View Poll Results: Who is better between He-man and Lion-O

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-man

17 89.47%
  • Lion-O

2 10.53%

Thread: He-man VS Thundercats characters #1: Who is the best hero? (He-man or Lion-O)

Heroic Warrior

He-man VS Thundercats characters #1: Who is the best hero? (He-man or Lion-O)

Who will win? Personally He-man would win.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He-Man wins.

He-Man's Sword of Power would deflect anything that Lion-O's Sword of Omens would fire at him. In a sword duel, the Sword of Omens can be broken, the eye could be blinded. The Power Sword has no such weaknesses. As far as melee goes, He-Man is too dominant. This is a guy who brawled with Superman.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The better hero? Lion-O. He-Man had all his powers handed to him on a silver platter. Lion-O had to struggle to earn his right as leader of his forces. It's easy to be brave and fearless when you're invulnerable. It's another thing to be brave and fearless when you don't have fabulous secrets to aid you in combat.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 10, 2012 at 09:30am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Lion-O, for one reason, he is not only the leader of his group of heroes, he's also the leader of what remains of his race. He is Superman and King Randor wrapped in one. As of now He-Man doesn't have that responsibility, yet. He's just the prince. Lion-O is the leader of his race and it's greatest hero.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The better hero? Lion-O. He-Man hand all his powers handed to him on a silver platter. Lion-O had to struggle to earn his right as leader of his forces. It's easy to be brave and fearless when you're invulnerable. It's another thing to be brave and fearless when you don't have fabulous secrets to aod you in combat.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Lion-O, for one reason, he is not only the leader of his group of heroes, he's also the leader of what remains of his race. He is Superman and King Randor wrapped in one. As of now He-Man doesn't have that responsibility, yet. He's just the prince. Lion-O is the leader of his race and it's greatest hero.
    Ditto

He-Man easily.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

He-Man easily but Lion-O does have better hair.

I like them both, but think He-Man would win
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

While I appreciate what Lion-O has been through and what he stands for as a figurehead, role model, and leader to his species I don't think he would be a match for He-Man. Lion-O may have the edge in speed,agility, and maybe even combat prowess, but he does not have the power of grayskull. He-man easily breaks ropes and cables used to ensnare him, like the ones from Lion-O's gauntlet. He-Man regularly crushes magical artifacts, punches through solid stone, rends metal like paper, lifts mountain tops etc.. This fight is too one-sided in my opinion unless we limit the power of grayskull. Both heroes have magic swords that in some way do a lot of their work for them but neither was very experienced at heroics originally I mean Adam was a prince so his life was probably somewhat sheltered and on the MYP cartoon he was a teenager. Lion-O grew up in stasis on a spaceship, or we could go with his more recent cartoon which makes him a prince much the same if not a bit more athletic than Adam. All in all while similar He-man takes the win whether Lion-O likes it or not. Lion-o has fought bigger and stronger opponents than himself but not brute strength of He-mans calibre.