sculpt him a new vest though, seeing as the sleeves are different, rather than repaint the current vest. And give him that longer shaggy Alfred Alcala hair with a different face sculpt. If they put a bit of effort into it, this could be a really kick-ass quarterly variant figure!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I want the Pre-Filmation Adam too. Which is the same as the one from Masks of Power.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, I'd be up for this version! I'm not sure what kinda unique stuff they could give him to make him worthy of being a single packed figure, though. As it's been said, it would be cool in a two pack with Clark Kent, or maybe they could makea bio for him that makes him a different Adam (though I'm sure they're already going to have to do that for 200X Adam). Whatever they do, I'd be down for it. It's a cool, classic look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yep want him! Give him the 2 Masks of Power and maybe the little dudes and hes sold!
    The bio could explain his outfit with the first sentence of the Minicomic:
    "The Legendary Planet of Eternia holds many secrets and one of Prince Adams hobbies is uncovering the mysteries of ancient ruins."

For that the royal robe is inappropriate and he needs this gear!
    Last edited by JimPansen; April 14, 2011 at 12:35pm.

The only way I'd be interested in this is if it was indeed a way yo give us the Filmation style hair.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.