Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Filmation Hordak

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Filmation Hordak

Hi everybody,
    I want to take a shot at bringing back this blog.
    I'm awful at keeping this stuff up to date, but maybe I'll be able to share something here and there.
    Hopefully I'll be also allowed to share some of the work I do for Hasbro (I already have a few images ready and approved) but of course the main focus will remain He-Man and She-Ra!
    But also expect some random thoughts here and there, as I recently found myself with a lot to say, and not just art.
    (always in my broken English - for those who don't know, I'm Italian and I live in Italy)

And to kick-start this, what was better than one of my ideas for possible MOTUC figures?
    So, here is the variant figure (almost) everybody want!
    Hordak in Filmation colors!
    And since Mattel already tooled swappable arms (the shoulders discs and the torso) for Trap-Jaw/Kronis, why not selling him with two sets of arms, to simulate the different robotic arms he had in the cartoon?
    BTW, Hordak had 2 different mechanical arms styles. I think asking Mattel to staty true to that would be too much, but I think most fans would settle down with something that works good enough for both.
    Still there can be different iptions: they can go for almost a simple repaint, or just add a few new parts:
    I'm presenting 2 of these options her, what would you like most?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 12, 2012 at 04:46pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Version B, please. The head and the armor just HAVE to be different from the regular Hordak release in order to get me interested in this figure!

Hot damn!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Another absolutely perfect figure. This plus Imp for SDCC.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like Version B with the new head and armour, BUT I would re-use Icarius/Flipshots biceps from Version A. It saves money and they look nearly identical to the new biceps, in my opinion. Great design! I really like it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

WOW! I love this! Either version would be fine with me, although version B would be better. But it should be called Battleground Hordak instead of Filmation....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like Version B with the new head and armour, BUT I would re-use Icarius/Flipshots biceps from Version A. It saves money and they look nearly identical to the new biceps, in my opinion. Great design! I really like it.
    I totally agree with this.

Beautiful work, Emiliano!

Awesome as always! I hope we get the second, more expensive version.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Awesome work as always.

Maybe they could take out two birds with one stone, by releasing him with an additional head, so we can also get Filmation's "Concept Hordak":

He doesn't match 100%, I know, but is close enough so you could display him as another Horde general.

PS: Emiliano, could you draw your "Vision" of this Concept Character please??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Now here's a good use of swappable arms! WAY back when Trap-Jaw came out I made a post asking about the possibilities of the swappable arms, and honeslty I thought I would have seen more uses of them by now.

Anyway, I'd be up for this variant. I'm afraid they wouldn't do something so interesting if they got to it, but this is certainly the coolest way to do it. I love the robot arms and the use of the Hurricane forearms!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Now I prefer to call this version mini-comic or Earl Norem poster colours not a variant I'm desperate for but would buy him if released. Hopefully he'd come with both heads.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I hope they think of something other than 'Battleground'... 'Ruler of Etheria Hordak' would do! But they seem to want to distance MOTUC from Etheria...

There are parts I like from both of them I'd need to combine to create version C, no removeable arms for me.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Awesome work as always.

Maybe they could take out two birds with one stone, by releasing him with an additional head, so we can also get Filmation's "Concept Hordak":

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rdak0_full.jpg

He doesn't match 100%, I know, but is close enough so you could display him as another Horde general.

PS: Emiliano, could you draw your "Vision" of this Concept Character please??
    Hey could we make this guy The Brother's Horde FATHER and have him as a whole new figure?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I really hope we get Filmation/Earl Norem Hordak in 2013 with a new head sculpt! Call him "Cyber or Techno Virus" Hordak.

That concept art for Hordak looks great! I'd love to see this head added to the Horde Tropper set. The 2 packs come with 4 heads so we can have Horde Trooper - vintage style, 200x, concept Hordak and a battle damage one. People can swap them and create many combinations with those heads.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    nice reuse of flipshots bicep. I didnt even think of that. it looks so good how you have it. filmation hordak that is.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

B....B....B....B

This is the Hordak I have been describing that should be made, new head, new armor, and the swappable arms are something I never even thought about.

Bring it on, this is what we want, not some straight repaint, which wouldn't be Filmation at all....Hordak should be done like this, not like BGEL at all.

But honestly, I would be happy with A, ONLY IF, it came with the FIlmation head.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

just wicked as always!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I hope they think of something other than 'Battleground'... 'Ruler of Etheria Hordak' would do! But they seem to want to distance MOTUC from Etheria...
    they did a pretty bad job of that by releasing a map of Etheria with PD He-Man. lol

You know what would be interesting (if it was possible) is to have a Hordak like Emiliano's but one that could be transformed into his rocket form or something as well...like the Transformer toys but maybe I'm just fantasizing & it just ain't possible. Lol, I never was good at engineering or physics
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Wow. Version B is so perfect. I want that more than just about any other possible figure right now!

The problem with Emiliano's designs being so amazing is that if/when they do ever release him it's bound to disappoint unless it looks this good.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This would be a proper variant.
    not just some repainted hordak.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I would love it if we could get the more expensive version.... even if it had to be released outside of the sub as a "deluxe" figure at a higher price point.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

if we only get the first, I'll accept it. I admit that the "cheap" version is only less preferable as I want/need that classic cartoon headsculpted. BUt I can accept the "cheaper" one.

Widget
    mm that right one really tickles my nostalgia, brilliant!