Thread: Mattel Voltron Green Lion & Pidge Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Mattel Voltron Green Lion & Pidge Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys!

The Green Lion and Pidge are here! They go on ale tomorrow, so take a look at this video to see them in detail beforehand!

As always, any additional questions please let me know! Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    One of these days Matty is going to charge me for my subs and mail them out.

I do have to say, I really like the green lion. His body looks proportionate to the head, making his head look smaller so he actually looks like a lion. That was my biggest gripe with red lion, the head and the body are the same width, so it just looks like an arm with legs.

I disagree with you on the paint job. Maybe it is because your camera showed it better than the eye, but the paint job is sloppy. Look at Pidge's glasses. They look hideous and it looks like he has slinkies in his eyes rather than glasses. However, the paint is so ridged around the edges. At least his head fully fits on his neck properly unlike Hunk.

Anyway, yeah, there is not much to say about him, because he is like the red lion. I don't think I am going to do a picture review for this one because of that.

Oh yeah, this is all I could think of when I saw your comparison pic:

Last edited by Dr Kain; June 15, 2012 at 09:40pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It really is difficult waiting for all the lions! Whaaaa!

Heroic Warrior
    I like this line. I decided to get the sub on a whim and am glad I did.

Wow, those glasses are awful. Totally distracting and ruins what would otherwise be a fantastic figure. Green Lion itself looks pretty sweet though. Excited for mine to arrive.

I actually think the glasses are pretty awesome for this size of figure. Remember, when photos ar taken up close of little figures, we seem them larger than actual size. We'll notice things we'll never notice in real life.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I think the glasses are fine, too. I still feel Pidge has the best face sculpt so far. It seems the msot cartoon accurate.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It makes you think....If only the line was thought out a bit more what we "perhaps" could of received for the same price.

Scratch the whole spring loaded action feature and put the money towards removable blasters w/ holsters and some added paint deco on the lions. That alone would of made me happy and made a WORLD of difference.....*Sigh*...

Added articulation would of been nice as well, but I would of settled for that.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Really still wish the Pilots were sold seperate. I have no use for a giant voltron since there will never be a giant bad guy line. *sigh*
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Really still wish the Pilots were sold seperate. I have no use for a giant voltron since there will never be a giant bad guy line. *sigh*
    I don't know about that. May be not an entire line, but could easily see at least (1) robeast offered *if* it also included a villain with each part.

There's certainly enough of the main villains to include one for each part and a market for such a thing if you asked me.

Any thing past that would probably fail, but I could certainly see it *a sub. of that sort* working one more time.

OUch:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I actually think the glasses are pretty awesome for this size of figure. Remember, when photos ar taken up close of little figures, we seem them larger than actual size. We'll notice things we'll never notice in real life.
    Just got mine today, the glasses are very noticeable even when not being viewed up close.

While looking over my shoulder as I opened it, my gf made the comment that it looked like his "goggles" got chopped in half and then laughed when I said they were glasses not goggles. I think Panosh Place actually got this part right by just painting the outside the of the glasses which gave the impression they were thinner than they were actually sculpted.

And the size isn't really an excuse as I've got 3.34 action figures with glasses that dont look nearly as thick or clunky, heck I think a vintage GI JOE Baroness might even look better than this lol.

As for the lion, there is a TON of paint chipping around his mouth. It looks like someone boxed up a used toy. I guess my luck finally ran out as my Red and Yellow were flawless with their paint apps. Hunk & Lance were a different story...

Really though, for the price point, I'd think they could do a bit better in regards to quality control and paint application - especially the latter as they don't have a lot to begin with. Limited customer base is no excuse - just look at what the 4 Horseman, ThreeA, and other small companies churn on for the same price - or better -without any brand recognition, at least not the size of Voltron.

Disappointed.
    Last edited by Jekyll; June 23, 2012 at 01:23pm.

Yeah, I'm worried for mine. All I want really are the pilots, but I had to buy the stupid lions to get those. Honestly, if it weren't for the size and resemblance to the anime, these lions would be complete crap.

is there another review(s) for the other 2 left cats? its been since june.. i could not find anything in the search
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Yeah, he reviewed them, but you have to go to his site to find them.