Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS - Powers of Grayskull issue 2 discussion - SPOILERS

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Maybe Gladiator is the winner of the CAC contest?

What an imaginative name!!! Great colors! Amazing desing!
    I'm pretty sure TG confirmed that the CAC winner is not in the mini-comics.

So whats the deal with the tablet Hordak has?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    So the new one's names are Beast Lord and Gladiator.

Well, when I first saw the leaked drawings, I knew that I wanted Gladiator. I really like the design of that helmet.
    The characters name is pretty lame though. Even lamer than Laser-lot (I hate that they added "Sir" as title).

Beast Lord on the other hand would really need some unique items and parts to make me want a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So there are more pics of Gladiator and Beast Lord? Could you please post them?
    You could simply cut away the non-relevant panels, to not spoiler us any further. I'd really like to see more of them.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I thought Zodak was after Grayskull died?
    Anyone? Am I mistaken?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    When I spoke to Wellington Alves months ago he told me that Beast Lord was originally referred to as "Red Beast" to him by Mattel and Gladiator was a last minute addition that wasn't even in the original storyboard (which I can confirm as I have the pages). I'm assuming that Gladiator is quite possibly Vykron before they had finalized the name for him which would make sense why they added him so last minute. Now as for being certain about all these things and not spoiling issue 3, there is a definitive answer to who they are. I'm pretty sure Gladiator is NOT Higuchi's figure though.

I posted this on Matty Collector to see what Scott has to say:

People are already receiving their subscription figures so I'm assuming it's ok to post art that I bought from Wellington now. As a result of this there is an issue with things shown in the early second issue and the final:

1. Gladiator wasn't shown in the original storyboard- is this because he was Vykron before you guys finalized him or is it infact Terry Higuchi's figure?

2. Beast Lord was said by Wellington to originally be titled "Red Beast" from notes he was given by Mattel- in the story board you can even see where he erased out red and Beast Lord before writing [STRIKE]BEAST MAN[/STRIKE]. Can we get some clarification on this?

I know you may say keep reading the bios, but this applies to media that is released and since we were told that no new characters beyond the 30th would be released this really causes confusion. I'd appreciate whatever you can do Scott.
    Last edited by vertigoink; June 15, 2012 at 10:36pm.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Anyone? Am I mistaken?
    His bio doesn't mention Grayskull.
    But of course it mentions his fight against the Snakemen. So I guess he very well could have fought alongside Grayskull.
    Right now that is were I display mine.
    Of course that'd mean that he's ancient and maybe that's why he meditates that often - to live longer and more efficiently.

Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 15, 2012 at 10:35pm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    To add to this, by working for The Elders he would be imbued with their powers since this obviously follows the 200X story. With that being the case, Zodak would infact be EXTREMELY old.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I thought Zodak was after Grayskull died?
    In MYP, Zodak was around in Preternia times. He lost Zeehlar while the Snake Men had been based at Snake Mountain.

Hordak later beat the Snake Men and after that he killed King Grayskull while getting sent to Despondos.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Fair enough. I thought that all of that started after Grayskull defeated Hordak.

Then again, didn't Hordak help defeat the Snake Men?

Good gracious, I'm confused now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Zodak was around in Preternia times. He lost Zeehlar while the Snake Men had been based at Snake Mountain.

Hordak later beat the Snake Men and after that he killed King Grayskull while getting set to Despondos.
    Yeah...I kind of got mixed up, didn't I?
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    His bio doesn't mention Grayskull.
    But of course it mentions his fight against the Snakemen. So I guess he very well could have fought alongside Grayskull.
    Right now that is were I display mine.
    Of course that'd mean that he's ancient and maybe that's why he meditates that often - to live longer and more efficiently.
    I don't have the Eternia map... but wasn't the 'bargain with Trolla' the result of King Grayskull's death and tampering with the Power Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't have the Eternia map... but wasn't the 'bargain with Trolla' the result of King Grayskull's death and tampering with the Power Sword?
    Dammit!! Now, I'm confused again.

so.... anyone going to spoil the comic and say what takes place?!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    1. Gladiator wasn't shown in the original storyboard- is this because he was Vykron before you guys finalized him or is it infact Terry Higuchi's figure?
    The storyboards the same as the leaked pages some time back? Because he was definitely in those.

Also, could have sworn somewhere back there you pegged the Beast Lord character as Higuchis?

Heroic Warrior
    The bargain was to keep the Power of Grayskull remaining on Eternia as opposed to them taking it back after He-Ro died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The storyboards the same as the leaked pages some time back? Because he was definitely in those.

Also, could have sworn somewhere back there you pegged the Beast Lord character as Higuchis?
    I did until I talked to Wellington when I purchased more pages from him but I was asked by Val and TG not to speak about it at the time until the issue was out so I didn't. The storyboards had Gladiator in them but there was simply a more crowded space where Gladiator is and no name by or above him- that's exactly why I'm trying to clarify with Scott exactly what the truth is, although the third issue vaguely clarifies things. Also keep in mind I made hints about the "beastly" character several months before the leaks even were seen on E-Bay and how I got the information isn't going to be discussed.

EDIT

This is also the reason I'm no longer going to share information at all on the boards as it always seems to cause some sort of complication- I'll simply discuss things on an individual basis with people I know.
    Last edited by vertigoink; June 15, 2012 at 11:28pm.

I'm with you, Darkspecter. I'm not a fan of the way Veena was re-colored - and even given sleeves. I'm hoping this is just a colorist's error - like Laser Lot's red belt. It would be lame if Veena's entry into the Classic's line forced her to look more like vintage Sorceress, when they've said that 200x Sorceress is also eligible for inclusion in the line.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Anyone? Am I mistaken?
    I always thought it was Zodac who fought with the Preternians and then Zodak came later to defeat the Snake Men a la MYP. According to Zodac's bio, he was part of the Council of Elders and left Eternia after King Grayskull died.

But then, according to Zodak's bio, he was trained by the original Zodac and took over his position once Zodac peaced to Trolla. Then, Zodak fought to defeat the Snake Men and I guess retreated to a mountain sanctuary for, like, a billion years.

So, short answer, I guess: they both fought with the Preternians?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I always thought it was Zodac who fought with the Preternians and then Zodak came later to defeat the Snake Men a la MYP. According to Zodac's bio, he was part of the Council of Elders and left Eternia after King Grayskull died.

But then, according to Zodak's bio, he was trained by the original Zodac and took over his position once Zodac peaced to Trolla. Then, Zodak fought to defeat the Snake Men and I guess retreated to a mountain sanctuary for, like, a billion years.

So, short answer, I guess: they both fought with the Preternians?
    Yes they both fought.

But, I just had a thought: if Zodak didn't take over until Zodac left, and Zodac left after King Grayskull died, shouldn't it be Zodac and not Zodak in this comic since KG is still alive?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    But, I just had a thought: if Zodak didn't take over until Zodac left, and Zodac left after King Grayskull died, shouldn't it be Zodac and not Zodak in this comic since KG is still alive?
    Just because Zodak took over at one point doesn't mean he wasn't around before then.

MYAAH!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love that we're getting mini comics - this one looks interesting and I love the art.

Maybe Beast Lord and Gladiator will probably turn out to be the Lodar and Geldor of this era and we'll have to wait 25+ years for them to be made?!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Just because Zodak took over at one point doesn't mean he wasn't around before then.
    Eternia bio:
    Gifted with the Wisdom of Ages, The Elders of Grayskull secretly know that the twin warriors of the Great Prophecy would one day be born on their planet. Therefore, they made a secret bargain with Trolla. In return for keeping the Power Sword of He on Eternia, one member of the Elders was to join the Cosmic Enforcers, beings tasked with maintaining neutrality throughout the Universe. The sword was then split in two and hidden, awaiting a time when worthy heirs would reclaim it, channeling its power and their wisdom to transform into heroic Masters of the Universe, fulfilling the prophecy to defeat the Horde Empire and restore peace to the Universe.

My theory is that during this battleground mini comic... Zodac was still on the council and therefore not battling people. Zodak must have been out and about doing stuff...

After Grayskull died, the elders split the sword, made a deal, and traded Zodac for the sword.... and Zodak took his chair on the council.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    All this Zodac / Zodak mess is giving me headache.

Maybe TG can give us some guidelines in order to clarify?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Why are there not more of the Elders from either the MYP toon (death of Grayskull scene) or from the MVC comics featured in that picture of Preternian masters? I'm still hoping some of them may appear in MOTUC.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Anyway, my REAL question after seeing that picture coloured: why is Veena coloured like the 200X Sorceress staction and NOT Veena?!

I'm going to be SO sad if we get a Veena figure and she's coloured like the Filmation Sorceress. I mean, there's still Kudak Ungol that is essentially the Sorceress with a new head! Easy on the blue and orange Mattel!
    Thats what I though mate If we get a Veena figure I'd want her in the MYP colours. Having said that the 4HM did intent the Sorceress to be classic colours in 200x and it was MYP who came up with her colour scheme as the design they had from the 4HM was only black and white. So if MYP had done the Sorceress colours as intended then Veena probably would have been in those colour also.

Maybe the regular Veena figure will be in classic colours and they'll do a MYP colours version as the 2013 travelling con exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Please no Beast Lord or Gladiator figures.
    Agreed!
    Last edited by 13977; June 16, 2012 at 08:40pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26