Thread: Plans for a MOTUC Copperhead

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar

Plans for a MOTUC Copperhead

Since I like the character so much I was planning on customizing a MOTUC version of it.
    And there already are a LOT of parts to use for kitbashing!
    Take a look:

main body - orange/brown Snakeman Guard or Rattlor
    loin cloth, shoulder armor and shins - Chief Carnivus
    harness - Spector
    back/ shell - Clawful
    tail - Whiplash (Rattlor's wouldn't look right)
    And most probably a good amount of tech parts from Trap Jaw, Spector or others.
    I might also use Terror Claw Skeletor's claws once we get the variant.

What do you think? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Greetings,
    DB
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; August 1, 2012 at 06:39am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I was just appreciating Tom's work yesterday. Copperhead was one of the best fan creations on this board, and I'm proud to own one. I can't wait to see how this turns out for you.

I'd give it the Whiplash/Buzz-off/Clawful feet since they look so much bigger on the staction. Maybe two Clawful large claws (one on either hand) modified with apoxy/epoxy to make multiple "fingers". The rest of your parts plan looks great!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Well planned.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

the snake man army builder upper legs would work great . If you plan on sculpting some of it especially great choice of parts so far maybe a modified faceless one for the shoulder pads as well maybe. I think clawful hand heavilly modded 2X is the way to go . I think TC claws may be too small BUT they havent even announced him yet so...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    the snake man army builder upper legs would work great . If you plan on sculpting some of it especially great choice of parts so far maybe a modified faceless one for the shoulder pads as well maybe. I think clawful hand heavilly modded 2X is the way to go . I think TC claws may be too small BUT they havent even announced him yet so...
    Good call on the Faceless One's shoulder pads. Theylook similar aswell.

UPDATE:Just figured out how I'll be creating Copperhead's claws:

What do you think? Recognize all parts?
    The spikes on the back of his "hands" are still missing, and it isn't painted of course.

And here a quick idea on how I'm going to deal with his head:
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; August 1, 2012 at 06:37am.

i like the creativity of the claws, but if you venture away from motuc parts, just use the staction parts instead of 200X parts.

This is a custom that I too was thinking about doing. This is by far my favourite fan created character, he just fits into the snake men perfectly. I'm just hoping to someday get my hands on the staction.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    this one seems to be a very promising project.

where do the claw's parts come from?

for the head: maybe the yellow open mouthed head from the snake men army builder
    could be a fitting alternative? it has that scaled part that covers the neck that seem to
    come to fruition for your purpose.

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    I think this will be great! I look forward to seeing him!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    where do the claw's parts come from?
    As for the claw parts, I think they are all 200x parts. Looks like Battle cats claws and paw armor, plus a dissected Kobra Kahn pistol. At least that's what I think it is....
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I love that you included the shared parts example for the copperhead custom.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Thanks everyone!
    I updated my plan to include even more existing parts and made some changes aswell.
    Kalamarr's hoses are fantastic to replicate the one's of CH. I also decided that Drago-Man's back/tail parts are better than Whiplash's, as the make a nice transition to armour and should be easier to attach. The Hordak/ Draego-Man feet are also the best to use. Sure there's one toe too many, but that'll be part of reimagining him in MOTUC.
    Right now I'm looking for the parts to build my Copperhead. I'll for sure need at least one Chief Carnivus and one Draego-Man to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    for the head: maybe the yellow open mouthed head from the snake men army builder could be a fitting alternative? it has that scaled part that covers the neck that seem to come to fruition for your purpose.
    Good suggestion on the head. I was thinking about this aswell, but for now I'll wait until the first reviews are made, to decide how I'll proceed on the head. So far the regular KK head works pretty good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    i like the creativity of the claws, but if you venture away from motuc parts, just use the staction parts instead of 200X parts.
    Thanks
    In the case of Copperhead the parts would have been WAY too big and detailed though to reuse them on a MOTUC CH.

Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    I think this will be great! I look forward to seeing him!
    As for the claw parts, I think they are all 200x parts. Looks like Battle cats claws and paw armor, plus a dissected Kobra Kahn pistol. At least that's what I think it is....
    And you're absolutely correct! I was looking for parts to use and saw these leftover accessories in my box. Then I noticed how good they'd work as his gauntlets/claws if combined. The original CH staction even had VERY similar snake ornaments on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update!

Got myself a Draego for the tail and feet and tried Clawful's shield (will use the green one from the new WP) as back:

Also a test of different parts:

Since the Snakeman Guard featured a human chest, my CH of course is going to need a Rattlor body. Also parts of Carnivus and Slush head will be added.
    I'm planning to create a unique head for CH by combining parts of Kobra Khan's and a Snakeman Guard's heads.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; August 1, 2012 at 09:25am.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    the wip is really promising: amazing work, sir!

Great WIP! Keep it up!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Now it is time to spraypaint that sucker With black primer

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Now it is time to spraypaint that sucker With black primer
    Not just yet
    Still need a fair amount of parts...

Are you going to do more claws on the hand? Or is that is like a weaponized gauntlet?
    What was will be again.........

Looks fantastic so far, I love your use of existing parts, makes him feel very authentic!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Omnis-Ra View Post
    Are you going to do more claws on the hand? Or is that is like a weaponized gauntlet?
    I suppose the original idea was that his hands were replaced by these enormous bionic claws.
    I'll be staying true to the original concept so three on each hand is the way to go. At first I wanted to make them clip-on weapons, but that didn't work the way I wanted it to. So in the end I went with the claws as the actual hands of the figure. This way the articuklation isn't compromised. The hands still aren't finished yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    Looks fantastic so far, I love your use of existing parts, makes him feel very authentic!
    Thank you!
    Yeah, I wanted to use as many existing parts to really make him feel like he belonged.

Still watching and waiting.

any progress or updates on this project?

I swear, if you guys would be on the matty design team this line would be rolling so much further.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Looking good. I hope we get an update soon.