Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Way To Pack / Store / Move Figures

Heroic Warrior

Best Way To Pack / Store / Move Figures

Hi guys,
    Getting ready to move and need to store my figures for a bit. Any suggestions on how to store?

Whatever you do, don't stuff them in packing peanuts. Results will be terrifying.

When I was storing my collection, I just used plastic lunch bags and filed each figure vertically in a box. Worked fine enough.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I used heavy duty freezer bags and it worked good...put about 10-15 in a box.

Although I haven't checked them in awhile they are in a climate controlled storage unit so I have faith they will be fine. wow...my figures from count marzo and on have been in storage for over 2 years now....crazy...I can't wait to see them all on a shelf together eventually..

I'd try paper lunch bags. Just drop figures in which their accessories, fold the top down with one or two folds and staple the top. It's cheap and doesn't damage the paint.

I like reinforced plastic bins like the kind they sell to store glass Christmas ornaments. That way they won't get crushed if something is put on top of them or next to them. I layer the figures between soft t-shirts with enough space so that they do not touch each other. (I recommend extra padding for the Goddess.)

Like others have said, a cool and dry place is best.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This works for me:

This is the tubs for Army builders:

And their accessories:

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    He-bro, where did you buy those tubs and the sheet of corrugated plastic? I need to store my collection for awhile and would love to copy your set-up, but am having trouble finding tubs that work well...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    He-bro, where did you buy those tubs and the sheet of corrugated plastic? I need to store my collection for awhile and would love to copy your set-up, but am having trouble finding tubs that work well...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...age-tubs-I-use

Ace hardware

I keep mine MOMC and just place them back in their white mailers in a card board box.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I just get one of the storage containers with the snap on line, put a towel down, and a layer of figures, and just keep layering towel and figure. but i don't have to keep them in there for long. :-)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I just throw them in a plastic container. They aren't going to be in there for more than a few days, a week at most.

Hell, I just threw 90% of my DCU collection into a plastic container even though we aren't moving until Nov. I just put them on top of each other layered throughout the container. They will be fine, as the container is just sitting there, not being shaken or touched.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I just throw them in a plastic container. They aren't going to be in there for more than a few days, a week at most.

Hell, I just threw 90% of my DCU collection into a plastic container even though we aren't moving until Nov. I just put them on top of each other layered throughout the container. They will be fine, as the container is just sitting there, not being shaken or touched.
    I had to pack them up for a few days myself, and did the same - although I put a layer or two of paper towels in between each layer of figures, to keep the accessories together and prevent accidental scraping of one figure to another that could possibly make a paint chip or something.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar

MOTUC Storage Solution

I searched the forum and could not readily find a a topic that addressed this, so I figured I would pose the question until a mod can move it to where it belongs. (sorry mods)

My wife just had a baby and have to pack my loose collection away to make room. I plan on using ziplock bags for the individual figures, shared bags for acccessories, and then long steralite storage containers (the kind you slide under the bed) to store the collection. I plan on stacking figs 2-3 high, seperated rows with bath towels. My question for the .ORG is how do you store your figures and do you have any cautionary tales about anything that DOESN"T work.... Please let me know.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

If I recall correctly you should remove capes and armors when possible. Some weapons can rub paint off on other accessories...(especially the Palace Guard stuff)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Do you think I should store all of the armors and accessories seperately?---Individually bag each apart from the figures and each other?
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

How to store loose MOTUC figures - polypropylene bags?

I have started to look at storage solutions for my ever growing MOTUC and vintage collection and want to find out what others are doing for long term storage.

Polypropylene bags and boxes have been recommended to me because they are acid free.
    Currently I have my figures loose in boxes or in ziplock bags from the supermarket.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    For vintage Zoloworld has sturdy cases for loose figures. For Classics I usually use ziploc bags honestly. Though I did get a few hard plastic cubes for my loose classics. They're about the exact height for classics and for most figures just about the perfect width and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you really have money and want some security, the AFA sells sliding bottom acrylic cases or sliding back I forget which. But that might be overkill.

Here's what I was talking about with the cubes, I don't know why it's sideways though. Please dear God tell me I did this right Mods, I honestly suck at doing this kind of stuff and mean no rule breaking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stinkor's Only Fan; December 23, 2012 at 08:47am.

When I first opened almost all of mine, I used plastic bins, just about the right size of teh standard buck without heads on, and I used smaller Tupperware like storage containers with individual food sections for the different pieces....heads, swords, armor...etc...

But I am going to try something like a tacklebox for the pieces and a larger bin next time for the figures....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Here's a nice alternative via adultcollector

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...22#post2701922
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Here's a nice alternative via adultcollector

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...22#post2701922
    theyre perfect and you can save a lot of space as well as store the figures nicely.
    the only thing (besides links are dying) is that we need a bigger or different versions for figures such as draego man, ram man, beasts (forst to come in my mind)....but theyre sweet and theyre easy to personalize! always loved the cleaning design of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    theyre perfect and you can save a lot of space as well as store the figures nicely.
    the only thing (besides links are dying) is that we need a bigger or different versions for figures such as draego man, ram man, beasts (forst to come in my mind)....but theyre sweet and theyre easy to personalize! always loved the cleaning design of those!
    Just happened to pop on here after a long time away from the board. I'll give the links a look-over and make sure they're all working properly. As for larger versions... that's something I'll need to think about for sure. Thank you for the compliments!

Are those single clamshell cases still for sale anywhere?

Since I opened my stuff, my ZW cases are kind of useless now....I still have a small MOC collection....but I likely won't have almost 40 MOC again like I did at the time. The smaller cases would be cool, but at the time I saw them, it was a long time ago, and I didn't have a use for them then.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 23, 2012 at 03:38pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I have been looking for a storage solution as well. The clamshells in that thread are kind of pricey if you have a large MOTUC collection. What would one look for as a cheaper alternative? I don't even need to display them in the cases. This is more for a medium to long term storage solution.

Ask your local chinese food restaurant to sell you empty food containers. I find they're the perfect size for these chunky figures and they stack easy.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    For vintage Zoloworld has sturdy cases for loose figures. For Classics I usually use ziploc bags honestly. Though I did get a few hard plastic cubes for my loose classics. They're about the exact height for classics and for most figures just about the perfect width and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you really have money and want some security, the AFA sells sliding bottom acrylic cases or sliding back I forget which. But that might be overkill.

Here's what I was talking about with the cubes, I don't know why it's sideways though. Please dear God tell me I did this right Mods, I honestly suck at doing this kind of stuff and mean no rule breaking.
    whered you buy those cube containers?