Thread: Some New Vintage Creations....

Some New Vintage Creations....

Hi All,

Just finished a new batch of customs. I'm a big time filmation fan so that is where I think most of my future customs are going to come from. I've had a lot of great advice on this round of figures from the veteran customizers on the board so thanks all. The Demo Man uses the Hordak head like E-Man's, the Snake Teela is like Tyke's paint job and the accessory snake is like the toyboys version as is the Octavia. Gotta give credit to the guys I'm copying off of.)

Cheers all and enjoy!

demo man.jpgKor.jpgKothos.jpgOctavia.jpgOctavia back.jpg

PS i'll post some photos of my custom collection this weekend, I've put together a good handful of customs from all over so I think its time to share.)
    Last edited by Definitions; June 5, 2012 at 06:42pm.

Snake Teela.jpg

forgot one...

Definitions: you are one of the best vintage customizers that I ever seen. Your figures are awesome. I really want to see your work with classics figures.

They all look very nice. Specially Snake Teela. She looks AWESOME! Her hair makes her look like Medusa!

Snappy Threader
    Wow those are awesome. Great work!

Holy HECK....with some customs, you have taken what's been done before made 110% improvement! With others, you've tackled characters many vintage customizers have avoided to make due to the complexity of the figure! I am so loving this batch of customs it hurts!

You're one of my TRUE favorite vintage customizers! So awesome.

*cracks whip* now go make some more!

See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

These are awesome. My Snake Teela has been thrown back into the fodder box out of frustration that I could not get those lines to look right. You did a good job!!
    My favorites by far are Kor and (especially) Kothos. Not only have I never seen 'em made before, you made them look like they stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon.
    And your Demo-Man... puts mine to shame! Awesome!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback Lord of Caos - im afraid of MOTUC lol so not quite yet but glad you like my vintages.) E-man, you are nuts to think your Demo Man isn't as good mine, yours is deadly and i basically copied it to the letter so you the "e-man"!

I like the Teela too, the hair was pretty fun to make and E I have to agree with the filmation characters in that I think the colors of the cartoon transfer nicely to the figures. Now that Tyke is on my back to make more I guess I will have to keep going.) My goal... and its lofty, is to make/collect all the characters in the filmation series... I have a bunch of customs that I had commissioned from the pro's (Tyke, Mulder, Toyboys, Josephus and Artiste) but am going to try to make some myself. I think this is fun stuff and it's nice to have a group of people to share it with...so thanks everyone, glad to be part of the org forsure. For some reason my wife isn't as in to it as me?!? couldn't imagine why... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Definitions View Post
    For some reason my wife isn't as in to it as me?!? couldn't imagine why... lol
    Yeah I don't get that! My wife, too, think it's just silliness: It's a bunch of muscular men running around in their underwear, lol! OH, well, maybe that says more about us? joking!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

I love the fact that one of Octavia's tentacles is holding a (pretty screen-accurate) sword! That just made my day. She's one of my favs.

Hopefully without sounding too critical, I'm not sure about Snake Teela's cane. The upper portion brings to mind some experiences I've had when over-squishing a tube of toothpaste But overall, I love the details, and that you've given credit to the people that inspired you!

Good call on the cane... i agree as well. I had a bit of extra apoxie sculpt so i just rolled it up and made a snake. Easy fix to shift back and i agree it may be a little much. Thanks for the feedback, all advice is good advice and thats why i posted them.

The octavia sword is from a fisher price viking set... i used the helmet for my vikor so i thought i would throw the sword in the tentacle. Glad you like it!

You are super talented. It's a joy to see them!

These all came out terrific! I love seeing your work, and look forward to your next customs.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    those were cool.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Grrrr..... Def. you made my day and broke it again. Been absent on the org due to work and thinking not to find much vintage customs when loggin in.... And there you go... making a batch off cool customs, now I really need to report sick to work...

You've really made the filmation style yours, keep up the good work and be ready to be copied
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Thanks guys and mulder, sorry to make/ruin your day Copy away, thats what i've done.) i'll post some more when i finish the next batch. Cheers all!

GREAT GREAT works! I love that you made Kothos... I hope he is made for MOTUC

Love Octavia too... very nice work.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.