Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This ends speculation on the sub exclusive issue

I'd like to know how delayed some of the 2012 figures would have been if HP WASN'T put into a monthly slot?

He's pushed back their schedule already, so would someone like Frosta be 2 months late, not 1?

I really hope that Ram-Man isn't the sub exclusive, even with Scott saying it's not he has a checkered past about reveals. Didn't he say just days before NYTF that Frosta isn't planned yet, just to try to stick it to a member?

I hope they learned that a fan demanded character doesn't work as they intended and go back to the more obscure not necessary figure for every ones collection.

J

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    It's not gonna be Ram Man no other A-Lister has been an exclusive and will never be unless it's a way off variant. Ram Man will be a sub and I think by now we all know this. Scott is not looking to screw fans over, he's looking for sales!
    Well that's not true, Shadow Weaver is an A-Lister.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Well that's not true, Shadow Weaver is an A-Lister.
    And yet I think at this point it's been stated on how a big mistake that was and it would never be done again....
    I consider her somewhat of an A-lister, but if you go into direct terminology of MOTU (not POP brand) Classics (and remember she was a Filmation character) this is the loophole many can debate she really is not; and simply just a highly demanded that spun off from The Masters of the Universe.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Actually, you do need proof. Calling someone a liar without it is slander or libel.
    No one called him an outright liar in this particular case. But given the fact that TG and Mattel have been caught in a flat out, outright, bald faced lie on at least the occasion I mentioned, and have been VERY fast and loose with the truth in other instances, calling the veracity of anything he or Mattel says now into question is simply the result of them sacrificing any shred of credibility for a fast, face saving bit of transparent spin.

When you've been caught red handed crying wolf, you can't cry foul when people reasonably question the things you say after that.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I really hope that Ram-Man isn't the sub exclusive, even with Scott saying it's not he has a checkered past about reveals. Didn't he say just days before NYTF that Frosta isn't planned yet, just to try to stick it to a member?

I hope they learned that a fan demanded character doesn't work as they intended and go back to the more obscure not necessary figure for every ones collection.

J
    Yes and it was me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    No one called him an outright liar in this particular case. But given the fact that TG and Mattel have been caught in a flat out, outright, bald faced lie on at least the occasion I mentioned, and have been VERY fast and loose with the truth in other instances, calling the veracity of anything he or Mattel says now into question is simply the result of them sacrificing any shred of credibility for a fast, face saving bit of transparent spin.

When you've been caught red handed crying wolf, you can't cry foul when people reasonably question the things you say after that.
    Also, libel and slander go out the window when you can find even a shred of evidence to prove your claim- that's when people counter sue money hungry opportunists and rightfully win. Like Scott said- there isn't even a small amount in that post that would constitute libel or slander depending on if it were in print or live media.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    It actually makes sense not to make a sought after character the sub exclusive figure. As we learned last year there isn't a direct correlation between fan demand for the character and subscription sales.
    Did we?

I think if it wasn't for SW, it would have been a lot worse.

As SW is almost undisputed in the "#1 most-wanted unmade figure" category, there certainly are a lot of people who seem to have extras (and are flipping them quickly), which is why the sale price of her hasn't gone as high as expected (though, given time, she will).

Subs dropped off DRAMATICALLY from professional AND amateur resellers. Because 2010 resale prices were so high, people naturally assumed this would continue, so even novices were buying 2, 3, or more 2011 subs simply to resell. As we saw in 2011, this basically gutted the resale market, where people were lucky to break even on a 2011 monthly figure (after shipping/PayPal/ebay fees, etc).

This led to a drastic reduction in subs, and I think it was a lot more drastic than we may think. I mean, I have a feeling there were larger accounts (like BBTS, etc.) who bought many dozens of subs who cut back quite a bit. And those casual collectors that bought extra subs, likely scaled back considerably after all the time, effort, and possibly loss of money over trying to flip the 2011 line-up in such a glut marketplace. Looking at 2012 figures, it's clear there are far less of these extra subs out there. Monthly figures are again reselling at higher price points because there are less of them out there bought by people for the express intention of reselling them.

I think Shadow Weaver was the only thing that kept subs from dropping even more considerably. It's not as simple as "SW wasn't that popular a sub exclusive if subs were down", it was more like "subs were going to drop dramatically, and Shadow Weaver helped maintain some sort of stop-loss".

As others mentioned before, Eldor would be a good sub-exlusive. Not a mayor player but essential for the hardcore fan.

Another contender could be King Miro. Featured in the recent mini-comics to come back from the past.

Hasn't the speculation been over for a while now? (like back when Scott ended it on the Gooble?)
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Yes. Ram Man, according to the rumor mill, and according to Scott (more or less) is NOT the Subscription Exclusive.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.