Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RoboCop Remake on its way

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I hope they plan on upping the SFX quality. I laughed at the cheap quality of the ED-209 versus the tank effects
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The trailer looks interesting but I don't know if my mind can handle the re-design on this franchise. I just love the original movie too much.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Given that teasers don't show us much anyway, I think it was pretty clever to do it as an Omni Consumer Products commercial.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    First teaser
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

So far I'm excited!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I hope they plan on upping the SFX quality. I laughed at the cheap quality of the ED-209 versus the tank effects
    I thought that was intentional - like it was supposed to be a 3D representation of what the finished product would be.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I thought that was intentional - like it was supposed to be a 3D representation of what the finished product would be.
    Meh, I don't know about that. The commercial states that the ED-209 is proven on the battlefield and as a customer, I would expect actual footage of said battlefield or footage of the ED-209 being tested against a tank at military proving grounds like Aberdeen in Maryland.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

First Look At New Suit!!!

Well, I like the visor. As for the suit itself, I just find that an incredibly generic and uninspiring design. Word is that he has multiple looks throughout the film. So hopefully this is his first look.

robo1.jpg

first off that looks TERRIBLE

second...it looks like the batsuit from the Nolan films

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

I agree. Man, the G.I. Joe Accelerator suits looked more RoboCop than this. And what is Hollywood's obsession with black?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

HD figures on youtube
    The body doesn't look metal at all. Looks like a suit..Not a actual robotic body like the original.

Bummer. RoboCop needs to be silver/gray, not black.

He looks like a Silverhawk
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I try to do my best to reserve any judgement until I've actually seen the movie in question, but damn, it's going to be hard. Definitely looks like a reject-sketch done by the Nolan-Batman.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

My marketplace feedback

What an awful design for RoboCop. Couldn't they follow the original design and just improve upon it?
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Slight Spoilers

According to script reviews he has about four looks throughout the film. Apparently he starts off with all his humanity pretty much intact. I think that's the look we're seeing here. As the film progresses, though, the company do further experiments on him, slowly turning him into more of a machine. Apparently he also has his own bike.

well that is just stupid. Robocop starts off with his humanity removed, acting like an emotionless machine, but then as his memories start to come back and he has to deal with his own murder and the loss of his family he slowly gets his humanity back.

Sorry but if that is true and with him dressing like Batman... I have little to no hope for this movie at all

***Very slight spoilers***

I think this will make you even angrier. Apparently his first look is described as being a more “high-tech” version of the 80s suit. They then take him to a focus group made up of criminals and they laugh him off the stage, describing him as looking like a 80s toy.

Just listened to the Latino Review script review again. Basically, his first look is described as looking more or less like the original suit. His second look is described as being lime-green and his third look is mentioned as being black. So I'm assuming we're seeing the third suit here. The fourth suit is the weird sounding one. It’s described as looking like a cop "on steroids", the colour scheme of which is supposed to replicate a police uniform. The visor is also clear, so his eyes are always in view. Then he can switch into action mode, where he is black.
    Last edited by Krueger; September 16, 2012 at 11:47am.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post

I think this will make you even angrier. Apparently his first look is described as being a more “high-tech” version of the 80s suit. They then take him to a focus group made up of criminals and they laugh him off the stage, describing him as looking like a 80s toy.
    So why did they even bother with the remake?
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

it's filming in Toronto, I kind of miss being an extra, would be cool to be ina big action flick.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Just listened to the Latino Review script review again. Basically, his first look is described as looking more or less like the original suit. His second look is described as being lime-green and his third look is mentioned as being black. So I'm assuming we're seeing the third suit here. The fourth suit is the weird sounding one. It’s described as looking like a cop "on steroids", the colour scheme of which is supposed to replicate a police uniform. The visor is also clear, so his eyes are always in view. Then he can switch into action mode, where he is black.
    Well, that actually made me happier. To be honest, the 80s look is kinda goofy by todays standards (EDIT: and this is from someone who considers Robocop to be the best movie ever). And I'm glad if this is one of the reject-looks.

My marketplace feedback

I remember Peter Weller saying that he developed some moves with a mime teacher for the original film to be more sleek, some sort of snake like movements representing a cyborg. Although, at trying the weight of the actual suit and complications on the articulations, he had to change the point of view and came up with the density monster moves concept, very heavy and stomping.

Seeing this suits make me think if designers wanted to go that route creating a kind of cyborg ninja. I also wonder why they did not learn from HR Giger, whenever he said that having a character (referring to the Xenomorph design) with no eyes, is having a dangerous, soulless creature; that mere easy to came up idea is 100% applicable to the original movie, once Murphy removes his helmet, he regains his humanity.
    Maybe some cyberpunk or steampunk concepts may have resulted in something more original

Also, will he keep his human right hand the whole film?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    The news of Hugh Laurie as the villain had me excited, but this image of the costume (whether it's getting CGI enhancements or not) has just crushed all interest. My one hope now is that this isn't Robocop himself, rather some form of villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    What an awful design for RoboCop. Couldn't they follow the original design and just improve upon it?
    Hollywood arrogance pretty much dictates that they probably think they have improved it.

So they're insulting the wonderful, amazing, inspired and perfect original design to boot? My interest evapourates by the minute... Putting knobs all over the Enterpise design just so the designers could say they'd stamped their signiture on a unique design didn't help in Abrahms' movie either.
    Last edited by redsquadron; September 16, 2012 at 02:57pm.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

^ Hugh Laurie dropped out. Michael Keaton has taken his place.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    The following info on the suits comes from a poster on another board who's read the script.

Robocop 1.0: looks like the original suit, but is turned down, because in the script, a test study with criminals make fun of it and say it looks silly. They even sarcastically reference Eddie Yang(the guy who designed Iron Man in the movies).

Robocop 2.0: Looks similar to the 1.0 variation with minor tweeks, but his armor is tinted green, so it probably looks like Master Chief from Halo.

Robocop 3.0: Is still similar to the others, but his armor is now black, and has a big OCP sign on its back.

Robocop 4.0: This suit can now change colors. It has a civilian mode that makes him look like a cop in a blue uniform. When he sense danger, he'll go into "intimidation mode", and his suit changes colors to all black and looks like a SWAT uniform.

So either this is just version 3.0 or the intimidation mode of the final suit. Plus, in the viral viral site, it should his shoulder which looked like this.

So, at the very least it'll probably have a different texture.

Overall, I quite like it. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of glove, on one hand, but hopefully that's just an issue of wardrobe.

People who say that it's a crappy design just need to compare this.

to this

Last edited by mattnotis; September 16, 2012 at 08:35pm.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

No. It looks like Batman got busy with a rock'em sock'em robot