Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Masterpiece discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I just got an e-mail stating that MP Soundwave is also going to come with a mini Megatron in gun form he can hold. More accessories means more better!
    I thought that was already common knowledge but it seems everyone knew it except BBTS because I got the same email.

Here is a picture of it and some coloured pictures of Soundwave and Red Alert;

I don't suppose we've had any pictures of Sideswipe or Red alert posed with Alternators for scale?

All right, I've got to get that guy. So cool. Now if they'd only make Shockwave...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Not huge on TFs but Soundwave and Optimus were always early favourites (at first I hated tfs with 'people faces') Jetfire Optimus and soundwave were my top guys. but I came around and started liking others for their designs. is the an MP wheeljack??

I hope to get this soundwave!! I LOVE the energon cube!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I have Soundwave preordered. He was always one of my favorites. Have not decided about Sideswipe or Red Alert yet.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Red alert was one of the last tfs I bought and he was a huge favourite, these look ok, but not as impressive as the other MP figures. I don't know what it is. .

Is hasbro doing a release of Soundwave? are your pre-oorders takara imports??
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 10, 2012 at 07:46am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    are your pre-oorders takara imports??
    Yes they are.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yes they are.
    i really want this, and rumble frenzy ravage and buzz saw, but dammit it's pricey, and motu is my first love, my second love is batman and i'm spending ridiculous bank on two hot toys toys. BJH can you pull some strings and get me a lotto jackpot win this week? tonight would be great but friday would be better (and both would be fantastic!!) you can't have my soul, but you can have some sole, I cook it pretty nice and if you need it i'll break you off some of the sweet cash too!
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 10, 2012 at 03:01pm.

Fear is faith in failure

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    i really want this, and rumble frenzy ravage and buzz saw, but dammit it's pricey, and motu is my first love, my second love is batman and i'm spending ridiculous bank on two hot toys toys. BJH can you pull some strings and get me a lotto jackpot win this week? tonight would be great but friday would be better (and both would be fantastic!!)
    Well, k-man, first I would ask "what the hell are you doing with MOTU and Batman before Transformers?". Then I would let you know that you could have those MP cassettes...if you care to enter into a bargain with me. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

I am not really excited about Hasbro doing their own version of Soundwave, Red Alert, and Sideswipe. Sure they may be less money but they are a pain to get. Chances are they will be Toys R Us exclusives. I never saw Grimlock or Hot Rod in stores. I got lucky when I found a MP Thundercracker but that one was hard to find too. Now its close to impossible to find the new Optimus Prime in any store. I would recommend to anyone to save up money and buy the Takara version. They may be more money but it will save you the hassle of extra gas money, being told by different stores that there is no more in stock, dealing with scalpers with ridiculous prices, and often times I find the Takara version superior to the Hasbro version.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I saw grimlock and rodimus a LOT at the trus in canada, I was tempted to get Grimlock, but again I don't love TF enough to bite that bullet. If BJH hooks me up I'll track down more MPs I like them all, some more than others and I will buy back Jetfire, I loved that toy so much!! still remember the day I bought him! it was rainy and cold on the way to the store (toy city was the store) after I bought him the clouds broke and the sun came out and it became an AMAZING day weather wise. very symbolic! I remember like it was yesterday.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    All right, I've got to get that guy. So cool. Now if they'd only make Shockwave...
    Amen, brutha. He was a really cool figure back in 1985 plus, though he was limited in his appearances, he was extremely cool on the cartoon. Kinda had to expect it though since he was voiced by the incredible Corey Burton. To this day my friends and I still quote "Laserbeak returns, Megatron" from the beginning of Transformers the Movie. He would be an incredible Masterpiece figure.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Well, k-man, first I would ask "what the hell are you doing with MOTU and Batman before Transformers?". Then I would let you know that you could have those MP cassettes...if you care to enter into a bargain with me. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/wp-co.../09/Satan1.gif
    I relate more to MOTU and Batman.
    Cassettes AND Soundwave, let's be clear here.
    sure I'll make a deal, I'll bake you some sole, make a devil's food cake, make you some deviled eggs, or better yet, Deviled eggs benedict! I think the latter is a winner!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 10, 2012 at 04:07pm.

Fear is faith in failure

sure I'll make a deal, I'll bake you some sole,
    Not really the "sole" I'm looking to consume...

make a devil's food cake, make you some deviled eggs, or better yet, Deviled eggs benedict! I think the latter is a winner!!
    Yes, the latter is a winner. Just like his namesake.

its a deal then, deviled eggs benedict for you if i win the jackpot in the lotto this week

Fear is faith in failure

You know, i've been following this line (due to funds) and have always wanted to get at least one... Maybe Soundwave will be it? Damn impressive but Sideswipe and Red Alert are just as impressive too! I'd def cave in if Shockwave was made but especially so if my favourite Transformer of all ~ Jetfire ~ was made!

What scale is Soundwave? Will he be close to MP-01 Primes size? Smaller? Sideswipe and Red Alert seem tiny to even be considered MP...

I hope he gets a US release.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 11, 2012 at 02:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    BBTS has Soundwave for $170 and the cars for $84
    *Whistles* Geez louise, that's a hell of alot.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Snagged Prime at TRU today. I had a 20% off coupon, so it was only $84 with tax.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

As bad as I want these, especially Soundwave, I think I'm gonna wait for the Hasbro releases. It seems like the people who dish out their money for the first Takara version of these Masterpiece TF's always get screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now Hasbro puts out Soundwave with all 5 cassettes in one package that you can pick up at TRU for half the price of the Takara version.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Here are the latest pics of the cassettes;

Those are sweet! I would assume that one of the next MP is gonna be Blaster. Gotta keep reusing those molds. I still want to finish my DinoBots though. Come on Sludge or Snarl!!
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Are there major differences between Takara releases and Hasbro ones? I'm just starting out with these guys and am impressed so far.
    On Twitter @DualHares

Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    Are there major differences between Takara releases and Hasbro ones? I'm just starting out with these guys and am impressed so far.
    Yeah, there's usually quite big differences between the Takara and Hasbro releases... Right now though you're in luck as the US release of MP-10 Optimus Prime is considered superior to the Takara one

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Yeah, there's usually quite big differences between the Takara and Hasbro releases... Right now though you're in luck as the US release of MP-10 Optimus Prime is considered superior to the Takara one
    Thanks for the info! I did get lucky and snagged a Prime and a Thundercracker last week and they've got me hooked. I'll be pre-ordering these new ones as well.
    On Twitter @DualHares