Thread: Mezco DKR Batman

Mezco DKR Batman

First figure of their new 6inch line. They've made several variants of this, but this is the standard one and quite fantastic. Time to retire the MOTUC Mattel version.
    meh

Superman: I owe you Bruce.

Batman: I know.

Vader: what are you?

Batman: I'm Batman.

Looking forward to getting mine at some point and the Judge Dredd one.

"Which one should we use boy?"

"No, I have something bigger in mind for you Clark"

"We could have changed the world…now…look at us…I've become a political liability…and…you…you're a joke. I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you"

"You're beginning to get the idea, Clark. This... is the end... for both of us."

"This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I'm born again."

"This loud, clumsy, stupid thing -- this is the weapon of the enemy. We do not need it. We will not use it.
    Our weapons are quiet -- precise. In time, I will teach them to you. Tonight, you will use your fists -- and your brains.
    Tonight, we are the law.
    Tongiht, I am the law.
    Let's ride."

"There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other-- [KRAKK] --hurts."

"This will be a good life. Good enough."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    He's wearing thermal underwear!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I soooooooooooo want. He is gorgeous.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I soooooooooooo want. He is gorgeous.
    Lol, I was thinking the exact opposite. Totally not my style.

It's a really awesome figure. I hope they do a bunch more figures in this mixed media style.

I'm not a DKR fan so I'm passing.

I am though picking up Dredd and the mutant leader just cause he looks so cool.

Really digging the Previews exclusive version with the oval symbol and teal blue colors in the middle.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As an old Mego man, I like the general style, but I'm not a fan of Miller's hulked out Batman at all, so that and the price tag pretty much make this one a pass. If they made a standard Neal Adams Bat, I'd be hard pressed to skip it, though. The list of properties they can draw from, though, looks impressive, so there will likely be some things down the line that will be hard to pass on. I'm honestly tempted on the Dredd; I'm not a big fan of the character, but the figure just seems to capture the comic version perfectly, and it looks fantastic. If I do get it, it will be based on the quality of the figure itself (and maybe the cycle).

A big thing for something like this is that I don't see them doing any property in depth; we'd likely get a few figures from a bunch of different properties, but not enough from any one to really consider it a "line" in and of itself. Something like Dredd fits that bill fairly well, as you could make a handful of figures and feel like you have a decent representation of the property. Three of four Bat characters, on the other hand, feels quite incomplete.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

"All the people I've murdered by letting you live!"

Also as far as figures with soft goods clothing go, Mezco's actually looks better than the larger scale Sideshow one I've had for years.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    As an old Mego man, I like the general style, but I'm not a fan of Miller's hulked out Batman at all, so that and the price tag pretty much make this one a pass. If they made a standard Neal Adams Bat, I'd be hard pressed to skip it, though.

That's how I feel exactly. A Neal Adams, Graham Nolan, or Joe Aparo Batman would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Also as far as figures with soft goods clothing go, Mezco's actually looks better than the larger scale Sideshow one I've had for years.
    That's not from Sideshow. That's DCD's Batman from their awful 13 in figure line.

Oops! Been years.

I'd like to see Spawn done in this style. I think he'd translate really well with the fabric overlays and pouches, plus interchangeable heads and hands.

Looking forward to Judge Dredd, epecially since they'll do a Lawmaster bike/vehicle.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Lol, I was thinking the exact opposite. Totally not my style.
    I'm with you on that for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Mego figures (for the most part they were before my time, and just not something I ever got into), and the cloth outfit just seems to run contrary to the "badass" look that they are otherwise going for. At least IMO. No offense to anyone who likes it.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I think it's a huge disservice to compare this to a Mego figure. Yeah they both use soft goods, but the execution and engineering are night and day.

Oops! Been years.
    No problem. Don't worry I used to own it too.

I'd like to see Spawn done in this style. I think he'd translate really well with the fabric overlays and pouches, plus interchangeable heads and hands.

Cool idea. I'm not a Spawn fan, but I agree that he'd look great.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a huge disservice to compare this to a Mego figure. Yeah they both use soft goods, but the execution and engineering are night and day.
    Agree 100%. It's apples and oranges...

This thing is certainly enticing, but no review has so far completely convinced me until your pictures of him punching people.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Grandson of Mego, then?

Folks, myself included, refer to any figure like this as "Mego-esque" percisely because it is the descendant of that style of figure. In evolutionary terms, Mego is the Cro-Magnon, and these are **** Sapiens Sapiens. I will say Megos still have one advantage that these have lost: removability of the cloth costume. You get a tear, pull or run in this one, and you basically need a whole new figure, not just the costume.

I will say that there is a lot of potential here, and there is a major advantage to using cloth costumes in some cases, especially if they make female figures with things like skirts or male figures with long tunics or cloaks. Imagine a Dr. Doom that can easily sit down on a throne without the bottom of his green tunic causing problems. I'm pretty sure something they make along the way is going to draw me in.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman