Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RoboCop Remake on its way

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnotis View Post

People who say that it's a crappy design just need to compare this.

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/u...pr55s2hc_b.jpg

to this

http://asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d...85_610x407.jpg
    That presupposes the original suit was an actual product of the 1980's and not a fictional one projected into the future
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

The following info on the suits comes from a poster on another board who's read the script.

Robocop 1.0: looks like the original suit, but is turned down, because in the script, a test study with criminals make fun of it and say it looks silly. They even sarcastically reference Eddie Yang(the guy who designed Iron Man in the movies).

Robocop 2.0: Looks similar to the 1.0 variation with minor tweeks, but his armor is tinted green, so it probably looks like Master Chief from Halo.

Robocop 3.0: Is still similar to the others, but his armor is now black, and has a big OCP sign on its back.

Robocop 4.0: This suit can now change colors. It has a civilian mode that makes him look like a cop in a blue uniform. When he sense danger, he'll go into "intimidation mode", and his suit changes colors to all black and looks like a SWAT uniform.

So either this is just version 3.0 or the intimidation mode of the final suit. Plus, in the viral viral site, it should his shoulder which looked like this.

http://www.iverged.com/iv/wp/wp-cont...00_460x262.jpg

So, at the very least it'll probably have a different texture.

Overall, I quite like it. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of glove, on one hand, but hopefully that's just an issue of wardrobe.

to this

Hmm, looking at both pictures, the shoulder on the leaked set picture looks very much like the one from the viral video. I guess that is his final look. Judging by the look of it in the viral video I imagine it’s not going to look so rubber in the film.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I hate it. I'm a big Robo fan and this suit so far is terrible IMO.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

couldn't agree more. even tho the film has a bunch of big A list actors I am not liking the design of this new suit
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I hate it. I'm a big Robo fan and this suit so far is terrible IMO.

The appeal for me as a kid was that robocop was a big tank of a guy that literally had no fear of the criminals he faced.

This suit might as well be a guy in a bat costume.

I wonder how he'll move. Suit looks too ergonomic for my previous film concept of an armored police, more CyborgCop than RoboCop for my taste.
    Old Robo wasn't able to jump, or least I imagined he couldn't jump high. Or run. I think that designers wanted to move away by having this kind of BatCop Ninja who perform move faster and with sleek movements.

I just can't like it even if I wanted to. Old movie is just too good to be topped.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    This suit might as well be a guy in a bat costume.

Cause it is. Specifically his battle armor costume.

Yah. I like the original Robocop movies.

I never thought it was Robocop's appearance that was supposed to intimidate as much as it was the fact that if you shot him he just kept on coming and that he had perfect aim. Look at all the criminals he faces in the first movie, they constantly underestimate him and even smile a few times but when they start shooting at him...they soon stop smiling (usually because they have had huge chunks blown out of them )

oh and for a bit of fun

Last edited by wolfsfang; September 17, 2012 at 08:26pm.

New pictures here of the suit. It does make it look slightly better. Not as rubbery, at least. I must admit, I do like the design of the helmet. More shockingly, though, it appears that his right hand will be human after all:

robocop-kinneman-set-suit8.png

robocop-kinneman-set-suit7.jpg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It looks too much like body armor, not like a cyborg.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm still confident in my opinion of "wow that really sucks"
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I'm still confident in my opinion of "wow that really sucks"
    ^What he said^

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that was always going to be the problem here. To really improve upon the original film I think they should have gone down the motion-capture route. I was calling for it from day one. That way, whatever design they came up with wouldn't have to compromise for anything, like the actor's body and movements and whatnot. I know motion-capture isn't everyone's friend, but I think they could have really gone wild if they used it. Instead, what we have is a suit, plain and simple. Problem is, it looks like a suit. I just hope that by the time they're finished the suit will look much better on film. I suspect (and hope) that that will be the case. Set pictures have always been deceiving.

The following info on the suits comes from a poster on another board who's read the script.

Robocop 1.0: looks like the original suit, but is turned down, because in the script, a test study with criminals make fun of it and say it looks silly. They even sarcastically reference Eddie Yang(the guy who designed Iron Man in the movies).

Robocop 2.0: Looks similar to the 1.0 variation with minor tweeks, but his armor is tinted green, so it probably looks like Master Chief from Halo.

Robocop 3.0: Is still similar to the others, but his armor is now black, and has a big OCP sign on its back.

Robocop 4.0: This suit can now change colors. It has a civilian mode that makes him look like a cop in a blue uniform. When he sense danger, he'll go into "intimidation mode", and his suit changes colors to all black and looks like a SWAT uniform.

So either this is just version 3.0 or the intimidation mode of the final suit. Plus, in the viral viral site, it should his shoulder which looked like this.

http://www.iverged.com/iv/wp/wp-cont...00_460x262.jpg

So, at the very least it'll probably have a different texture.

Overall, I quite like it. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of glove, on one hand, but hopefully that's just an issue of wardrobe.

to this

wth is that?? is that last picture SUPPOSED to be a PHONE??!?!?! it looks like a chocolate bar or something! I can't cradle that between my shoulder and my ear!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Oh dear, they've committed the ultimate sin of making him look like just another guy in a suit. Robocop never looked like that; he really did look like machine parts built onto a destroyed human body.
    And black... again?? Maybe it's ironic and they're going for the 'fascist' look, but I doubt it. If I wanted reasurrance from a 'policeman', a gun-toting black mass would not offer it.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

all idding aside I never felt like the original looked like a machine built onto a destroyed body until he was helmetless. to me it was just a guy in a clunky suit. this looks like a guy in a sleeker suit. personally from the outside looking in (never a big fan of the series but I liked it well enough) the main difference is the colour and it's more sleek. but again they both look like costumes, the original robocop was ironman mark 1 this one is ironman mark v.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I actually don't mind it. I compare this to the recent pictures of Iron Man and

Iron Patriot

It would be nicer if he was coloured more like the original but the description above states it can change colour so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No. it looks like Cyclops (marvel character) combined with vintage robocop and The Phoenix.

It's better than what it was.

That is the hand that got shockingly blasted by Bodicker in the Murphy ambush scene. I assume it'd have a similar fate during the movie as a sign of loosing all his humanity.
    It would be hard now to avoid the comparisons with Iron Man, specially when the final scene of IM is pretty similar to RoboCop 2 final confrontation as well.

Still a mix of a Crysis/Bat suit reject, although I must confess that it looks a tiny bit better.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I love the black suit, but find the human hand out of place and horrid to see.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    I love the black suit, but find the human hand out of place and horrid to see.
    I agree about the hand. I guess they wanted to show that he still has some humanity left in him. Thing is, the mouth is/should be enough to get that message across.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I agree about the hand. I guess they wanted to show that he still has some humanity left in him. Thing is, the mouth is/should be enough to get that message across.
    maybe it's just a story choice maybe it's something we don't know, I mean it IS fun speculating when we see all the behind the scenes stuff, but it's also fuel for hysteria. fans pick apart EVERY nuance and detail these days so we go into these things with a huge level of fear now days. I don't know sometimes its fun to be positive or at the very least just wait and see what plays out.

Fear is faith in failure

This thing isn't even out yet and it needs an oil change. If you have the cajones to remake an absolute classic you better not come out looking like an Iron Man derivative. Total garbage so far.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Best picture :

robocop-set-photos-1.jpeg

the more I look at it the more it looks like a rubber of some kind