Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (7/2/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (7/2/2012)

hordak.de

1. So Spector travels back in time to bring Sir Laser-Lot into the future who then serves as Man-At-Arms for King He-Man... Is Clamp Champ dead and why didn't he just save poor ol' Duncan instead?

Spector can't just pull people out of time. That can lead to a paradox. Sir Laser Lot was a rare exception due to his mysterious disappearance/death. Similar to how Supergirl in that late JLU episode “Far from Home” where she goes to the future and stays there. As for Clamp Champ, his fate is yet to be revealed!

2. Are Karak Nul and Wun-Dar from the same era as Gygor and Vykron/ is there any connection between all these?

Keep reading the bios! We aren't going to spill the beans here.

3. Will Scott Neitlich wear a purple Spandex suit at SDCC?

From Toyguru: “That depends on whether Pixel Dan comes dressed as Mosquitor per our bet!”

4. Not really a question, rather a suggestion: Perfuma's flower, Peekablue's feathers, Angella's wings, Castaspella's hypnotic wheel, Mermista's shell and Flutterina's wings- they all are clipped into the back of the figure. Could you find a way to make these interchangeable much like you did with the arm attachments of the male figures? It could work as well with Scorpia's tail and Octavia's tentacles!

Great thoughts. We'll pass these along.

5. In Toy Guru's blog we read about Randor's possible future variant that could even include his spear. But this spear has been released in the second weapons pak already. Is there a chance we could get one in vac metal or even die cast, if the time for a Randor variant has come?

A cool idea but nothing to annunce right now. Die Cast is expensive so that is less likley.
    Mintconditioncustom.com

Grayskull asks: When will the next Mad Matty Monday happen?

You’ll need to wait and see!
    Preternia.com

On Stinkor, the valve that plugs into his armor is not really referenced on the box anywhere. Really unless I had knowledge from the staction release I probably would not have known where to place it. Would it be possible in the future when a figure has a modern or alternate look it can be shown on the side flap similar to how Slush Head’s water dome instruction is?

A great suggestion and one we will take into consideration!

On Twitter, Geoff mentioned that people could get Sir Laser-Lot at SDCC. Was that just wrong info on his part or will there be some early stock there being sold?

The fig will be displayed at SDCC but is not for sale until Aug.

Am I able to change my shipping preference on my subs mid year if I contact CS or am I stuck with what I chose?

You will be able to change and we are hoping to have our “My Sub” page ready soon to have even more control over your sub.
    Kastor’s Korner

Kastor’s Korner: Between MOTU and Ghostbusters’ Retro Heroes, Mattel has clearly established a good working relationship with Filmation. Is it possible this relationship may lead to some kind of future for another classic Filmation/ Mattel 80′s team-up– BraveStarr? While the Marshall never gained the mass appeal of He-Man, he’s not without his fans… and his 25th Anniversary is hitting this year!

Mattel: Just because we have the license for Voltron and MOTU from Classic Media, this does not mean we have rights to all of their many properties. We do not have the rights to Bravestarr.
    MOTULA.org

Were the first EvilWarriors hired by keldor before, during or after Randor & Keldor faced Marzo in the Great Unrest?

This will be revealed soon! Keep reading the bios and mini comics!

If King Heman can send Spector back to the past to hire SLL, what's stopping him to save Duncan from his death?

Sir Laser Lot was a VERY rare example of someone who could be pulled out of time due to the unique nature of his mysterious "death" or disappearance. Similar to Super Girl in that tail end episode of JLU "Far from Home".

Do SLL keeps using his current armor when he becomes a MAA? or does he use the traditional MAA armor and gear?

He uses his standard armor. The Armor is not distinct to the position. When Clamp Champ get the title MAA he does not wear the Duncan's armor. This was Duncan's look, not a look for the title.

Given that Zodak is not a Cosmic Enforcer, can you explain what the armor used by Zodac, Zodak, Zeelahr, and Wun-dar comes from? Is that the outfit of some kind of order of mystical warriors, some of which are recruited as Cosmic Enforcers?

Often armor is left over from battles and is taken by other warriors and used or reused as needed to stay alive on a battle ridden planet like Eternia!

It is said that Evil-Lyn travels to the future to live with her son. How distant in the future does she travel? Maybe she travelled to a relatively near future coinciding with the age of King He-Man?

Yes, the future she arrives in is during the time of King He-Man.
    MOTUClassics.Com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: After the Dragon Blaster Skeletor reveal, a lot of talk focused on the dragon, but we’d like to ask about the sword. Long-time collectors have multiple purple swords at this point. We understand the vintage line repeated accessories, but we’re not sure if that should be a nostalgic callback. Can Mattel look into redecoing these repeated accessories to enhance future figures instead of reissuing the same ones repeatedly?

At this point it is too late to make any changes to this figure.

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Depending on how you count the beasts and figures with only slight differences, the MOTU Classics line should reach its 100th figure sometime in 2013. Is there anything special planned for that centennial figure or will it just be a footnote when we get to it?

Since schedule and logistical issues can change release schedules we simply are not in a position to pin point exactly which fig will be # 100.

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Will anything special be done with Mekaneck’s goggles? The figure looks like he’s off to a great start in the e-mail, but the goggles appear to have little defintion on the lenses. Will they be highlighted in anyway?

The goggles are silver, but there is no vac metal.
    PlanetEternia.de

1) If the MotU Classics line manages to last until 2017, would all characters that were available as actionfigures in the previous lines (MotU vintage, PoP, NA) have been released by then? Or are there any characters from those lines who ain't planned at all in the long run?

Logistical and other issues can change release order so we don't have an exact date when ALL the vintage figs will be done in Classics, but we hope to get to this goal in time.

2) Why does the new Masters series from DC Comics follow its own continuity instead of playing within the MotU Classics canon?

To allow DC writers the creative freedom to tell their own stories in the MOTU world and reinforce that there is no one cannon.

3) Is Mattel concerned that an oversupply of product might result in less customers subscribing for 2013 due to figures being available for lower prices on the secondary market and Mattel re-offering product? There are fans who fear that this might jeopardize the necessary limited amount of subscriptions necessary to keep the line going well.

This is something we are always looking into and it is one reason no figure in 2012 and beyond will go into a second run.

4) It seems like ages since we heard anything about a new Master movie. Do you have anything to share in terms of its development?

It is currently with Sony for development. No new news right now.

5) A lot of vintage MotU figures nowadays have stains as a result from the plastic used 20-30 years ago. Now those toys were not produced as collectors items. But did you ensure to use materials for the MotU Classics that won't experience similar constrictions in upcoming years?

We do age test all of our product but there is no way to know for sure as each customer has a different experience with there toys. The harder you play with them, the less likley they will last forever. Hey, we were all kids once right?!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 3, 2012 at 01:29pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I hope the rest that post theirs is better. In fact, how do you submit a question for this? I want to know why my Atrocitus was sold before my subscription shipped, and why people are getting charged full price for DCU figures instead of the subscription prices.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I hope the rest that post theirs is better. In fact, how do you submit a question for this? I want to know why my Atrocitus was sold before my subscription shipped, and why people are getting charged full price for DCU figures instead of the subscription prices.
    Oh, oh, I know the answer to this one. "Please contact Customer Service and they will be happy to assist you."
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    You go to a website that host these questions and submit your question.

However, that sounds more like an "Ask Matty" question.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You go to a website that host these questions and submit your question.

However, that sounds more like an "Ask Matty" question.
    I got banned from MattyCollector for asking something similar when it came to the Voltron sub.

I didn't mean on this site specifically, but I meant in general since I have an account on many different sites.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    But...Duncan had a mysterious death. Snake to human to dead. Teela the "Sorceress" did some mumbo jumbo on him before his death. That's mysterious.

To be perfectly honest...Mattel/Toyguru's answers about how Sir Laser-Lot and no one else can be pulled into the future is pretty lame. Spector goes back in time and says:

"Yo, you want to be MAA in the future?"
    Sir LL replies "Okay, cool. What about everyone back here?"
    Spector: "They think you're dead anyway...except for those two boys who will tell everyone. So, we can take them with us or kill them."
    Sir LL "Cool."

Seriously though, anyone can be pulled from any time and then they would be thought of as dead in their proper timeline...because they're gone. What makes Sir LL different? King Miro was "lost" (kidnapped by Enchantress or Count Marzo depending on the canon you follow), Adora was kidnapped and lost (the second time with Sea Hawk potentially), Draego-Man went into isolation, etc. I don't see a difference. *shrugs*

The real answer: Geoff Johns didn't want his character to be dead? I can see it. Who wants to create a new character/action figure just to kill him off?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    We'll all have to wait for SDCC to get some real and valuable answers + reveals... 11 more days to wait.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Seriously though, anyone can be pulled from any time and then they would be thought of as dead in their proper timeline...because they're gone. What makes Sir LL different? King Miro was "lost" (kidnapped by Enchantress or Count Marzo depending on the canon you follow), Adora was kidnapped and lost (the second time with Sea Hawk potentially), Draego-Man went into isolation, etc. I don't see a difference. *shrugs*
    The problem with some of your examples is their time gone is documented. Like you said with King Miro, regardless of canon, we know who he was with. So that villain would have known he was gone, and since that's never mentioned in "history", that didn't happen, so it can't happen. Draego-Man coul dbe picked up since he went into isolation, but that would mean that Spector would have to know where he was, and he was willing to go. Adora being kidnapped is part of who she is, and again, it's documented. It was documented that SLL had a mysterious "death". Turns out, he was just pulled to the future.

There's more in the He-Ro/He-Ro II thread discussing the time travel aspect if you want.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior
    I find this interesting.

It is said that Evil-Lyn travels to the future to live with her son. How distant in the future does she travel? Maybe she travelled to a relatively near future coinciding with the age of King He-Man?

Yes, the future she arrives in is during the time of King He-Man.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I find it strange how most people read Laser-Lot's bio as if they took him to the future because they wanted him to be the new MAA.
    Well, it sure wasn't like this:

King He-Man: "What Clamp Champ's dead too?! Oh gee I guess we need a new Man-at-Arms...again."
    J. Spector: "I know just the guy!"

They sure didn't take him to the future in order to MAKE him the new MAA (the bio doesn't state that), but because of his deeds and power. So when he was taken to the future they might have realized his technological potential as he might have been working with new technology with basicaly no problems at all. He even might have worked together with Clamp Champ, who could have explained him anything new. So in the end they might have decided to make him the new MAA. It works for me.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

"Do SLL keeps using his current armor when he becomes a MAA? or does he use the traditional MAA armor and gear?

He uses his standard armor. The Armor is not distinct to the position. When Clamp Champ get the title MAA he does not wear the Duncan's armor. This was Duncan's look, not a look for the title."

so when clamp champs take the lead all the royal guards are gonna have the same look as clamp champ?

That is promising to hear about changing the shipping options. At this point, if changing shipping options is anything like changing credit card info / shipping info, then I would think that it's very difficult to change it. I don't know if being on the phone with CS for hours on end is worth it.

I do hope that the My Subs page is up and running soon. Doesn't it seem that TG has been talking about this for a long time now?

If King Heman can send Spector back to the past to hire SLL, what's stopping him to save Duncan from his death?

Sir Laser Lot was a VERY rare example of someone who could be pulled out of time due to the unique nature of his mysterious "death" or disappearance. Similar to Super Girl in that tail end episode of JLU "Far from Home".

When Super Girl goes to the future and stays there, other League members know of what happened. It wasn't mysterious anymore.

Unless his power is unique and desperately needed in the future, I don't see the need to have him go to the future when any other warrior during King He-Man's reign could be the new MAA. Trying to piece together a valid reason to make Sir Laugh-a-Lot fit in both the unexplored areas of MOTU and make him a grandiose character just shows an attempt to please a buddy over writing a better story arc for the King He-Man era. Killing Duncan just to promote SLL was a bad move in creative writing, in my opinion of course. The NA MAA story was a much more interesting idea with more meat on the bone in terms of storytelling lol....But MOTUC has been written this way already (I can't wait for someone else to bring back Duncan "officially" just for this stamp to be used).

I do hope more careful treading will be utilized for other characters in this expanded alternate universe of MOTU, namely She-Ra!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Right now changing the shipping option is totally impossible. The day that goes active I'm changing mine to UPS and saying goodbye to Newgistics FOREVER!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Yup, can't wait til I can drop Newgistics.

So are there any important questions or is SLL going to be the main theme of EVERY site?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Right now changing the shipping option is totally impossible. The day that goes active I'm changing mine to UPS and saying goodbye to Newgistics FOREVER!
    I agree with you. Newgistics is terrible. I loved UPS because their shipping was a lot faster and more accurate in terms of when the product would get delivered to your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    "Do SLL keeps using his current armor when he becomes a MAA? or does he use the traditional MAA armor and gear?

He uses his standard armor. The Armor is not distinct to the position. When Clamp Champ get the title MAA he does not wear the Duncan's armor. This was Duncan's look, not a look for the title."

so when clamp champs take the lead all the royal guards are gonna have the same look as clamp champ?
    LMAO! Yeah, Filmation and MYP shoot holes in that idea, with some of the Eternian Palace Guards looking similarly to Duncan. However, there are Palace Guards who don't look like Duncan...

Maybe these other Palace Guards are of higher rank...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 2, 2012 at 08:53pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LMAO! Yeah, Filmation and MYP shoot holes in that idea, with some of the Eternian Palace Guards looking similarly to Duncan. However, there are Palace Guards who don't look like Duncan...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...bs/guards5.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...abs/Guards.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...bs/guards3.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...rabs/Miro1.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/guards-1.jpg

Maybe these other Palace Guards are of higher rank...
    The other guards are Miro's squad of Royal Guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post

When Super Girl goes to the future and stays there, other League members know of what happened. It wasn't mysterious anymore.

Unless his power is unique and desperately needed in the future, I don't see the need to have him go to the future when any other warrior during King He-Man's reign could be the new MAA. Trying to piece together a valid reason to make Sir Laugh-a-Lot fit in both the unexplored areas of MOTU and make him a grandiose character just shows an attempt to please a buddy over writing a better story arc for the King He-Man era. Killing Duncan just to promote SLL was a bad move in creative writing, in my opinion of course. The NA MAA story was a much more interesting idea with more meat on the bone in terms of storytelling lol....But MOTUC has been written this way already (I can't wait for someone else to bring back Duncan "officially" just for this stamp to be used).

I do hope more careful treading will be utilized for other characters in this expanded alternate universe of MOTU, namely She-Ra!
    This is what I would've done with this SLL bio and time travel thing: simply have King He-Man dispatch the Mighty Spector travel to Preternia not to recruit SLL but to retrieve the Gem of Tamadge from him upon his 'death' as the Gem could be a possible advantage to the Future Masters??? There is no documented or reference in the history of the Masters of this particular item, therefore no loss?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    The other guards are Miro's squad of Royal Guards.
    Yes and they continue into the present day, as seen in those pics with Teela. The thing is that we never had any word as to what is the real difference between these guards other than visual. I'm thinking rank, because these guards seem higher than normal guards. Maybe these guys are like the Crimson Guard (elites) compared to the normal COBRA troopers or Vipers (grunts).

I've been wanting some of those Miro guards since the show aired!!

Cool so I can scratch the blue MAA coloured armour I've been planning for Clamp Champ.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I've been wanting some of those Miro guards since the show aired!!
    I've wanted those guards for quite some time too- I've often thought a multi-pack featuring King Miro with two of those guards would make an AMAZING set!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    This is what I would've done with this SLL bio and time travel thing: simply have King He-Man dispatch the Mighty Spector travel to Preternia not to recruit SLL but to retrieve the Gem of Tamadge from him upon his 'death' as the Gem could be a possible advantage to the Future Masters??? There is no documented or reference in the history of the Masters of this particular item, therefore no loss?
    Very interesting take on this, I really like it. Having this lost artifact retrieved from the past as an essential tool to stop (insert Villain) from ruling time or the universe sounds much better.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!