Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoboCop Remake on its way

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar

RoboCop Remake on its way

RoboCop Remake Now Also Stars Samuel Jackson

In addition to Gary Oldman and Joel Kinnaman, the RoboCop remake is now going to star Samuel L. Jackson. This guy is destined to make his mark on every franchise out there, it seems.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will play a powerful television mogul named Pat Novak. Apparently, he's a heavy-hitter in the world of RoboCop. Kinnaman, as you know, is Alex Murphy/RoboCop and Oldman is his creator.

Jose Padilha is directing.

Shooting begins this fall; RoboCop is due in theaters August 9, 2013
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Even at that, I just don't see this being anything like the original series. No doubt they'll change the base look of Robocop, too, even though his appearance is pretty iconic.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

IMO Samuel L. Jackson used to be cool...

Now...lol...not so much.

Why do they have to ruin all good things in the 80's...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    UGH! Just make a game, and dont remake the film. The original robocop game is still hillarious, you basically go around punching dogs. lol
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

They've managed to amass a great cast so far.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, this is cool. I just finished watching RoboCop: Prime Directives (the 4 movie mini-series) and I picked up the RoboCop TV series. I enjoy RoboCop. I hope (at the bare minimum), this movie gets all 3 RoboCop movies released on Blu-Ray with all the DVD special features ported over. I'm not going to buy them again with no special features.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Interesting. Can't say I was ever interested in a remake of this, but I'll probably see it. I just don't see how it could do better than the original, and if that's not possible...what's the point?

Ah well, hopefully they DO change some things up. The original got it down, so they might as well do this one differently. No point in just redoing what's already been done.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

As long as the script features the line "I'll buy that for a dollar" I will be happy

Will it be as hardcore as the original or be sugar-coated like Robocop 3 and the short-lived TV series?

I'm of the opinion that this remake is just not necessary. The original Robocop is an amazing film and I'm not sure that it can be perfected or topped. I'll try to withhold further opinion until I hear more about it but at this point it's on the "Why?" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    UGH! Just make a game, and dont remake the film. The original robocop game is still hillarious, you basically go around punching dogs. lol
    Was that the game for NES system? I kinda remember playing it

Heroic Warrior
    I will give it a try if the previews look interesting.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I wonder if people complained like this about the remakes of '50s movies that they did in the 80s.

I love the original, but I'm excited to see a new take on it.

Plus I love Gary Oldman and Joel Kinnaman is a very good actor (that I'm looking forward to seeing in something watchable).

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Why do they have to ruin all good things in the 80's...
    For money, plain and simple. I'm of the firm belief that every single movie that has ever been made will be remade, if it hasn't already.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    As long as the script features the line "I'll buy that for a dollar" I will be happy
    Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Hugh Laurie Is In Negotiations To Serve As The Villain In The Remake Of RoboCop

Another big name is about to join the ranks in the upcoming remake of RoboCop which is slated to return to the big screen in 2013. Read on for all the details.

THR is reporting that Hugh Laurie (House) is in negotiations to play the villain in MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie RoboCop. If cast Laurie will play the evil and ultra-rich CEO of Omnicorp, the company that makes the titular character.

This is awesome news he will be a great bad guy liked him a lot on the show House he was so sarcastic

I am not only Huge Fan for He-Man. I like lots of Terminator & RoboCop. There is really good website for RoboCop: RoboCop Archive - www.robocoparchive.com

And this RoboCop "remake" is not really gonna be remake since it focus making RoboCop.

Also Hugh Laurie's character in film. Seems liked he may be mix of "The Old Man" and "Richard Jones" characters in original film.
    Last edited by Jyrki; June 17, 2012 at 07:37am.

If someone has seen Padilha's "Tropa de Elite" movies, you may realize that they are hardcore, something that I expect from RoboCop thanks to Verhoven. Although, those movies spent quite an amount of screen time with dialogues and then resolution is done in the blink of an eye, including death of main characters.
    Padilha already mentioned that he would like to explore what makes a man to become machine, the part between Murphy being dead and resurrecting as Robo. I do hope that we don't get a 120 min movie with a 80 min scene of a dead man's soul getting wired.

Gary Oldman as the creator is quite interesting, since one of the main factor's of the movie was Miguel Ferrer's character young ambition to overthrow **** Jones that ends up creating RoboCop. Oldman is older than Laurie, which it may make him look like a Gepetto father figure.

The only thing that gets me excited about having this remake would be the inclusion of today's CGI Robo vs ED-209 extended fight scene demolishing the whole Omni Corp building.

Some RoboCop designs that are around the web don't make him look menacing either, it is more sleak and quite manga inspired.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    I don't think that's the real design. I just read an article where the actor said the mask/helemet will be clear so you can see his performance...and RoboCop won't move all slow and twitchy. It sounds like the new RoboCop will just look like a human wearing a tech suit.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, that totally looks like a photo-manipulation. And its definitely not Kinnaman's face.

The original Robocop is amongst my top 3 all time favorite movies and I'm positive there's no way a remake can top the original - or even come anywhere close the level of awesomeness the original has. But, I'm sure I'll head to the theaters when it opens. I'm glad that Robocop is remembered and gets a new take. I most likely am not able to look at the new movie objectively because of my glued-on-nostalgia-glasses, but I'll do my best to enjoy the ride.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm sure it'll be another dumb action movie (S L Jackson!?? UGH!) with none of Paul Verhoeven's cynical & dark humour that made the original so funny. And cool
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; June 18, 2012 at 05:15pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I'm sure it'll be another dumb action movie (S L Jackson!?? UGH!) with none of Paul Verhoeven's cynical & dark hmour that made the original so funny. And cool
    I don't get that vibe at all. If that was the goal, they never would've brought in José Padilha to direct, and its unlikely Kinnaman, Oldman and Laurie would've signed on.

First teaser