View Poll Results: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REBOOT VS THUNDERCATS REBOOT

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REBOOT!!!

17 68.00%
  • THUNDERCATS REBOOT!!!

8 32.00%

Thread: Power & Thunder #4 (Masters Of The Universe Reboot VS Thundercats Reboot)

Power & Thunder #4 (Masters Of The Universe Reboot VS Thundercats Reboot)

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REBOOT

VS

THUNDERCATS REBOOT

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Sorry, I just don't like the 200X cartoon at all, and the toyline....I would walk through toy aisles and avoid those things. But I do love the Filmation cartoon, despite the fact it has as much body reuse as the toylines, and the fact everyone sounds like Man-At-Arms, I just love it.

Now I don't think The Thundercats toys are all they could be....but I do love the new show, as well as the original.

And while on the subject of reboots....I seriously can't even attempt to watch that new Voltron animation....ugh....is that even still on, I don't get the channel?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

While I wish the writers of the Thundercats Reboot used the francise's villains better, I like it. While MYP was better at that with their Reboot, I just wasn't a fan.

Thundercats Reboot for me.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I voted for MOTU by default.

My love for the MOTU franchise was enough for me to look past the redesigns that I thought were horrible for the most part. Even though I disliked some of the story that unfolded in MYP, overall I enjoyed it because it was MOTU.

I don't have the same love for ThunderCats, so the new redesigns that I think are horrible are enough to keep me away. I don't doubt some of the new ThunderCats episodes may have a decent story to them, but I'm not interested enough to check them out. I bought the new classic Lion-O and Tygra figures and was going to get any others they released but now with them changing the scale, they probably lost another customer.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Thundercats reboot because 1. The 200X He-man series had so many flaws (like Orko sounding too much like Double D from Ed, Edd, n Eddy), 2. Even though I wasn't a fan of the original Thundercats, I actually like how they did this (not making Snarf talk, Wilykit and Wilykat actually being played by kids, the Lion-o/Tygra/Cheetara love triangle, etc.).

Another wash for me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Oh Thundercats; no question for me. The 200X toon didn't get good until the second season. By the middle of the first season I wasn't even paying full attention to the screen while it was on; the fights were SO boring and the weapon spinning was ridiculous. It was like they saw the worst batch of anime ever and said "OH that's the good stuff, right?" If they wanted anime influences, they should have watched the ones with fantastic fight sequences. 'Course like I said; the second season is when it really got interesting! It's just that Thundercats has me watching and paying attention with every episode so far - right from the start. So I gotta choose Thundercats, even if I'm more of a MotU fan.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm going to have to give the MYP MOTU toon another viewing some day. While I didn't love it when it first aired(I felt their version of He-Man was bland & a glorified sidekick on his on show), they did get some things right that the new Thundercats show didn't(it handled its villains & story progression a lot better IMO).

JOIN THE GROUP...

MOTU, but I loved the new Thundercats almost as much.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I loved the 200X series (as you can see by many of my older posts), it helped to expand the mythos and give weight to the stories (whispers, hints) that had been lingering for many years.

The story telling in The Price of Deceit, The Power of Grayskull and History is some of the best in the genre for it's time. and that doesn't even speak to the revelations in the first few minutes of the pilot. Keldor, Miro, Cap. Randor, Kronis.... EPIC stuff.

All that said? Thundercats 2012 is easily twice the show that MOTU 200X was. The seismic shift in the premise, with the 'Cats on the run, is a tired, over used plot device IMO, but it just WORKED because it was such a departure from the vintage plot.

I was never a "fan" of TC in the 80's, I watched the cartoon allong with the rest of the Rankin/Bass animation but didn't collect the figures and I was a devout MOTU fan/collector so it seems strange that I would feel this way but, it is what it is.

I think they are both very good shows. I went with Thundercats. I think I actually like it better than the original.