Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney's Wreck-it Ralph!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    LOL, they even got Kano from Mortal Kombat in there! Totally seeing this.
    I actually don't think that's Kano. I thought the same thing at first because of the eye-plate thing, but he has some kind of weird mechanical arm or something, so I think he's another character altogether.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

new trailer!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for this one.

I know that me and both of my kids are SUPER excited to see this movie when it comes out!!!

Yep, I really like the look of this. All those characters in one film is the stuff of dreams. I saw Sonic. Hope Mario and Luigi pop up.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yep, I really like the look of this. All those characters in one film is the stuff of dreams. I saw Sonic. Hope Mario and Luigi pop up.
    Bowser is in the support group but Disney has confirmed Mario and Luigi themselves will not be, seems Nintendo wanted too much $$$$

honestly though since it's supposed to be arcade video games none of the console guys should be there
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Bowser is in the support group but Disney has confirmed Mario and Luigi themselves will not be, seems Nintendo wanted too much $$$$

honestly though since it's supposed to be arcade video games none of the console guys should be there
    I think it's about video games in general, with the central character(s) happening to be from arcade games. At one point in the trailers Ralph goes into a game called "Hero's Duty" which seems like an obvious spoof on "Call of Duty", which to my knowledge was never a series of arcade games. So that's one example where it's not black and white.

I think it's great that they have a mix of recognizable video game villains in the support group, regardless of whether their games originated in arcades or not. It kind of stinks that Mario and Luigi aren't in it, but I can understand why. And really it's not that big of a deal.
    s

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

There's the bartender from Tapper! Tell me about arcade obscure characters!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Seems like a fun idea. Hopefully it will be good
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Seems like a fun idea. Hopefully it will be good
    I can't imagine it not being good for AT LEAST nostalgia and references sake.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think it's about video games in general, with the central character(s) happening to be from arcade games. At one point in the trailers Ralph goes into a game called "Hero's Duty" which seems like an obvious spoof on "Call of Duty", which to my knowledge was never a series of arcade games. So that's one example where it's not black and white.

I think it's great that they have a mix of recognizable video game villains in the support group, regardless of whether their games originated in arcades or not. It kind of stinks that Mario and Luigi aren't in it, but I can understand why. And really it's not that big of a deal.
    s
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything but why is Zangief in the bad guy support group? He isn't a villain in the Street Fighter series. Only Bison, Balrog, Sagat and Vega are villains. As far as I know.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything but why is Zangief in the bad guy support group? He isn't a villain in the Street Fighter series. Only Bison, Balrog, Sagat and Vega are villains. As far as I know.
    in the Street Fighter 2 V anime he works for Shadoloo.

Fear is faith in failure

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    in the Street Fighter 2 V anime he works for Shadoloo.
    Ah. I was only going by the video game series itself.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Ah. I was only going by the video game series itself.
    in the video game I guess he's a hero to russians, but to the rest he's a villain. I never thought he was a good guy though. maybe more neutral than anything.

Fear is faith in failure

in the video game I guess he's a hero to russians, but to the rest he's a villain. I never thought he was a good guy though. maybe more neutral than anything.
    Hmmm...I always thought of him trying to stop the spread of Shadaloo (evil) to Russia. I don't know. I've always thought of him as a good guy.

Zangief ending by meiyo77

Not sure why he has a picture of Vega on his mirror though...

the video games didn't have the clearest storylines! I always saw it as just proving that russia is still strong like bull.

Fear is faith in failure

the video games didn't have the clearest storylines! I always saw it as just proving that russia is still strong like bull.
    Well, like I said, I've never gotten an "evil" vibe from him in the video games and I'm an expert on villainy. Besides, what self-respecting villain would dance with his president like that?

Well, like I said, I've never gotten an "evil" vibe from him in the video games and I'm an expert on villainy. Besides, what self-respecting villain would dance with his president like that?
    There was dancing in Drag me to hell by the demon posessed guy, and from 'evil' peter parker in spider-man 3. not all villains are self-respecting. I got a bad guy vibe from him, I'm a hero.

Fear is faith in failure

There was dancing in Drag me to hell by the demon posessed guy, and from 'evil' peter parker in spider-man 3. not all villains are self-respecting.
    Those are movies, not video games. Examples...denied!

I got a bad guy vibe from him, I'm a hero.
    Well, you're "good guy" sense is busted, I think. Check this excerpt out, k-man from this link (http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Zangief).

Zangief's personality has varied from one media source to another, but he's mostly been portrayed as a very fearless and tactiful fighter who's prone to quick temperments, and is always very competitive. Zangief is a man who is immensely proud of his physique, and constantly belittles his opponent's smaller musclular build and blaming their losses on their smaller physique. Despite his short temper, Zangief has shown himself to be rather gentle-natured with a good sense of humor at times, once entering a tournament partly to win the admiration of a group of school children. According to the instruction manual of Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition for the Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive, Zangief is described as being "good natured, with a great sense of humor, and totally fearless."

Evil triumphs yet again...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 13, 2012 at 02:47pm.

Those are movies, not video games. Examples...denied!

Well, you're "good guy" sense is busted, I think. Check this excerpt out, k-man from this link (http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Zangief).

Zangief's personality has varied from one media source to another, but he's mostly been portrayed as a very fearless and tactiful fighter who's prone to quick temperments, and is always very competitive. Zangief is a man who is immensely proud of his physique, and constantly belittles his opponent's smaller musclular build and blaming their losses on their smaller physique. Despite his short temper, Zangief has shown himself to be rather gentle-natured with a good sense of humor at times, once entering a tournament partly to win the admiration of a group of school children. According to the instruction manual of Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition for the Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive, Zangief is described as being "good natured, with a great sense of humor, and totally fearless."
    maybe post therapy he reformed. you gotta figure the game played out before the manual was written.
    Plus maybe for him his short temper and bullying ways are villainous enough.
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 13, 2012 at 02:51pm.

Fear is faith in failure

maybe post therapy he reformed. you gotta figure the game played out before the manual was written.
    Plus maybe for him his short temper and bullying ways are villainous enough.
    Now you're just reaching, k-man. Just admit I'm right and you're wrong. Be the hero in this situation. I know you can do it!

Amazing poster. Missing Bowser, though. But fantastic, nonetheless. Who's the Rhino? I know all the characters but him.

I believe he's an enemy on Altered Beast:

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing the second trailer, I want to see it even more (and this is a person who doesn't care for CGI films). I laughed at the Hero's Duty joke that Sarah Silverman did.

I believe he's an enemy on Altered Beast
    Ah, thank you. Must be that. I can't think of where else he could be from.