Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League' Movie In The Works At Warner Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No, no Warner Bros...you have to make individual hero movies first and sow the seeds for the DC Cinematic Universe around those movies, not jump straight to the Justice League.

And they really want they guys who wrote the failed Green Lantern movie to make The Flash and Wonder Woman? Are they high?
    i second this..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    She is 5'4" and 115 lbs. but Lynda Carter is only 5'9" and 120 lbs. and she defines the character for general audiences in the same way the Christopher Reeve does with Superman.

uhm, bci guy was being sarcastic, but both are short in general

i like to also add, i really really hope man of steel is a success next yr since nolan is involved in the project. if the movie is a successs, then go for superman 2 and introduce wonder woman like black widow for iron man 2?

then reboot batman or start with the flash movie, i'm not sure about aqua man, but would like to see him

too bad for GL.. that was so much cheese in that film and the over the top special effects was too much imo
    Last edited by carlo; June 7, 2012 at 02:11pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    if the movie is a successs, then go for superman 2 and introduce wonder woman like black widow for iron man 2?
    No, I would prefer Wonder Woman not be tacked on to a Superman sequel.

I really think WB should go for a DC-Universe thing, just like Marvel. With Batman coming to an end and Superman just beginning, they have a perfect opportunity.

you know what would be even cooler as a tease?

During the end credits,Superman flies over Gotham...and a SuperSignal is shown with his emblem. Superman flies to the source and there is Batman.. Supes: "Bruce Wayne, how can I help?" Bruce "You peaked...but I can still use your help.." end easter egg by having them both soar off into the night.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I think they need to reboot Superman make him edgy make him flawed. Let him abuse his power and feel guilty about it. I think current film audience would relate to that. Imagine Superman having a drinking problem or killing someone and feeling bad for doing it. Superman destroys a whole city just because he can. The villian Superman must stop is himself.
    Last edited by sportsandstuff777; June 8, 2012 at 01:45am. Reason: spelling
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I can't tell if you're joking, serious, or have never seen Superman III...

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    I think they need to reboot Superman make him edgy make him flawed. Let him abuse his power and feel guilty about it. I think current film audience would relate to that. Imagine Superman having a drinking problem or killing someone and feeling bad for doing it. Superman destroys a whole city just because he can. The villian Superman must stop is himself.
    Why even bother calling him Superman then? I don't mind them changing things, but don't mess with the core of who the character is.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking, serious, or have never seen Superman III...
    Was that the one with Richard Pryor? Dont remember it. I only like the first two and I was like 5 when they came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Why even bother calling him Superman then? I don't mind them changing things, but don't mess with the core of who the character is.

Well everyone complains about Superman being all perfect and not making mistakes, and being super all powerful. All I see is hate for Superman I would do something edgy with him the core character from the past wont work IMHO.
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    In Superman III, Superman is exposed to an incomplete artificial kryptonite which turns him evil. Evil-Superman then procedes to abuse his power, take advantage of women, develops a drinking problem, and causes general mayem. Ultimately Superman, in the form of Clark Kent, fights the Evil-Superman to exorcise him.

I was just so suprised that you suggested all that and it's all in Superman III, and yes that's the one with Richard Pryor.

Is it sad I remember the plot of Superman IV more than III, and I and II of course I recall.

About hiring the writers who have worked on the Avengers movies, you may have misses Joss Whedon's plans on Wonder Woman, they weren't like the character and the Marvel Avengers are for the most part still like their comic versions.

I think it's a good idea, and would work better to introduce the team. Of course part of the problem is Hollywood's obsession with origin stories.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    Well everyone complains about Superman being all perfect and not making mistakes, and being super all powerful. All I see is hate for Superman I would do something edgy with him the core character from the past wont work IMHO.
    Why not de-power him to "manageable" levels if you want him to be tested? It worked for John Byrne and Superman TAS.

They shouldn't make Superman dark. I think Superman is the very definition of a superhero and role model. It's akin to making Jesus dark and gritty.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why not de-power him to "manageable" levels if you want him to be tested? It worked for John Byrne and Superman TAS.
    Or just, you know, write a good story.

Grant Morrison actually overpowered he and wrote the most compelling superman story ever.

A fresh take on Wonder Woman would be to send her to Etheria.

Grant Morrison actually overpowered he and wrote the most compelling superman story ever.
    Because he realized Superman is an adventure character like one of the Greek myths. Superman is about trials and challenges regardless of his power level. The problem is too many writers can't get past that and want him punching people.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It must be pretty tough to write good Superman stories.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Lynne Collins is my current favorite to play Wonder Woman.

I think they should be looking at the writers of the animated DVD movies too. They did a great job with the Wonder Woman movie (still think they should do a WW movie first maybe with a war against Vandal Savage or Queen Bee being the impetus for her leaving Paradise Island). I can't believe they would use the dolts who wrote the GL movie. The writing wasn't the worst part of that movie, but there still have to be better writers available. Did someone at WB just love the cheekbones line? If so it was probably copied from an actual issue of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Lynne Collins is my current favorite to play Wonder Woman.
    Couldn't agree work gbagok!

If they do go ahead with this I hope they find someone as good at balancing ensemble pieces as the Avengers' Joss Whedon. We can't afford to have this degenerate into "Batman & His Amazing Friends" because that wouldn't do any of the characters any favors.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Possible Director

Well, I didn't see this coming. It seems WB wants Ben Affleck to direct and possibly star. To be fair, he's shown great strength as a director so far, so this may be a very intriguing move: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93394

Isn't it ironic that Warner Bros. is now hoping to get a guy who played A Marvel character to direct a 'Justice League' movie. While it's true that Ben Affleck has actually proven to be a much better director than an actor, i'm still gonna remain cautious about this.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Couldn't agree work gbagok!

Seconded. (or thirded?) Just saw John Carter, and the whole time I was thinking "She would be PERFECT as Diana."
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior

I like it. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash and Green Lantern. All of the biggest and best guns.

perhaps if this does well they can make a Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) movie

yes I know he isn't part of the Justice League, I just want a Blue Beetle movie
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I just hope they stick with Henry Cavill as Superman at the least. I suppose you could get around RR as Hal if he isn't used and Batman is destine for a re-boot regardless so the other actors aren't as important, but keeping the same actors for the individual movies as well as JL is HUGE for the success of this movie/franchise.

Go astray and it's destine for faliure....