Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with The Goddess - loose joints, brittle plastic, etc

Problems with The Goddess - loose joints, brittle plastic, etc

So this is my first post, and I wish it wasn't a problem, but oh well. I got my Dec. 15th order yesterday, and when I opened my Goddess, I noticed her head is extremely, extremely wobbly. It doesn't fall off or anything, but any movement and it wobbles. Has anyone else had this problem? And any ideas on how to fix it? Anyway, that's my only complaint with her... otherwise I think she's a great figure!! Love the translucent green they used.

Post here if you have any problems with your Goddess figure.

Yeah, it's a problem with the mold. Same thing happened with Teela. I posted this elsewhere, but I'll copy it here for your convenience.

I took one of the rubber bands from the packaging, tied it in a knot around the peg, and pushed it in till I can't see it. Cut off the tips so they aren't sticking out, and voila. You hardly lose any movement (you can still move the head around fine, it's just the lower part of the joint that can't lean forward anymore).

I suggest putting her head under hot water for a while before pulling it off and putting it back on to make sure the neck doesn't break.

Quote Originally Posted by tyr112 View Post
    Yeah, it's a problem with the mold. Same thing happened with Teela. I posted this elsewhere, but I'll copy it here for your convenience.

I took one of the rubber bands from the packaging, tied it in a knot around the peg, and pushed it in till I can't see it. Cut off the tips so they aren't sticking out, and voila. You hardly lose any movement (you can still move the head around fine, it's just the lower part of the joint that can't lean forward anymore).

I suggest putting her head under hot water for a while before pulling it off and putting it back on to make sure the neck doesn't break.
    Good advice, I had the same problem. her neck cracked when I went to put her head back on. The plastic on her is really brittle. The crack isn't noticeable, but be careful on this one.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, the plastic on her is crap. I just tried to rotate her wrist and her hand broke off. Maybe instead of poor quality translucent plastic they should have used regular plastic and painted it green like the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    Yeah, the plastic on her is crap. I just tried to rotate her wrist and her hand broke off. Maybe instead of poor quality translucent plastic they should have used regular plastic and painted it green like the prototype.
    The neck on mine is cracking too. I was thinking it probly had something to do with the difference in the plastic.

Anyone else get one with splotches? Like areas where the plastic isn't quite as translucent? Almost looks like birthmarks - mine has two on her right leg.

Classic & 200X fan
    This really makes me have a bad feeling about the life of these two figures. Are they even going to last two years? Geez.
    big geek

I don't open my figures but my Green Goddess Test-Shot didn't have a bobble head but my friend ordered and opened theirs had a loose head and had the same problem with Teela.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    The rubber-band trick works like a charm. I used it on both of The Goddess figures I opened and they're both perfect now!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I had the bobble head and a totally wonky outfit on her.

In the front, her leaves are going off to the side. It's a little subtle but it's annoying and I almost just decided to deal with it.

Until I saw the back... and it's just totally screwed up looking.

It's sad because otherwise I think she's a beautiful figure. This is the first figure I plan to return. I just don't know if I should buy another one in the meantime before they sell out... I don't know if they'll give me a refund or replace her. Hm.

I didn't open either her or Teela.

Teela: She came with an extra head (Opening the box would have given her the appearance of being decapitated, IMO. Too unsightly.)

Goddess: Lots of loose weapons and stuff. Didn't want stuff going everywhere.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    My Teela came with a better neck joint. It doesn't move around, but it is akward looking. The Goddess came with a very loose neck. I just got one of the clear rubber bands that came with the figure and wrapped it around her neck. It stayed in place and its not noticeable.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post

Anyone else get one with splotches? Like areas where the plastic isn't quite as translucent? Almost looks like birthmarks - mine has two on her right leg.
    Yeah. Nothing too noticeable at first glance. The worst part is her chest, which is obviously less translucent than her face, but the armor covers it, so I don't mind.

The legs on mine were warped...She wouldn't even stand up straight at first. After "flexing" her for a while, everything went back into place and she's fine. I don't play with her so the bobble head isn't an issue for me but the head is loose.

Also, the box that the flight stands came in makes a great "accessories" box!

Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    That sucks. My figures arrived yesterday. I haven't opened the goddess because she looks too much like Teela to appreciate. I think they should have waited a year to release her. I wish they would have used a different mold so she doesn't look like Teela with differnt paint.
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

yeah got my bobble head goddess last night, god it is bad. I hope they fix this for adora and evil lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vujk View Post
    Good advice, I had the same problem. her neck cracked when I went to put her head back on. The plastic on her is really brittle. The crack isn't noticeable, but be careful on this one.
    Seriously, she is perhaps the most brittle thing I have seen in an action figure in a long time.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't have a problem with Teela, her neck is very tight. Goddess, on the other hand, has a very loose neck.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    My Teela came with a better neck joint. It doesn't move around, but it is akward looking. The Goddess came with a very loose neck. I just got one of the clear rubber bands that came with the figure and wrapped it around her neck. It stayed in place and its not noticeable.
    Most of the first-run Skeletors have this - it was put in place by MATTEL.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I had the bobble head and a totally wonky outfit on her.

In the front, her leaves are going off to the side. It's a little subtle but it's annoying and I almost just decided to deal with it.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2612/...04f0c3c3_b.jpg

Until I saw the back... and it's just totally screwed up looking.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2490/...b0ffb626_b.jpg

It's sad because otherwise I think she's a beautiful figure. This is the first figure I plan to return. I just don't know if I should buy another one in the meantime before they sell out... I don't know if they'll give me a refund or replace her. Hm.

Could you put a circle around the problems as I cant see anything wrong with it?

Yeah my Goddess is Special Needs too...Her neck bobbles and she has places where the green paint is coming off and her outfit is crooked. Like it's turned and molded a little to the left.
    Russian roulette is not the same without a gun..and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Could you put a circle around the problems as I cant see anything wrong with it?
    Grungyglamerous explains it well. It's like the whole outfit is molded and/or attached crooked. I don't know that circles are going to help if you can't see the asymmetry of it in the pictures. The leaves at the base of her dress are supposed to be centered, not covering up her right thigh. The dress on the back should be uniform and symmetrical, not correct on one side and warped and distorted on the other.

Heroic Warrior
    Her hand broke off on mine. Go easy on this one...

I cant see a problem with it not being 100% centered. No ones clothes are 100% centered and symmetrical. If anything it looks more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    My Teela is the same way with the leaves, as is my Goddess. I don't really notice it anymore though.
    I had a perfect Teela neck, but got the bobblehead Goddess. I did the rubber band trick, good as new. I also had to do that for Stratos before.