Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Spikor and Laser-Lot carded and bios

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Maybe when they reverse-engineered the cosmic key, they didn't take into account the quantum variables with the miniature version. It was too small to protect an entire person without a special unitard. The bigger the cosmic key, the less spandex you need to wear.

And Sir Lazer-Lot's armor is so magical that it can protect him while being yanked from the past, via time portal.

I'm so glad the bios have no meaning in my canon.

LOL!!!! @ SPECTORMOBILE...
    Lol good point. Gwildor needs a figure so bad at this point. It's lame we have 2 cosmic keys and still no adorable inventor.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Since the movie is included in this canon, at least I thought it did, the cosmic key allowed people to travel through time without a suit. So there seems to be some over explaining going on here with TMS.
    maybe the suit is a type of safety mechanism. So only the person who has the suit can go through time and not random people around him?

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Spectormobile...

I suppose that if his name was John Smith he would use the Smithmobile. We keep going down with quality in what we have to accept as canon from the manufacturer. Honestly I don't know what to think, was it a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Spectormobile (his Hot Wheels car?) he's making stuff up as questions arise to his contradicting bios....he should make bio blogs instead to explain some things.

The image of TMS and SLL in a tight vortex suit keeping warm as they fling through time is a much better description (in my mind than him driving a bootleg Delorean time mobile.
    It sounds like someone might have been getting squirmy at the suggestion of the two of them sharing the time-travelling spandex sheath together...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Kidnapped baby = Secret of the Sword part two. Her life is basically repeating. Repetition is a literary technique. I think it works. Who knows, maybe Sea Hawk and Adora/She-Ra are still in Primus fighting the mutants?

Also, Scott answered how Sir Laser-Lot got to the future:

I have to say, I giggled @ the Spectormobile.

Sweet Dancing Jehova!!!!

HIRE A FREAKING REAL WRITER!!!!!!!

This is so far beyond awful, a new word needs to be invented.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think you guys are expecting the worst, but it's not as bad as it seems. It is true...the new character's bios DO expand the world of MOTU.

Draego-Man introduces the Great Black Wizard, Granamyr and the Dragons of Darksmoke as another faction in the Great Wars.
    Mighty Spector introduces the era of King He-Man to the MOTUC mythos.
    Sir Laser-Lot introduces Dare and the Time Agents.
    this is exactly what I love about the 30th new bios. Just wonderful and inventive and interesting. Growing the property into the future. Making inroads to new stories, new directions. A future.

I couldnt be happier. Yet again I am completely on board with what Mattel is doing. Such a great time to be a fan. Best time since original release.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Sweet Dancing Jehova!!!!

Big Country = straight talking
    Splendid!

So Gwildor, Sorceress, Man-At-Arms and who knows who else dies and yet these new (and frankly mediocre) characters not only survive but get to travel in time so they can appear in just about any part of the franchise from Preternia to the days of He-Ro Son of He-Man?

Thank God Etheria's another planet.

So you think Etheria is safe from death? Toyguru can kill anyone.

When toyguru reveals Mary Spector, Mighty Spector Junior, and Hoppy the Spector Bunny in the Spector Family mini-sub next year, some of them will be sent to destroy Etheria and Primus.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    When toyguru reveals Mary Spector, Mighty Spector Junior, and Hoppy the Spector Bunny in the Spector Family mini-sub next year, some of them will be sent to destroy Etheria and Primus.
    You just reminded me of this

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I was kinda warming up to SLL but this latest MAA development leaves a sour taste of Fanboy/Mary-Sueness in my mouth...
    UGH
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    These bios are getting more ridiculous as the line goes on. Sir Laser Lot becomes the ne MAA??? What about Clamp Champ? Doesnt HE become the new MAA?
    Mattel really need some better writers. And that is MY HONEST OPINION
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

A Spectormobile!?!?!? Bwaaaaaahahahaha! C'mon!!??

And I think SLL looks better with the furries on the cross sell art...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Sweet Dancing Jehova!!!!

he really should have just stuck with the origin to current status and powers for the bio's.

just look at demo-man's bio. it tells us nothing about who or what demo-man is. it just talks about skeletor and oh yeah, he was combined with this guy named demo-man to become skeletor.

ETA: ok, someone correct me if i'm going down the right path, but when does he-man become king? cause if he's not king when MAA dies, but he is king when he gets SLL to be the replacement MAA, then does he-man become king closely after MAA dies? Is that the result of the BG or is He-man already king during the BG? And it sounds like king he-man already has a son when he gets SLL. when did this happen? before BG? ..........and i've gone cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    he really should have just stuck with the origin to current status and powers for the bio's.

just look at demo-man's bio. it tells us nothing about who or what demo-man is. it just talks about skeletor and oh yeah, he was combined with this guy named demo-man to become skeletor.

ETA: ok, someone correct me if i'm going down the right path, but when does he-man become king? cause if he's not king when MAA dies, but he is king when he gets SLL to be the replacement MAA, then does he-man become king closely after MAA dies? Is that the result of the BG or is He-man already king during the BG? And it sounds like king he-man already has a son when he gets SLL. when did this happen? before BG? ..........and i've gone cross-eyed.
    well after MAA dies, CC becomes the new Man At Arms, but we really dont know how long CC is the MAA before SLL becomes the new MAA, heck there could be a few more MAA in between them
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Spectormobile?

If this is a joke, it was made because Scott cannot explain his own story.

If it isn't a joke, it is because Scott's story is terrible - & getting worse.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Spectormobile (his Hot Wheels car?) he's making stuff up as questions arise to his contradicting bios....he should make bio blogs instead to explain some things.
    I understand TG always says the main reason for the bios is to open the door to more characters, that's fine and dandy like sour candy, but good heavens! I wish he'd stop trying to justify plot holes with even sillier plot points (that end up creating more plot holes)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Spectormobile?

If this is a joke, it was made because Scott cannot explain his own story.

If it isn't a joke, it is because Scott's story is terrible - & getting worse.
    Its a joke, b/c people get way to upset about small burbs on the back of action figure cards.

Its MOTU, it can be whatever you want it to be

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Its MOTU, it can be whatever you want it to be
    In my canon (TM) Spector is Beastman's gimp.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Is the 30th Anniversary going through the same thing NA did, namely "That's not He-Man and the MOTU"?

NA tried to move the story forward and stalled. There was not a lot of brand recognition with what was being marketed and few recognizeable characters that fit in with the established lore.

Then, if I understand correctly, 200x got its foot in the door. Then rather then expand the character base with unreleased 200x characters, released unpopular variants of already existing characters. Whereas NECA was well received with its stactions of established yet unreleased characters.

I am not ringing a death knell, but I do think it is interesting when looking at the various lines one can pick out successes. What was well received and what stalled. While appreciation may be there in hind-sight (NA) and support for the artisitc visions of the 4H is normally positive, new characters or variants of characters intended to move the story forward aren't immediately well-received.

Yet there are still successes such as Drago-Man. A new character who was well received. He didn't necessarily move a story forward, he was established into the existing narrative.

Would it have been better if Dare was in the 30th anniversary line and introduced himself in his own bio vs in SLL's in order to move the story forward? Maybe, that's not the decision that was made so we'll never know.

Mattel knows how to successfully manage brands that have longevity, but even those brands miss the mark sometimes when trying to move the story forward. While Barbie's friends may change, they still fill the vacant role with a near identical substitute that will move forward and keep what works. They also ditch what doesn't, like when she dumped Ken. *edit* when I say that I mean they got rid of the new bf and brought Ken back because it made dollars sense**

**Have you heard about the new divorcee Barbie?**

She comes with all of Ken's things.

I'm over my initial SLL bio revulsion. Do I think there was a better way to move the story forward and celebrate the 30th Anniversary? Yes. Has Mattel still made a profit with the direction they've taken? Yes. Am I the brand manager and ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the line thus making or tarnishing my reputation for years to come? No.
    Last edited by slackrguy; June 14, 2012 at 01:45pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    well after MAA dies, CC becomes the new Man At Arms, but we really dont know how long CC is the MAA before SLL becomes the new MAA, heck there could be a few more MAA in between them
    Oh, i see my mistake now. sll doesn't REPLACE maa. he just becomes the new maa.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    ok laser lot becomes the new MAA

damn i said spector was the tip of the iceberg in the mary sue crap
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    In my canon (TM) Spector is Beastman's gimp.
    LOL well he does have the harness and mask for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    Oh, i see my mistake now. sll doesn't REPLACE maa. he just becomes the new maa.
    yeah it reads too confusing, they fact TG is using Man at arms as a real title and we know Duncan as MAA, its makes it too cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    It sounds like someone might have been getting squirmy at the suggestion of the two of them sharing the time-travelling spandex sheath together...

You forgot to add slippery in there! But seriously, When he comes up with more "details" for things. They come out being even worse! Why not just have the magical stone he wears can protect him from the elements from venturing into the time vortex? I swear I can think of 200 vocal people here who can come up with a better way to come up with how to write these bios.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban