Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMAA almost gone (now sold out)

SMAA almost gone (now sold out)

Seriously....SMAA is almost gone before Horde Prime?

Maybe for customs, and / or for the extra Palace Guard heads?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 16, 2012 at 03:16pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    bigsexy_j and SCB sold more Snake Man-At-Arms!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yep, those pics with Duncan's head should have come earlier to promote the figure better...

Honestly I decided to cave because, he comes with the comic, and can be used for parts to make other figures.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I believe your right. A PD early review might have made a 1 day sell out. Vendors screwed it up.

But seriously. Heh. The taken for the ass fig no one liked or wanted, selling faster than the others...
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

The comic alone makes opening him up really fun.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    He's pretty much the best offering this month...Horde Prime and the Griffin are okay, but kind of 'meh' at the same time, imo. With the deco changes, they've managed to turn Snake MAA from an epic fail into a pretty nice looking figure. The minicomic seals the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The comic alone makes opening him up really fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    He's pretty much the best offering this month...Horde Prime and the Griffin are okay, but kind of 'meh' at the same time, imo. With the deco changes, they've managed to turn Snake MAA from an epic fail into a pretty nice looking figure. The minicomic seals the deal.
    Had he not had the comic....I would have really passed...but the potential reuse of his parts also makes up for the price.
    Coming....
    Considering....

World's #1 GOAT MAN Fan NastyNate's Avatar
    I bought 2. Im a sucker for 200x variants though. If he would have had an "alternate" no helmet/ponytail head this bad boy would have sold out "Fisto style". Even the arm cannon would have been a plus. The pics here on the org really turned alot of others around too, kinda reminds me of the Battleground Evil Lyn fiasco.
    The Year Of The GOAT Is Upon Us

I think the later added Roboto parts helped a lot, now is nearly identical to the 200x counterpart.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    [80's MOTU commercial announcers voice]MINI COMICS. MINI COMICS. MINI COMICS.[/80's MOTU commercial announcers voice]
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Doesn't suprise me. After seeing Horde Prime's head I decided against him but I'm seriously considering SMAA now for the armor and comic.....guess I better decide soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Doesn't suprise me. After seeing Horde Prime's head I decided against him but I'm seriously considering SMAA now for the armor and comic.....guess I better decide soon.......
    Hang on....see if this helps....

ahem...

(waves hand)

You will buy Snake Man-At-Arms...

Did it work?

Like I said, that is the only 2 main reasons I bought him, the armor & the comic....and the fact I can now make 2 MAA's my Filmation version, and the Vintage version, and I'll still have a robotic looking buck left to use for something else.... I made a custom Warrior head from the Spector Palace Guard head, where I glued the face guard in place, and made a visor, then painted it dark Green, like the original MAA boots, and since he has the furry boots, I can use my painted to match the head PG shin guard, and maybe the Brown Beast Man furry chest armor, and bam....a highly skilled Palace Guard General....or something...
    Coming....
    Considering....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976:3044932
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post

ahem...

(waves hand)

Did it work?

Like I said, that is the only 2 main reasons I bought him, the armor & the comic....and the fact I can now make 2 MAA's my Filmation version, and the Vintage version, and I'll still have a robotic looking buck left to use for something else.... I made a custom Warrior head from the Spector Palace Guard head, where I glued the face guard in place, and made a visor, then painted it dark Green, like the original MAA boots, and since he has the furry boots, I can use my painted to match the head PG shin guard, and maybe the Brown Beast Man furry chest armor, and bam....a highly skilled Palace Guard General....or something...
    Lol...sounds like very cool ideas for customs. Decided to pass..can't justify 30 bucks when I won't use most of the figure. I'll set it aside to go towards my inevitable shadow weaver.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I believe your right. A PD early review might have made a 1 day sell out. Vendors screwed it up.

But seriously. Heh. The taken for the ass fig no one liked or wanted, selling faster than the others...

Scott Said the review samples came in very late so reviews wouldn't have them till after sale day.

I know Pixle Dan will still do his reviews

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

ahem...

(waves hand)

Did it work?

Stop waving your hand around like some Jedi I already got two one from my sub and one from sale day

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Maybe they overproduced on this scaly clunker.........

And made about 5?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post

We don't know how many of each were put up for sale, so there is no way to say it's selling "faster" than anything else in general. Just that they are going through a % of what they decided to sell today. There could have been 10x as many Horde Primes as SMAA put up, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Maybe they overproduced on this scaly clunker.........

And made about 5?
    LOL.

My thought is this : SMAA is a variant, and they seem to hold back significant stock of variants for future sales. My guess is they put a much smaller quantity of SMAA up than Horde Prime. And, let's not forget - "almost gone" is manually applied to a product, just like "sold out". It doesn't mean anything but they decided to slap it up there.

It is surprising to see Horde Prime still up, but I think several factors may lead to that. The "surprise" second head being a surprise is one - people that may have bought more than one for different heads may not even know about it. And, I have to say, the head that does show on the website is pretty lame - he looks like a defrocked rabbit or cartoony insect to me, LOL. Something more out of Thundercats or some other line.

I got him, and I'll be showing his "secret" head and the helmet in his hands, and the head show in the pic...I'll add to my head collection in Shadow Weavers' lab.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The mini comic included mustve helped sell Snake Man-At-Arms. I figured he'd be the last MOTUC figure to sell out this month.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Nah Smaa is the goods. An evil variant of one of the pillars of motu goodness. This is the new Faker, but better than that.
    To me Horde Prime is an obscure plot device, My sub HP is going to be used as a black buck for Stinkor's vintage head w/ the weapons pack gold mer-man armour.

No doubt a ton of folks want a complete mini-comics series.

I think this figure has gotten more hate then it deserves. IMOA i like it and brought one happily. i am a cherry picker too. Faker is a good already mentioned example. a evil version of a heroic main character, these tend to develop cult followings...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Yep, those pics with Duncan's head should have come earlier to promote the figure better...
    Really? People didn't realize this until they saw a review? This statement certainly makes it seem most people have absolutely no imagination or ideas of their own. What else would one do with 200X MAA body except make a BA mechanical suit Duncan!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I bought an extra smaa for use with the extra duncan head I bought a while back. I'm pumped for the arm canon now!!!!

I love it when a general assumption is proven wrong.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Really? People didn't realize this until they saw a review? This statement certainly makes it seem most people have absolutely no imagination or ideas of their own. What else would one do with 200X MAA body except make a BA mechanical suit Duncan!
    I bought the Man-At-Arms ponytail head from Tin.