Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League' Movie In The Works At Warner Bros.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar

Justice League' Movie In The Works At Warner Bros.

With the enormous success of Marvel's superhero crossover "The Avengers," it was only a matter of time before we heard of renewed efforts from DC Comics and Warner Bros. to get their own franchise mashup, "Justice League," off the ground.

So it should come as no surprise that a new report from Variety confirms that Warner Bros. hired "Gangster Squad" writer Will Beall to write the "Justice League" movie sometime last year.

Beall has become the go-to guy for Warner Bros., which recently hired him to write the screenplays for its "Lethal Weapon" reboot and the "Logan's Run" remake, which has director Nicolas Winding Refn and star Ryan Gosling currently attached.

The report from Variety points out that the Beall hire occurred while Marvel was assembling "The Avengers," so the move was more "in anticipation of — rather than a reaction to — the box office success." Though the actual hire took place months ago, Beall has yet to turn in a script.

Along the lines of the "Avengers" development pattern, Warner Bros. has also brought in a writer to take a swing at one of DC's biggest heroes, Wonder Woman. Michael Goldenberg, one of the three writers of "Green Lantern," will reportedly pen the script.

The other two "Green Lantern" writers, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green, are already at work on a screenplay for "The Flash."

Hiring Beall is Warner's first major step toward producing a "Justice League" film since production stalled out in 2008. Then, "Mad Max" director George Miller was set to helm the film with Adam Brody as the Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman and a relatively unknown Armie Hammer as Batman. Warner Bros. claimed that a lack of tax breaks and the inability to hire a screenwriter to rewrite the script during the WGA strike stalled that version.

This was posted at MTV
    Last edited by sportsandstuff777; June 6, 2012 at 04:39pm. Reason: citing source
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

short sighted fools.. tax breaks? Really? A company that probably brings in a billion a year?

Marvel did it the right way. They had GOOD individual movies to set up their main heroes (NO REBOOTS, failed or otherwise) and that lead to the Avengers. Like the Perfect storm, it all worked out.

Meanwhile, DC has had two good Chris Reeves movies, one good Michael Keaton movie, and three good Bale Movies as batman. And I like DC more than marvel
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

So the 3 TV writers that penned the bomb GREEN LANTERN now get a crack at WONDER WOMAN and the FLASH?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No, no Warner Bros...you have to make individual hero movies first and sow the seeds for the DC Cinematic Universe around those movies, not jump straight to the Justice League.

And they really want they guys who wrote the failed Green Lantern movie to make The Flash and Wonder Woman? Are they high?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No, no Warner Bros...you have to make individual hero movies first and sow the seeds for the DC Cinematic Universe around those movies, not jump straight to the Justice League.
    Are they high?
    No, just brain dead. Grundy must be running the place. They've already got Batman off the ground and running. Year after, bring out flash, then wonder woman, then superman and THEN do Justice Leauge.

Don't rush forward because you where two stupid to do it this way 4 years ago when Batman became a big hit.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Yeah, I never got Hollywood. Why give the writers who wrote a bomb keys to two more of your heroes? Weird.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Marvel did it the right way. They had GOOD individual movies to set up their main heroes (NO REBOOTS, failed or otherwise) and that lead to the Avengers. Like the Perfect storm, it all worked out.
    Well there was one reboot movie, Hulk (2003) was rebooted with The Incredible Hulk (2008); but it was necessary reboot.

If Warner Brothers had stuck to their DC movie plans that were in place several years ago by now we would have had a Wonder Woman movie from Joss Whedon and a Flash movie written by David S. Goyer, then having recently written Batman Begins.

I'm not sure like the idea of turning some of the Green Lantern scriptwriters loose on other DC hero movies, it just doesn't sound like a thought out plan.

A Captain Marvel movie has had on again off again development for the last decade. We should probably be thankful the movie hasn't gone beyond script stage as even the foilks running DC have been doing a terrible job with the character over the last decade. (when the movie is pitched as BIG with superpowers you know they're getting started off on the wrong foot) It's really to bad as Captain Marvel & the Marvel Family offer Warner Brothers the potential to hold onto the Harry Potter audience provided WB is willing to world build rather than just having the usual isolated movies.

I'd love to see a Plastic Man movie, it should be a lot of fun to watch. And a Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) & Booster Gold movie in the style of a buddy cop film just seems so perfect that it's a wonder that we don't at least hear rumors from time to time.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; June 6, 2012 at 06:14pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really hope we see a GOOD Wonder Woman movie and Justice League movie. Also, yes, they have to introduce the characters first in their own movies before doing a Justice League movie. If they don't, you get the problem they had in the DC animated universe where Wonder Woman was a "new" superhero introduced...which wasn't fair to her AT ALL.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I really hope we see a GOOD Wonder Woman movie and Justice League movie. Also, yes, they have to introduce the characters first in their own movies before doing a Justice League movie. If they don't, you get the problem they had in the DC animated universe where Wonder Woman was a "new" superhero introduced...which wasn't fair to her AT ALL.
    I thought that was cool...it introduced WW to my friends who were not familiar with her at all.

UGH...JLEurope!!!!!!

I so enjoyed that much more!

I’m not going to scream bloody murder just yet. To be honest, WB has actually picked a pretty good point in time to do this. Okay, Green Lantern put a dampener on things, but on the other hand they’ve got a rebooted perspective on Superman coming next year that they could carry forward into a Justice League film. Also, the Nolan Batman universe is coming to an end and, as we all know, WB aren’t going to let the Batman character evaporate away like before, so a Justice League film could serve as a perfect opportunity to introduce a rebooted take on Batman. The film could also serve as a great introduction for all the other characters who would, providing the film was a success, then get their own films.

This could actually be a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    So the 3 TV writers that penned the bomb GREEN LANTERN now get a crack at WONDER WOMAN and the FLASH?
    This was my exact thoughts when I heard the news
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    On a somewhat related note, I have been entertaining the idea of Mila Kunis as Wonder Woman lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    On a somewhat related note, I have been entertaining the idea of Mila Kunis as Wonder Woman lately.
    I love Mila Kunis, but she's like 4'8 and 76 pounds... They'd have to cast Tom Cruise as Superman to keep the movie in scale.

I thought that was cool...it introduced WW to my friends who were not familiar with her at all.
    It screwed her origin up though! She's supposed to win the contest to go to man's world...and she was basically the "new kid" instead of a staple super hero. I still can't believe Bruce Timm didn't do a Wonder Woman series.

.........no thanks. I like her fine, but I just don't think her look and voice works for the part. It's too bad they didn't do a Wonder Woman movie in the 90's. If they did, she FOR SURE would have been played by Jennifer Connelly and that would have been amazing. Morena Baccarin might still be a good choice. She has the heroic jaw, is stunning and has the perfect voice for being sympathetic and innocent...and fierce in battle. She's 32, so I think she could still pull it off...but it would be best to get a girl in her 20's for use in future movies.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love Mila Kunis, but she's like 4'8 and 76 pounds... They'd have to cast Tom Cruise as Superman to keep the movie in scale.
    She is 5'4" and 115 lbs. but Lynda Carter is only 5'9" and 120 lbs. and she defines the character for general audiences in the same way the Christopher Reeve does with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It screwed her origin up though! She's supposed to win the contest to go to man's world...and she was basically the "new kid" instead of a staple super hero. I still can't believe Bruce Timm didn't do a Wonder Woman series.
    But doesn't that fit in with her Post-Crisis origin? She was the new kid on the block then...

Yeah, I wish Bruce Timm would have done a WWTAS series after Superman on the WB.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Kind of hard to do that when WB and DC reboot their superhero franchises every couple of years due to ticket sales not meeting with their expectations. Hollywood is run by idiots who don't want to put forth an imaginative effort when it comes to sequels and new versions of movies. Truthfully, writers COULD weave a cinematic continuity between films of a certain franchise even if the actors playing the heroes get re-cast. But, this is the 2010's, where it seems film audiences are too stupid to follow any kind of continuity and get confused when a different face is in the role of a character, so the studios keep re-booting the franchises for the sake of the morons.

And they really want they guys who wrote the failed Green Lantern movie to make The Flash and Wonder Woman? Are they high?

I think if WB and DC really want to be taken seriously, they need to hire the writers who have been working on the 'Avengers' movies for Marvel. That, obviously, is never going to happen, so instead they get untalented hacks to pen and produce their superhero flops.

Despite what a lot of people say, the Nolan Batman films aren't as good as they are hyped to be. The first film gets the pronunciation and characterization of the main villain completely wrong, the 'tumbler' just out right sucks and the flaws of the vehicles are revealed in TDK when someone puts together that Batman is driving around a failed prototype for a military vehicles built by Bruce Wayne's company. That and Bale's Batman voice is so ungodly awful. He sounds like he is yelling at people while having a very bad cold.

When it comes to the Batman films, I'm actually for a reboot once Nolan is finished ruining the Dark Knight. We'll have to see how well the new Superman film is received. Honestly, very lazy of the writers to take the premise of Superman 2 and turn it into a new film. Why not try and tackle some different villians for a change, like maybe a big screen version of Darkseid considering the Smallville version was a complete dud.
    Last edited by Hordak Alpha; June 6, 2012 at 11:46pm.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    UGH...JLEurope!!!!!!

I so enjoyed that much more!
    If a JLA movie happens, WB Animation should totally do a Super Buddies {aka Formerly Known As The Justice League} cartoon short.

Remember WB is the studio that though Catwoman with Halle Berry was a good idea!

NO!

She is 5'4" and 115 lbs. but Lynda Carter is only 5'9" and 120 lbs. and she defines the character for general audiences in the same way the Christopher Reeve does with Superman.
    I know we talked about this at Power Con but I really like the modern take on Wonder Woman, in which she is as tall as Superman. I love the TV show and I love lynda Carter as well as the "classic" look used on merch but that just is not how Wonder Woman should look in a feature film. She needs to be beautiful yet powerful and intimidating. I think that will help sell the "fish out of water" aspect of her story. She doesn't fit in here in Patriarchies World. That said I don't want some female body builder either.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Obviously I was exaggerating her size, but my point is that she just doesn't have nearly the presence to pull off Wonder Woman. And Lynda Carter and Christopher Reeve were both taller/bigger than average. I also think both of them were absolutely fantastic for the time, but I don't think either of them would fly today any more than painting a body builder green and calling him The Hulk.

But doesn't that fit in with her Post-Crisis origin? She was the new kid on the block then...
    I don't know. I'm only familiar with her tv/movie origins, her ORIGINAL comic origin and the Perez one. I think that's about it. I just like Wonder Woman being on the same level as Superman or Batman (like she normally is) and not when she's the rookie.

I have no faith that the Wonder Woman movie will be done well - ESPECIALLY by those guys. I can see it now - another telling of her origin story (YAWN) culminating on finally meeting her father, Zeus, (PUKE-PUKE), he dies, and Wonder Woman decides to carry on in the name of her father. The movie bombs, and Warner Brothers cries about how this is why you can't make movies with female leads.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Kind of hard to do that when WB and DC reboot their superhero franchises every couple of years due to ticket sales not meeting with their expectations. Hollywood is run by idiots who don't want to put forth an imaginative effort when it comes to sequels and new versions of movies. Truthfully, writers COULD weave a cinematic continuity between films of a certain franchise even if the actors playing the heroes get re-cast. But, this is the 2010's, where it seems film audiences are too stupid to follow any kind of continuity and get confused when a different face is in the role of a character, so the studios keep re-booting the franchises for the sake of the morons.
    I wouldn't blame the film audiences. We've had three different Banner/Hulks in a row and Jim Rhodes was re-cast. No, the studios reboot franchises because the stars and directors want to do other things, as what was seen with Spider-Man. So long as Sam Raimi, Tobey and Kirsten got to work together, we would have continued to see Spider-Man flicks with those characters. It's the same with Nolan's Batman; if Nolan had another story to tell, Bale would come back.

Hardly the fault of the moviegoers. That's Hollywood all the way.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I don't have high hopes for a JL movie honestly, which is sad because I'm a huge Batman/Superman fan. I really wish they would do the Batman/Superman movie they were talking about years ago first (minus Nick Cage as Superman - That would have been a disaster in itself). I liked the Green Lantern and the universe and wish they would make the sequel to start setting up crossovers, but I'm sure thats not happening anytime soon. As far as Mila playing WW., I think she's too tiny -l I think Lucy Lawless would be a better choice. (or there's always Angelina Jolie....she doesn't disapoint in action roles)