View Poll Results: Should Horde Prime be an Older Hordak who has travelled back through time?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Horde Prime should be an older version of Hordak

12 15.38%
  • NO - Horde Prime should be Hordak's brother

50 64.10%
  • Something else - see below

16 20.51%

Thread: Horde Prime = "Older" Hordak?

Horde Prime = "Older" Hordak?

Personally I never liked the idea that there was a Big Bad above Hordak and I do not really like it that in MOTUC canon Horde Prime could be Hordak's older brother.

BUT

With all the time travel that has been introduced into MOTUC - what do you think of the idea that Horde Prime is not really the brother but actually Hordak himself, who only poses as his older brother?

When Skeletor defeats Hordak, Skeletor could throw Hordak through a time portal that leads to ancient times, where Hordak than takes the disguise of his own brother to lead the Horde Empire for centuries and prepare it for the arrival of NA Skaletor and NA He-Man. Think about the reveal that could happen, when our He-Ro realizes that this Horde Prime is actually an "Older" Hordak who's full of revenge and anger!

What do you think?

I agree in that I also don't like there being another above Hordak. I do see Horde Prime as a distinctly different character, though. But, being the Horde leader of a different era is a very cool idea and great way around the "Think he's bad? Wait'll you see his boss!" concept that I don't like.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like what's already been established.

If Hordak is the worst the Horde has to offer, He-Man and Skeletor don't have much to worry about.

Horde Prime is kind of like the Emperor from Star Wars. Palpatine doesn't make Lord Vader any less of a bad-ass and I feel the same about Horde Prime and Hordak.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

If Hordak is the worst the Horde has to offer, He-Man and Skeletor don't have much to worry about.

Horde Prime is kind of like the Emperor from Star Wars. Palpatine doesn't make Lord Vader any less of a bad-ass and I feel the same about Horde Prime and Hordak.
    That Emperor connection is EXACTLY how I always thought Horde Prime to be.

This leads to the question What is fully established in the Motu universe? Filmation has a history, the minicomics have another history, Other comics have another history. MYP has his own version. And now TG is trying to blend it altogether in the bios. Obviously there are a few things that remain the same in all stories. But going back to Horde Prime, I do not know the origin of the UK comic version, but in Filmation POP, as far as I remember, he is some kind of Galactic lider of the Horde, while (blue) Hordak is just governing Etheria and dealing with a bunch of rebels. In that case I prefer MYP Hordak. And Horde Prime being Hordak himself from the future makes sense to me. Also explains why he has his face covered

I'm okay with the idea of HP beeing Hordak's brother, as long as Hordak kills him to become the one and only ruthless leader of the Horde.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    I'm okay with the idea of HP beeing Hordak's brother, as long as Hordak kills him to become the one and only ruthless leader of the Horde.
    This is exactly what I think!
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    I have always hated the 'bigger, badder villain' concept...

Hordak being the teacher/trainer of Skeletor, diminished Skeletor.... Horde Prime ruling Hordak, diminished Hordak... King Hiss ruled the entire planet (and more)... diminshed them all..

Somehow, He-man's #1 bad guy and Arch-enemy has found himself at the bottom of the evil pyramid here...

PERSONALLY, I would consider Horde Prime to be "Battlefield Hordak'

So right:

Horde Prime: Emperor
    Hordak: Darth Vader

So easy but simple.....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have always hated the 'bigger, badder villain' concept...

Hordak being the teacher/trainer of Skeletor, diminished Skeletor.... Horde Prime ruling Hordak, diminished Hordak... King Hiss ruled the entire planet (and more)... diminshed them all..

Somehow, He-man's #1 bad guy and Arch-enemy has found himself at the bottom of the evil pyramid here...

PERSONALLY, I would consider Horde Prime to be "Battlefield Hordak'
    Well seemingly so, but this is the way I rationalize this...

He's only at the bottom of the chain (right now) cause he is the latest Baddie in the playground as the others have been around for quite some time. He has YET to come into his own and as these past evils arise, Skeletor lays 'deep in the cut' for his moment of time!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I've already gotten used to HP being Hordak's older brother. Their relationship ought to be mutual respect same as the Emperor and Darth Vader. Cowering in fear did really hurt Hordak's credibility as a villain in the Filmation series. He would make Etherian peasants and the rebels squrim in his hand but wouldn't dare to try anything on Horde Prime.

...of course not? Weird poll. Horde Prime is Hordak's brother (more or less).

I still like to think of him as the elder gray sorcerer from 200x MYP to the younger blue Tech Filmation. It's elvolved to maybe the gray evolved into the blue tech with that techno virus ala somone's inspired suggestion. But I still see him as the elder.

Like Button!!!

Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I'd like to think Horde Prime was the head of the Horde when Hordak first invaded Preternia, but has long since died while Hordak and his legion were trapped in Despondos. Maybe there are different Horde generals who set up there own fiefdoms from the remnants of the Horde Empire in the 5000 years that passed.

I never liked HORDE PRIME, because it felt like they were eventually going to say, "Oh wait, even he's not the worst; wait 'til you see HORDE ULTIMATE PRIME FIRST-CLASS SUPERBAD SUPREME OMEGA VON BADASS." I think the whole, "there's always someone bigger and badder," angle is crap. But when I heard that HORDE PRIME was supposed to be HORDAK's brother, I came up with the idea that PRIME was still the ruler when they kidnapped ADORA (that's why HORDAK looked more like a Horde General in Secret of the Sword), but has since killed his older brother and taken over. I don't like to completely change or ignore even the concepts I don't like, but I do sometimes rewrite things to make them a little less lame.

So they remain two different characters for me, but also ruled at different times.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Horde Prime is an ancient dime-god whose spirit was split into. one part was trapped in the shakarran crystal the other as a body-less spirit ruling over the horde empire on horde world.
    that clears up the 200x mvc comic & how we seen prime from filmation. the uk comic is how he was before being destroyed & his spirit torn into.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Perfectly put. I agree with this 100 %.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I think Horde Prime is Hordak. After his last defeat on Eternia, he actually retreats and makes it finally back to Horde World and finally 're-builds' himself and begins to conquer the 5 Dimensions. ().
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Come on with these time travellers sigh.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    For me HP has always been the man at the top, I had the UK 3rd sword comic long before i saw the Filmation version.

I did adapt him and Hordak a little though.
    HordePrime = top of the pyramid, the overall ruler and creator of the Horde
    Hordak = A title rather than a name, "Horde" meaning of the Horde and "Ak" from the Horde word "General". There are 4 of these high ranking warriors each sent to a different corner of the Universe.
    None of these 4 are related to each other or HordePrime. Each recruits the own Horde army, including one or more "Hordelagg". "Lagg" from the Horde word meaning "Lieutenant". Keldor was to be Kur's Hordelagg before he betrayed him.

"In my canon".. one day another Hordak will arrive after completly taking over his corner of the Universe, then Kur will be in trouble...
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    That Emperor connection is EXACTLY how I always thought Horde Prime to be.
    This is especially noteworthy now that we know Horde Prime had all the Cosmic Enforcers annihilated.

I'm not really keen on the idea of Horde Prime being old man Hordak.

I rather envision that Horde Prime indeed originally was Hordak's brother, but more of a religious figure. Whereas Hordak rules the armies, Horde Prime spreads their "philosophy" throughout the galaxy, keeping the interstellar empire together through their "religion" of absolute dominion.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."