Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Draego-Man become a new faction LEADER?

Heroic Warrior

Should Draego-Man become a new faction LEADER?

With the reveal of Dragon Blaster Skeletor, I began to think about some of the images I have seen on here with Draego-Man and other dragon characters from other lines in people's collections.

When I got Draego-Man, I really didn't know where to put him in my collection. I didn't want him in Skeletor's clan. I finally put him with King Hsss and the Snake Men because the original dragons fought against Snake Men, so if Draego-Man was shunned by the original dragons, it made sense he would side with an enemy of the dragons. Also, he just looked right with them.

Now that we have Dragon Blaster Skeletor, who enslaves a dragon, I see in the future Draego-Man embracing his dragon heritage eventually and coming back to Darksmoke to try to enslave/rule/liberate/lead them as "payback" to the original dragons. I see him also at odds with Skeletor now. He is also at odds with King Grayskull's descendants.

So, do any of you support the idea for Draego-Man to be leader of a new faction? It would be interesting to see him leading an army against Skeletor, Hordak, King Hsss and He-Man/She-Ra!

Draego-Man's Bio:
    During the Great Wars, the Dragons of Darksmoke fought in many epic battles against King Grayskull and the Snake Men. A magical half human/half dragon creation of the Great Black Wizard, Draego-Man was shunned by Granamyr and allied himself instead with the Free People of Eternia. After the truce of the Three Towers, Draego-Man became so disgusted with the humans that he isolated himself from all civilization, living as an outcast in the Caverns of Rakash. After several millennia of bitter retreat, Draego-Man discovered Skeletor's plans to enslave his dragon kin and use them as weapons against the Royal Palace. He returned from hiding to join Skeletor's Evil Warriors seeking revenge against all who betrayed him. Draego-Man uses his flame breath and ability to manipulate fire to battle for the side of evil!

Heroic Warrior
    I feel the same way. Draegoman is too cool to be a henchmen. In my canon he joins forces other factions when its his best interest only to leave when the ordeal is done.

Nah, I don't want to use him as a faction leader. He seems like a angry loner to me. I mean, he'll help out Skeletor in stuff that he feels concerns him, but otherwise I imagine him to be angry, self-centered, and bascially a powder keg. He won't be starting any wars or rallying troops, but you DON'T wana run into this guy - period. Anything'll set him off.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    Should Draego-Man become a new faction LEADER?
    Nope......
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I brought this up when he first came up. I'd totally be on board. He's WAY to cool to just be a henchmen. I'd love him to be the leader of a a bunch of Dragon Men like King Hiss leads the Snake Men.

No. We have loads of factions to get through. I don't need another yet. Let's get some more GR, Horde and NA characters first.

Besides, what gap would he and his followers fill?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    NO, he is cool been unique. There is no more "drago-men" in MOTUC canon.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I do think he is too cool to be a henchman but he is not a leader. He would be more of a wolverine type.

I don't believe Draego-Man is loyal to Skeletor at all. I got the impression from his bio that he joined forces with Skeletor in order to free the other Dragons (like the one on Skeletor's back). I can see him gaining Granamyr's acceptance after freeing the dragons and then becoming a General in the dragon ranks under Granamyr...or at least that is how he will be used in my universe.

Heroic Warrior
    I also think, he is too cool to be a normal henchman...

I would make a Fighting Foe Men faction, where he and a few others are warlords. The Fighting Foe Men faction doesn't have to be evil or good, several warriors would go through their own agendas and adventures, but the Foe Men Castle would be the central base of operations.

I would put some other dragon guys, barbarians & other monster warriors in this faction. Maybe some guys from the Berserker Castle, too...

This faction would be nothing like the others, it would be something chaotic and wild, without any real true leader... Just a bunch of wild, angry and noble guys...

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I think that is a very cool idea!!! I had the same problem, I had no idea where to place him on my shelves and when I did he was the center of attention because well...he looks so awesome!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I don't know about a faction leader, but since he is good at turning on formar allies, maybe (with Skeletor's help) during all of the fighting he can invade Darksmoke and and do something provocative, like murder (or enslave)Granamyr. He can then enslave the rest of the dragons, oppress them and magically force them to serve his will. Then turn on Skeletor and fight everybody.

It would be very tragic due to the death of Granamyr and the eventual force that would have to be used to combat the dragons.
    Last edited by Veebs; June 7, 2012 at 12:43pm.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I feel the same way. Draegoman is too cool to be a henchmen. In my canon he joins forces other factions when its his best interest only to leave when the ordeal is done.
    EXACTLY. He IS his own faction. Like Gygor, or Evilseed, he is a force unto himself, and he finds himself aligned with Skeletor more often than not, but really has his own agenda.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Yes he should. Bring on a Draego Man sub.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    EXACTLY. He IS his own faction. Like Gygor, or Evilseed, he is a force unto himself, and he finds himself aligned with Skeletor more often than not, but really has his own agenda.
    This is how I see him as well. In my collection I have him off to the side looking down on everyone. I think he's an independent, alligned only with himself but ready to team up when it suits his ultimate purpose. The wild card factor makes him that much cooler IMO.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    IN MY CANON™, Draego-Man is an independent villain like Count Marzo or Evilseed. I don't picture him with the Evil Warriors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Nah, I don't want to use him as a faction leader. He seems like a angry loner to me. I mean, he'll help out Skeletor in stuff that he feels concerns him, but otherwise I imagine him to be angry, self-centered, and bascially a powder keg. He won't be starting any wars or rallying troops, but you DON'T wana run into this guy - period. Anything'll set him off.
    I agree with Alexx - 100% dead-on.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yes he should. Bring on a Draego Man sub.
    Bahahahahaha!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't know if he would be a cool faction leader. I see him more as a free lance villain (kind of like Webstor in the 200X cartoon). I'd much prefer Marzo or Prahvus as leaders of their own factions...

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    This is how I see him as well. In my collection I have him off to the side looking down on everyone. I think he's an independent, alligned only with himself but ready to team up when it suits his ultimate purpose. The wild card factor makes him that much cooler IMO.
    I too see him as an independent wild card. In my canon!! he's been known to team up with Catra to achieve a common goal. He often teams up with Kobra Khan, who also has his own agenda. And sometimes Draego-man likes to hang out at a quiet pub and enjoy the musical talents of Bow.

Nah. Already got four evil teams, that's enough for me.

I don't really see Draego-Man as ruling a faction of Dragons. They clearly don't like/respect/accept the guy. I do think he looks a little too cool and tough to be just another henchman, but a lot of Skeletor's faction looks a little too cool for flunkiedom, so he's in good company there. That said, the sculpt has a real presence that puts him more in line with characters like Hordak and Hsss to me than say...Clawful. He looks almost regal.

I could see Draego-Man taking over the evil warriors while Skeletor is away or temporarily joining with one faction or another while it suited his needs. More like Marzo.

Heroic Warrior
    No.

I like him on Skeletor's team. I like Skeletor's team having an evil flyer.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Too cool to be a mere henchman. Maybe a stand-alone villain that helps out or join forces with other villains when it suits him.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Draego-Man should team up with Snout Spout.