Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2012

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I put up ALL of the new answers from Toyguru! There are alot of them!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Here is the cool thing about Filmation Hordak, and why I wish they would reconsider... his head looks like a metal helmet! It has sharp lines and features, and a smooth, polished look to it. His red eyes look like glass lenses. Compare it to the toy's head, which has fleshy bumps and a more organic look to it. All Mattel would have to do is call him Battle Armor Hordak, and say that he is wearing a metal helmet (hey, Horde Prime gets a helmet!) I don't think any fan would have a hard time buying that as an explanation for his different look.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 22, 2012 at 11:58pm.

A bunch of new answers are up! That SDCC answer about the line-up being the most diverse it's ever been is encouraging!

Hmmm, they dodged the minimasters question.
    That could be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That SDCC answer about the line-up being the most diverse it's ever been is encouraging!
    Let's hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Let's hope.
    Well I would think with the impending announcement of

movie rights
    it would be an even bigger pool to draw from.
    (that's pure speculation by the way mods).

To manage expectations, we do NOT have rights to the 1987 movie and will not be announcing this at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    To manage expectations, we do NOT have rights to the 1987 movie and will not be announcing this at SDCC.
    Expectations managed!

I wouldnt mind seeing a movie figure like Saurod or Blade though. At the moment the movie figures are the only ones unused in MOTUC.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    A bunch of new answers are up! That SDCC answer about the line-up being the most diverse it's ever been is encouraging!
    I did see that answer and it makes me VERY excited!

That's too bad. Also, thank you for answering my question about Sir Laser-Lot's gem and the DC Comics. Wish he had the translucent gem, but I understand (the cost thing since they all didn't fit into the same tool). It's better than losing accessories, like Spector and Draego-Man did.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you Scott for clarifying that, now people will stop speculating.

Heroic Warrior
    Good, I don't get why people want figures from that abysmal film yet slam nearly every new creation? It's like no one has ever watched that movie?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Good, I don't get why people want figures from that abysmal film yet slam nearly every new creation? It's like no one has ever watched that movie?
    I can understand people wanting a Karg figure, etc. I can't say I have much love for the movie characters, but it's a shame Mattel doesn't have the rights to all of them.

It's encouraging to hear that the SDCC line-up will be very diverse! Here's hoping for Great Rebellion and/or Filmation figures!

This makes me very sad.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I agree with the part about that movie being just awful... That and New Adventures are the two MOTU products that I choose to ignore. Having said that, the NA characters look pretty sweet in MOTUC and as a completist I have them (and am glad that I do). I actually like having them tied into this line. I know the movie characters would look pretty good in MOTUC as well -- especially Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    It's encouraging to hear that the SDCC line-up will be very diverse! Here's hoping for Great Rebellion and/or Filmation figures!
    Hear hear! I expect one POP character. Beyond that, I doubt we'll see any more.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    I agree with the part about that movie being just awful... That and New Adventures are the two MOTU products that I choose to ignore. Having said that, the NA characters look pretty sweet in MOTUC and as a completist I have them (and am glad that I do). I actually like having them tied into this line. I know the movie characters would look pretty good in MOTUC as well -- especially Blade.
    To me there are only a few figure worthy characters in the movie, 3 of them are already available (Saurod, Blade, and Gwildor). So that really only leaves Karg, and the Skeletor Stormtroopers IMO. Are the movie rights really worth it for 2 items? And I know someone's going to come on here and rave about movie He-Man, Skeletor, MAA, Teela, and Evil Lyn but do we really need even more variants to take up slots than can't be that requested? And then someone is going to say Kevin, Julie, and Lubic which would be the lamest figures ever for this line.

And then someone is going to say Kevin, Julie, and Lubic which would be the lamest figures ever for this line.
    Detective Lubic in Eternian robes is the 2013 sub exclusive figure!! ......

I wouldn't want extra movie figures as well. Having King He-Man look similar to the movie version with a cape and longer hair or something as a special nod would be cool though.
    I think we will definitely get Gwildor soon in MOTUC. Makes sense to have him made already as he is heavily involved in laying down the groundwork for "Agent Time-X" (spector) to become who he is. Plus Gwildor's death will sure be an "interesting" read, I am sure. Whatever needs to be done to give us a new Gwildor, let it be done Mattel. Secret accessory: bucket o' chicken!

I REALLY do like the part of the SDCC lineup being diverse!! That's music to my ears! A symphony would be if we get Filmation Hordak with matching Filmation head.
    Last edited by Count Judas; June 25, 2012 at 05:39am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

checking out the matty forums, and saw this on the DC side. Glad to see that the same level of excellence is applied to all brands he manages when answering these questions.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2301007167

The poster clearly states he has contacted CS at least 7 times, and TG's answer is "contact CS"
    It's these answers that upset fans and are turning them on Mattel.

J

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    checking out the matty forums, and saw this on the DC side. Glad to see that the same level of excellence is applied to all brands he manages when answering these questions.

The poster clearly states he has contacted CS at least 7 times, and TG's answer is "contact CS"

J
    He's the brand manager and should not give a response like that. It ultimately comes back on him - everything to do with the lines he manages.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior

J
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He's the brand manager and should not give a response like that. It ultimately comes back on him - everything to do with the lines he manages.
    And I completely disagree, he is the brand manager not the shipping, order, customer service manager. Ask the question in the Member Feedback Forum. He doesn't have access to individual orders, I don't get why people don't understand this? It clearly states- PLEASE DON’T POST ISSUES WITH INDIVIDUAL ORDERS. For order help, please call 1-877-GO-MATTY or email mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

Well, that's one less DC subscription.

The poster probably thought TG could do something where Customer Service has failed numerous times. I agree with RockinHard and bigsexy. TG should be trying to keep fans, not drive them off! If anything, TG should have posted the Escalation Department's number.

People are going to remember all of these things when it's time to purchase the 2013 subscriptions.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 26, 2012 at 01:35pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

J
    THat's it? No "ask to be connected to the escalation department" or anything other than telling him to do what he's done 7 times with no success?

Used to be the Matty Mods or admins could be of some help to the desperate who've lost all hope; I guess even that's not an avenue any more.

Does sound like the DC sub is running into problems right out of the gate; I know our own Dr. Kain has already been told he's not getting his Atrocitus in a Fisto like bungle by DR....
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well, that's one less DC subscription.

The poster probably thought TG could do something where Customer Service has failed numerous times. If anything, TG should have posted the Escalation Department's number.
    Very few would disagree with this.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Skeletor and Evil Lyn were FANTASTIC in the movie. I don't care about rights to Kevin, Julie, Lubbock etc, but Blade and saurod were sweet designs! And if I'm not mistaken Mattel CAN make blade and saurod because they were toys.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 26, 2012 at 01:50pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure