Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A BLACK DAY For Filmation Variants & Its Fans !!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

A BLACK DAY For Filmation Variants & Its Fans !!

Preternia.com NEW!!!

Now that you have the Filmation rights, would a Filmation Skeletor be more of an added head to another figure ala Demo-Man, or his own release in the variant quarterly slot?

While we are going to be doing new Filmation characters (like Shadow Weaver) in Classics style, there really aren’t plans to do “animated” versions of the characters or Filmation versions unless the Filmation version is extremely different from the vintage/classic toy. King Randor is a good example as his Filmation look was very different from his toy.

Are Filmation variants going to be taking up the quarterly variant slots or will they be more like Vikor where they are different enough that they deserve their own monthly slot?

As mentioned above, if a character had a true different version/outfit in either Filmation or 200X they could be a candidate for a Quarterly slot. Randor (once again) is an example that works for both series actually! (not that this is a hint, just a good visual example).

Well, I am totally saddened & frustrated with this decision by Mattel & TG !!!! They have truly made my day..................... (DISGUSTED) !!! I hope fans like me will have the same effect too !!!!!!!!!!!

MOTUC will NEVER be complete without Filmation Heads like Skeletor, Mer-Man, Teela ETC !!! Heck, I am ready to buy these as full figures too !!!

You give Alcala Skeletor head (FYI - this was also from "animated" comic book), which I am ABSOLUTELY happy for mini comic fans, but then, refusing for a Filmation version head ??? SO FAIR RIGHT ???? Well, this is really a "kick" in our guts !!!

Lets FORGET Filmation Evil-Lyn & Filmation Teela ETC..... cause they are NOT going to happen ! Oh BTW, lets welcome Sir Laser-Lot !!

This is such a SHAMEFULL DECISION by Mattel & TG !!

UPDATE :-

And thanks to the AWESOMENESS of Emilliano’s talent, THIS is how a Filmation Hordak should be in MOTUC !

Scott & 4HM, You guys have to LOOK AT THIS before thinking of sculpting the actual figure !!!

Once Again, THANK YOU Very Much Emilliano ! Man..... You ARE a LEGEND !! Looking for more Filmation variants based MOTUC visions from you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TUC138; June 15, 2012 at 03:26pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I think they are sticking to their guns about there being "one look" for He-Man and Skeletor. They won't give us 200X heads for that reason, so I suppose it makes sense they won't do Filmation heads as well.

But, I do agree it'd be awesome to get them. Maybe some day we will.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Don't read too much into it. I'm sure in time they will do a filmation Skeletor since he had normal arms, booted feet and a different hood & face.

Scott asked several monthes ago if we wanted to see Filmation versions in classics style as varients. They know Filmation Skeletor is popular so don't dispare I have faith he will show up and so will filmation Hordak.

I know I'm in the very tiny minority, but I'm not that interested in filmation versions of characters. True he-man, skeletor, mer-man, man-at-arms, etc... have slightly different looks in filmation, but to me they are close enough to the normal MOTUC versions to warrant another version of them. Randor I wouldn't be as turned off by since he's quite a bit different. If they did decide to put them out I would hope they'd do it similar to the 30th anniversary sub as I'd much prefer to get characters we hadn't gotten yet to slightly different versions of ones we have.

Just my opinion though.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    So a Filmation character like Count Marzo should be possible --- But I think they will focus on Filmation characters that haven't had ANY figure yet like Plundar and Negator for example.

This has been the response from the very begining of the Filmation availability. While I think a Filmation head for He-Man and Skeletor would be awesome, I think it makes more sense to avoid doing these in classics as the overall figure wouldn't quite capture the look of Filmation anyway. Plus once you get to characters like Teela, the whole body style and dress would have to be rescpted and tooled to get it right.

I'm kind of suprised that Classic Media hasn't licensed out the rights to statues or maquettes of the Filmation likenesses. I'd imagine those would do well. (I'd love an 'environment' prop of Grayskull, Snak Mountain, Graysull's throne, etc like the recent Thindercats castle that just came out.)

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I think they are sticking to their guns about there being "one look" for He-Man and Skeletor. They won't give us 200X heads for that reason, so I suppose it makes sense they won't do Filmation heads as well.
    Well, if that's their strategy, then how Alcala head was possible ? That’s my humble question !! As I said, I am so happy for it for the mini comic fans, but why the same courtesy is being refused for filmation fans ?
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    I actually want an Alcala He-Man head to go with my Alcala Skeletor head.

We have Battle ground (comic book) Teela... May as well complete that trend too.

But more on topic... There was a guy on here who made his own Filmation Skeletor head. Maybe he made a mold for it and will be willing to make them to order. Just a thought.

Aside of Shadow weaver Mattel hasn't done one filmation character yet. Lets let them get their feet wet in filmation first and i'm sure we will see varients of Skeletor & Hordak with a classicized filmation look at some point.

Never say never, I mean look at Keldor...He's skeletor with new arms, booted feet and a new head. Varients are just that a different look of a character with little to no new tooling required.
    Last edited by mjw41; April 3, 2012 at 11:25am.

I want a Filmation He-Man head more than ANYTHING else in this line. That is THE most iconic, or a least the most recognized version of him and I would buy a TON of whatever figure it came with.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Filmation Clawful should be on the list then

I don't really understand though... you guys just want a Filmation head to plunk down on a standard MOTUC buck? Not sure I get that. Unless you go with a full-on Filmation look with the whole body, what is the point?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

to be honest with you ..im kinda glad... i dont wanna have to get a bunch of variants that dont look all that different... if they wanna start a filmation line...then that fine...but lets get threw the regular(toy line) figures first plz....
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    If it means them getting more money, they'll make them. Just like I think somewhere down the line, a different version of Shadow Weaver will be released.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Filmation versions...

Kind of like being given a DaVinci & wanting a 4th grader's interpretation instead.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I was always under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that Filmation versions would act as a variant and take a variant slot. So, the potential Filmation Skeletor would take up a variant slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Filmation versions...

Kind of like being given a DaVinci & wanting a 4th grader's interpretation instead.
    If you say so. Its that version of He-Man everyone knows.

As for the alternate Filmation heads. I can understand wanting some of them. However, mattel has said no head packs.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I dont want more variants in MOTUC, I prefer just "never seen before in toy form" characters.

The solution can be FILMATION EXCLUSIVE packs for selling in conventions, TOYS R US and a Special Items in Mattycollector.com
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    I personally think the Alcala Skeletor head is the definitive version --- and we were lucky to get it.

Heroic Warrior
    They release an Alcala head, they can do it with Filmation Skeletor, too...

I think, the 4 HM can handle that...

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    If you say so. Its that version of He-Man everyone knows.

As for the alternate Filmation heads. I can understand wanting some of them. However, mattel has said no head packs.
    it's A version of he-man everyone knows.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Nothing to get bent out of shape about imo. No need for super Filmation accurate figures of main characters that we already got. The differences just arent enough to mean anything. Better off doing ALL NEW, more fan demanded figures with visual differences. Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, etc... would only be good as a one-off type thing like a commemorative cartoon style, or mini sub line or something.

I do however, really want a Count Marzo Filmation variant!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    No Filmation cartoon-style variants??????
    Next thing you know, they'll be telling us that the 200X look is retired!
    I hope we get head packs, though.

I'm happy that Mattel isn't going to make a MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor with Filmation heads. The MOTUC bodies don't lend themselves to the Filmation look, so you wouldn't be getting a genuine Filmation figure anyway. If anything, you would need to design a new body for all of the male Filmation characters. I think those figures really deserve their own toyline, to be honest. Maybe a special 5 or 10 pack down the road.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    This has been the response from the very begining of the Filmation availability. .)
    This.

Honestly, this is no more a black day than any other day since it was announced. They have no intentions of just doing straight up repaints with just a head change... (kicks Snake man at arms under the bed)... And they don't want to have any Confusion with different heads from different eras... (Kicks Stinkor, Fisto and Alcala head under the bed...)

That's the official stratagy... but honestly that changes like the weather. I have little doubt that we'll see some varients down the line. I would MUCH rather have a filmation skeletor than I would Snake MAA.. Same with Filmation Hordak.

I would LOVE a He-man filmation head (along with the minicomic long hair variety) and REALLY want a filmation power sword.

I'd rather have had the filmation Merman with side gills and different armor than I would have the 'cardback' version...

MAA and Teela?!? I don't see enough differnce to bother with. In fact.. MOST of the characters don't need a filmation version. Skeletor, Hordak, Merman.. they are VERY different. and He-man... Well... we have filmation She-ra... it'd be cool to have them side by side ^_^