View Poll Results: Do You like the new Dragon's Head for Dragon Blaster Skeletor?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I like it.

85 51.83%
  • No. I don't Like it.

79 48.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Blaster Skeletor Dragon Head. Do you like it?

Dragon Blaster Skeletor Dragon Head. Do you like it?

Do you like this Head for Dragon blaster Skeletor's dragon's head??
    Crap.jpg
    Many people on the reveal thread are saying they don't. Here's my post from there with my thoughts....

The best iteration of him was the cardback art..
    Attachment 76496
    Looked like the toy, but more realistic and less cartoony. Now we have this one,
    Attachment 76499
    that is more cartoony and doesn't look like the toy. This one also looks better,
    Attachment 76497
    as does this one.
    Attachment 76498
    and they both still look like the toy.

But the real reason it looks goofy, is because it does look unrealistic. Not because it is a dragon, but because there is no way the dragon could open or close his mouth with all of those teeth, especially the ones in the back, as they are too close together, and the ones in the back are the worst part of the problem,as eluded to by this post..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    The toy's mouth was V-shaped, which looks way more realistic than that square row of teeth
    Attachment 76479
    That is why I will be getting a hold of another original head and modding it like this.
    Attachment 76500

It may be goofy, but at least it looks like the original, and is not biologically and mechanically impossible. Besides that, I don't think the MOTUC one looks that great even as a surreal art piece. If the horsemen did sculpt this, it is one of the few times I have been let down. I liked Leech's head, It was just too big for the regular buck. Clawfull's head at least looked vintage. I don't understand this one at all.

I LOVE the dragon head. Can't expect a Draego man clone. On the flip side TG said the head will fit on other bucks so those that don't like it could probably swap it. --Edit-- I think I confused a different poster for TG, so maybe it's not, but I'm sure you brilliant customizers will find away.
    Last edited by He-Dad; June 7, 2012 at 03:26am. Reason: accuracy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I LOVE the dragon head. Can't expect a Draego man clone. On the flip side TG said the head will fit on other bucks so those that don't like it could probably swap it.
    I'm glad you like it, and hope a lot of others do to, as I am sure it is way too late to change it.

Swapping the head. Even the vintage head didn't look that goofy.

I like it! Head all full of teeth. Pretty freaky!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I happen to not mind it at all.

But I do hope the chest and abs are skin tone, not painted or molded magenta, I want to see this as a Vintage accurate Skeletor buck.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm not crazy about it. ...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I happen to not mind it at all.

But I do hope the chest and abs are skin tone, not painted or molded magenta, I want to see this as a Vintage accurate Skeletor buck.
    I agree. It seems to me(since I don't like the head) the coolest part of this release is a new skeletor buck. I wish he had new feet to match the shins. Those duck feet only match the 8-back card back, nothing else.

I don't understand why his mouth isn't fixed open like he's seen almost everywhere else. Seems like the most obvious design choice. :/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I can't answer this question yet. I am 99% certain the 4H sculpted it with a closed mouth so it didn't end up with round tusks instead of teeth.

What it comes down to for me is, if the dragon can stand/sit or otherwise keep itself upright without Skeletor, then I love it. If not...it's lame.

I want the dragon to be a character and not just some backpack with teeth.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Yes, I like it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    I don't understand why his mouth isn't fixed open like he's seen almost everywhere else. Seems like the most obvious design choice. :/
    I would agree it would seem hard to "Blast" Something with that closed tight toothy head.

Heroic Warrior
    LOL at all of the hate. Total love from me for this one... such a nice figure and really making 2012 much, much better. Might be enough goodwill left for 2013 after all.

It could be better, but I don't hate it.

I believe its design could have been much better, making it a modern version of the vintage action figure (as it should be) "classicized" with an open, even semi opened mouth..giving him the proper look of its own name DRAGON BLASTER, not much blasting to be done with all those teeth He still looks good, just not WOW, Great for me.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I would have preferred the Dragon to be more vintage accurate, but I still think the new Dragon looks awesome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm neutral about it. Not instant like, but not instant yikes either.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I think for me, I love it because it's so cartoon-like. It's got a menacing toothy smile that just makes him look that much more evil to me. It gives the dragon a personality, which the vintage one didn't really have to me. Don't get me wrong, the vintage DB was my favorite, but the dragon was just a cool back pack that shot water to me as a kid. This looks more like an evil living creature that has a story of his own. It could have looked a little more like the mini comic of even the Filmation dragons, sure. But to me he's awesome just the way he is.

yes. It is completely fine and on design.

I cannot imagine why anyone who liked the original toy could possibly complain about it.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I have to agree with what darkmoon wrote. I dont understand why the sculptor didnt use some vintage art as outline.Maybe im so dissapointed cause that was my very first MotU figure and i had high expactations.Normally i love what what the horsemen are doing.
    Last edited by JimPansen; June 7, 2012 at 04:18am.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm still excited to be adding him to my collection; I just wish the 4H had been a little more inspired by the original "cardback" art on this one. I loved his classic Chinese Water Dragon look and was really hoping to see it in MOTUC.

My first impression was I didn't like it, but its grown on me a little already though I still would have preferred a head closer to the mini-comic (so I just hope TIN makes one ) its mainly just the teeth I'm not keen on, but its better then the original and better the Leech's head IMO.
    Last edited by 13977; June 7, 2012 at 04:37am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Won't squirt but I like it anyway.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I dont like it..... But I am getting 4 !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    80% I like it...20% I don't like it
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!