Thread: Beast Man Almost Gone

Beast Man Almost Gone

If anyone is interested.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This is one of those rare times when things sell out before MOTUC! DCUC AND Voltron have sold out items. Beast Man is beating the new stuff, which is not too surprising.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I guess there are still long time fans who missed out on Beast-Man, and finally got their chance today... And there are some who bought the Griffin and figured they'd buy a Beast-Man to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is one of those rare times when things sell out before MOTUC! DCUC AND Voltron have sold out items. Beast Man is beating the new stuff, which is not too surprising.
    I'd imagine there's a lot less DCUC and Voltron in terms of over-all quantities to go around from the get go which would certainly speed up the departure time.

Not to mention most people have MOTU subs in comparison to the other two.

I'd also be surprised if we ever see Beast Man again since the re-issued production runs have supposedly been terminated. This is like the 3rd or 4th sale at the least in which the re-issue has been offered.

There's no way they'd pull him in under a day unless it just clearly sold out this time IMO. For all of his other sales he sat around much longer.

He's Still almost gone....and nothing MOTUC has sold out....bad month....I guess this means everything this month is just doing OK....now see, Horde Prime could have been the sub figure, and Shadow Weaver would have sold out in like 5 minutes if she would have been a regular figure, and apparently Snake figures are not such good sellers either....

It's really sad, Spector a nobody, new to the line figure outsold a 200X based variant....that is sad, now granted I know SMAA was only really wanted by a small handful, and there are possibly more wanted 200X variants, but at least Thunder Punch & Dragon Blaster, are / will be the best sellers of the first three....I am really curious who will be #4 now.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    He's Still almost gone....and nothing MOTUC has sold out....bad month....I guess this means everything this month is just doing OK....now see, Horde Prime could have been the sub figure, and Shadow Weaver would have sold out in like 5 minutes if she would have been a regular figure, and apparently Snake figures are not such good sellers either....

It's really sad, Spector a nobody, new to the line figure outsold a 200X based variant....that is sad, now granted I know SMAA was only really wanted by a small handful, and there are possibly more wanted 200X variants, but at least Thunder Punch & Dragon Blaster, are / will be the best sellers of the first three....I am really curious who will be #4 now.
    I Think he's gone. Unless something is wrong with their system, I can't add one to my cart like other items.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's a rather weak month for MOTUC. Not many people are very fond of Snake Man-At-Arms...our worst variant to date imo. Then there's Horde Prime which is alright, but got watered down a bit since we first seen him. He lost his cool Horde staff and some paint deco. That was a little disappointing to me. The Griffin, which is the coolest thing this month if you ask me, I'm surprised has sold well enough to get to "Almost Gone" yet. Cool looking as it is, it isnt a Vintage thing so maybe that's why?

Another factor for slower sales could be the lack of reviews to help sell/remind everyone out there about these figures? At least Toyguru got a quick video out before the sale date.

As for Voltron selling out the fastest, that's very expected at this point. There's only 5 of em that everyone's needs and I doubt they made as many as they should have. In fact, I think they could easily do second runs of the Voltron lions and sell em. I know I'd probably start buying them if I knew I could get all of them to form Voltron.

Snake figures are good sellers...if those Snake figures are named Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Snake Face, or Sssqueeze rather than Man-At-Arms, Mekaneck, Teela, etc... Not many people want those types of Snake figures (variants of heroes). All they do is remind everyone of the death of the 200x lien. The only 200x Snake variant that's worthwhile and will sell well in my opinion, is a variant of Snake Armor He-Man since he was pretty hard to get during the end of the 200x lien. I know I never got him and would love to get one in MOTUC. As for Snake Teela, Snake Man-At-Arms, Snake Tracker Mekaneck, etc... you can keep that crap.

Spector was in the 30th sub. That probably has different numbers/sale figures as opposed to the regular Club Eternia sub. Also, a lot of people that aren't exactly hardcore MOTU fans that I've spoken to outside of the .org actually kinda liked the look of him. I think he makes a pretty damn good figure, just not exactly the original scifi/medieval mix MOTU style and more comic book super hero style. As always though, almost anything works in MOTU. This is the entire Universe we're talking about here. I'm all for the inclusion of anything from any era from any dimension or any world making an appearance....as long as it looks cool and the story's not REALLLLY bad.

And yeah, I'm definitely curious as to what the next variant figures will be. I don't think we will see another He-Man or Skeletor this year even though there are still a couple of each left that I'd really like to see. Hoping for something different/interesting/creative in the next variant slot.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; June 16, 2012 at 05:19am.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Because Spector, is BETTER than Deadpool and any other Marvel, DC superhero and fans (other than MOTU) know it.

I wake up, and WOW, everything is still there....aside from possibly Beast Man, which hasn't been updated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It's a rather weak month for MOTUC. Not many people are very fond of Snake Man-At-Arms...our worst variant to date imo. Then there's Horde Prime which is alright, but got watered down a bit since we first seen him. He lost his cool Horde staff and some paint deco. That was a little disappointing to me. The Griffin, which is the coolest thing this month if you ask me, I'm surprised has sold well enough to get to "Almost Gone" yet. Cool looking as it is, it isnt a Vintage thing so maybe that's why?

Another factor for slower sales could be the lack of reviews to help sell/remind everyone out there about these figures? At least Toyguru got a quick video out before the sale date.

As for Voltron selling out the fastest, that's very expected at this point. There's only 5 of em that everyone's needs and I doubt they made as many as they should have. In fact, I think they could easily do second runs of the Voltron lions and sell em. I know I'd probably start buying them if I knew I could get all of them to form Voltron.

Snake figures are good sellers...if those Snake figures are named Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Snake Face, or Sssqueeze rather than Man-At-Arms, Mekaneck, Teela, etc... Not many people want those types of Snake figures (variants of heroes). All they do is remind everyone of the death of the 200x lien. The only 200x Snake variant that's worthwhile and will sell well in my opinion, is a variant of Snake Armor He-Man since he was pretty hard to get during the end of the 200x lien. I know I never got him and would love to get one in MOTUC. As for Snake Teela, Snake Man-At-Arms, Snake Tracker Mekaneck, etc... you can keep that crap.

Spector was in the 30th sub. That probably has different numbers/sale figures as opposed to the regular Club Eternia sub. Also, a lot of people that aren't exactly hardcore MOTU fans that I've spoken to outside of the .org actually kinda liked the look of him. I think he makes a pretty damn good figure, just not exactly the original scifi/medieval mix MOTU style and more comic book super hero style. As always though, almost anything works in MOTU. This is the entire Universe we're talking about here. I'm all for the inclusion of anything from any era from any dimension or any world making an appearance....as long as it looks cool and the story's not REALLLLY bad.

And yeah, I'm definitely curious as to what the next variant figures will be. I don't think we will see another He-Man or Skeletor this year even though there are still a couple of each left that I'd really like to see. Hoping for something different/interesting/creative in the next variant slot.
    Ok, let me rephrase Snake variants....

Because I myself want Rattlor and possibly Tung Lashor....assuming the prices aren't too high from 2013 on....we'll see I guess. Plus I would think that the Snake men 2 pack will do well.

And I know, the 30th sub was produced less, they said so, but....I still find it sad
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 16, 2012 at 11:05am.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yea, Beast left the building some time yesterday after standard working hours and has yet to be updated. Prob. won't see an official change in status until Monday.