Thread: Why New Adventures Skeletor MUST be the 2012 Q3 Variant...

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Why New Adventures Skeletor MUST be the 2012 Q3 Variant...

I predict that New Adventures Skeletor is going to be revealed to be the Q3 2012 Variant, either at NYTF next week, or at SDCC depending on how many reveals we get.

My reasons for this are mainly to do with the Mini Comic situation, and the way the story will unfold. The only logical conclusion to the MOTUC powers of Grayskull 3 part mini-comic, is that it leads into the new adventures timeline. The bios state that the heroes follow Skeletor off into space shortly after the 2nd Ultimate battleground (that takes place in Minicomic number 2).

Thunderpunch He-Man will come with issue 1. In the first panel we see Thunderpunch He-Man.

Snake Man at Arms will come with issue 2. Snake Man at arms is presumably featured in issue 2.

Therefore the varaint that comes with issue 3, must feature somewhere in the comic. It can't be dragon blaster skeletor, as he loses his dragon blaster armor in issue 1...and I can't think of any other a-listers who have a variant that will fit into the 3rd part of the storyline.

Based on this, New Adventures Skeletor MUST be the Q3 2012 variant, there can be no other possible figure that contains all the necessary factors to fit in the SKU slot.

Please feel free to add your thoughts, and any other speculations you might have...but I reckon I am right!

Nobody got any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 6, 2012 at 10:53am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd love for NA Skeletor to be the Q3 variant, but I can't really follow your logic. The things you describe in the comics aren't accurate.

Minor Spoilers about the first mini-comic

The 1st issue doesn't feature Thunder Punch He-Man. Snake MAA appears in one panel. No mention is made of Skeletor's Dragon Blaster armor.
    Also, the first part ends before He-Man even meets He-Ro or Grayskull. I seriously doubt the second comic will include He-Man meeting He-Ro, the entire first Ultimate Battleground, returning to the present and also the second ultimate battleground. That seems like a lot of ground to cover in a few pages.

It's possible that the last mini-comic will touch on the Second Ultimate Battleground and feature some NA stuff at the tail end, but I think you're accelerating things a bit.

Again, that's not to say I wouldn't love NA Skeletor, preferably in his Samurai appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    I got most of the info from the recent podcast with Tim Seely, and a lot of it is just reading between the lines.
    Tim was instructed to include ThunderPunch He-Man in at least one panel in the first minicomic (we do see him in the very first panel, if you take a closer look )

newmotualves.jpg

That made me think that they must have a rule, dictating that the figure packaged with the comic must be included in that specific issue of the comic at some point.

The reason why I mentioned the Dragon Blaster Skeletor thing (and subsequently why I don't think Dragon Blaster Skeletor will be the Variant that comes with the fial issue), is because of someting ToyGuru said in the RGD71 podcast thread -

"Unless you are talking about page 3 panel 2. That is not the key. The is Skeletor's damaged and broken Dragon Blaster armor that he is throwing off (he is wearing it on page 2, panel 5. You can see the chain hanging down. Another detail that we didn't have the full panel space to really show off)"

This suggests that the Dragon Armor is destoyed and will not be seen again in the comic, thus eliminating it as a possible variant if my previous suspiscion about each figure needing to appear at least once in the issue they are packaged with.

In terms of the overall storyline spanning 3 issues, the NA stuff would appear right at the very end (probably only in the very last panel) as most of issue 3 would be to do with the 2nd ultimate battleground.

I wouldn't be suprised if I am right in this!!!

(but please don't laugh at me if it turns out I am wrong!!)

If we are getting him He Better Come with GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

So, The 2012 Q3 variant wasn't ready to be revealed at NYTF... That means, based on last years schedule,...it should be revealed at Wondercon 2012 on the 16th-18th March 2012.

It WILL be New Adventures Skeletor folks!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    seeing where the mini comics are going this would be an appropriate time to release n/a skeletor. plus getting another n/a figure to boost the ranks.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

yeah, I expect Dragon BLaster Skeletor.

Ultimately I have no opinion on this. I just dont care. I'll be happy either way. I'm not invested in one over another, though I may want a Dragon Blaster Skeletor a smidge more. But really I have enough "Skeletors" as it is.

But I dont see that it has to be Skeletor as another Variant. Though some Skeletor would make the most sense. It'll be Dragon Blaster Skeletor next, to "go" with the Thunder Punch He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I have to agree with you, Missile-Toe!
    I just realized something this weekend! I know it took me quite a while to see it, but I see it now. Based on the figures that have been released/announced so far, TG is telling us a story almost completely in chronological order. Most of the released characters are of the past or present, and lead into the POG comics and the planned 200x continuity (season 3). If you read the narrative based on the bios (as provided by Uki), you will see that the majority of the story doesn't touch much on what is yet to be revealed - with a few exceptions to appease POP and NA fans. So when TG and company outlined the whole lot of characters and created the bios, it looks like the based it more on when to reveal this part of the story and when not to, instead of which character. As we get closer to the POG comics and what would've been (and, can it be said, now is) season 3, the characters that come into play will be released. So not only are more POP and Horde characters coming because Heroic and Evil Warriors have been exhausted, but also because they will tell the story TG wants us to know. So they have to be coming as we begin moving forward, especially with the release of the comic! And just like the first few years where we had "future" characters sprinkled into the line, we'll have a few "past" characters sprinkled into the line (such as Ram Man and Mekaneck).

Which means that if issue #3 ends with Skeletor becoming NA Skeletor I could see him being the 3rd qt variant. I can see this year continuing to be Heroic/Evil Warriors heavy, and see a POP and Horde heavy line up for next year with some NA characters towards the end of the year. And in between there will be Snake Men filling in the story gaps, as well as characters like Ram Man and Mekaneck.

I also see Clamp Champ coming out before Rio Blast and Extendar - though TG could've decided that Snake-At-Arms and the POG comic tells enough of a story to skip CC and go to RB and Extendar instead.
    So from now on, I will be looking at the story to determine who I think will be revealed during cons and other events. TG has been telling us a story all along, and that's what he's been saying this whole time!

I wonder what kind of impact Filmation rights had on the original "through 2017" line-up. I'm willing to bet that the characters moved are the ones with the weakest "story" bios.

What do you guys think?

I am terrible at speculation, but I'm just gona chime in with: I hope you're right. I'm friggin' GEEKED for NA Skeletor. I just hope they do 'em right. I'm willing to let a lot of stuff go on him, but I hope they find a way to add in all his cybernetics. Really looking forward to his NA staff, most of all.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hmmmm....so the art for issue 2 of the mini comic has been leaked, and from that we can see that...

Snake-Man-At-Arms is not featured anywhere in issue 2, even though the comic is packaged with him

That means my speculation about each character needing to appear in the comic they are released with is incorrect! I still suspect New Adventures Skeletor will make an appearence in the 3rd Mini comic (or failing that, at least some connection to New Adventures charcaters right at the end)...but my belief that New Adventures Skeletor will be the third Quarterly variant for 2012 has taken a hit slightly.... we will still see, probably in a month to 6 weeks, I'm guessing...
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    I still believe you are correct, I have heard a few rumors supporting your assumption, but my record with rumors is about 0 for 5 right now.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I still believe you are correct, I have heard a few rumors supporting your assumption, but my record with rumors is about 0 for 5 right now.
    Yeah, to be honest my record with speculation is about 0 out of 5 also, lol! But hopefully we should see in less than a month!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    are they going in order with the he-man & skeletor variants? so far yes, but that doesn't mean that is the pattern.
    I want to see more n/a & soon.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

It's getting close...... I can feel it!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Can you feel it in your water?

I hope you're right. I wasn't interested in NA at all a year ago. Watched the first few episodes and gave up. I recently tried them again and I'm up to ep. 63 and wishing there were more than 2 left! I'm excited for Slushhead (as you know Missile-Toe) and Optikk is by far one of my favourite existing figures, so I can only welcome more NA characters. NA Skeletor would make a brilliant Q3 variant after unwanted TPHM and unwanted SMAA.

To paraphrase Capt. Picard: "Make it so Mattel"

Given how the original plan for the vintage POG mini-comics was to introduce Preternia, I would be most surprised if the new series led directly into NA. Seems to me there is still so much more flesh on bones needed about Preternia, 1st and 2nd Battlegrounds which the 3 mini-comics must cover before getting into Skeletor catching techno-organic virus.

Of course, I am biased, I detest the cyborg Skeletor/NA concept and even more so desperately desire to get my hands on a MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor - hopefully with an articulated dragon for the first time.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Gosh! I was sure he'd have been officially revealed by now!!!!!!!!! I guess it'll be sometime next week!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Well, I'll be very happy when he is revealed, regardless of when that comes. NA Skeletor is one of my most anticipated figures overall-mostly for his Bio. I can't wait to learn more about the NA era in this canon! I'm betting on the techno-organic virus being involved. (Perhaps ol' Bonehead infects himself to save his own life!).

I'm a big fan of variants, so any of them are great for me. Bring me any flavor of Skeletor you've got: Dragon Blaster, New Adventures, Discs of Doom, Terror Claws, Samurai, Fire, Ice, or bendy snake arms. It's all good.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

from the new QandA from Preternia.com

3. With Toyfare (the magazine) gone, it seems we get reveals a lot more spaced out at shows and conventions. Are there any other avenues being considered for reveals for the line? Possibly something like a subscriber only email to give the subscribers a little early news before the rest of the world gets it?

Reveals that were shown in magazines will likely get moved to Mattycollector.com’s news page going forward. Look for the Sept MOTUC figures to be revealed on Mattycollector.com in May.

-Update-
    If any of you subscribers receive the email in the next week or so, with the September variant reveal, be sure to post in here if it ends up being NA Skeletor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd like to get NA Skeletor this year too. While some fans think that the next variant is Dragon Blaster Skeletor, I think releasing that variant would be too predictable.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

OOOPS!! (lol!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Looks like it isn't, so I'm closing the thread.