Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 214

Thread: Transformers Masterpiece discussion thread

  1. #26
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    A little bit more news coming out of Tokyo Toy Fair, it appears that Soundwave and his cassettes will be released as part of "Project Soundwave". Soundwave will be released with one cassette (most likely Laserbeak) and the other cassettes will be released in 2 packs, including an MP Ratbat.

    Obviously, this is subject to change but that is what was said by one of the designers at the show.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Ninja Orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    111
    I have MP-11 Starscream, I hope we get Thundercracker and Skywarp to go with him. Soundwave looks awesome as well.
    This message has been Orko Approved

  3. #28
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Orko View Post
    I have MP-11 Starscream, I hope we get Thundercracker and Skywarp to go with him. Soundwave looks awesome as well.
    there are MP thundercrackers and skywarps, but they use the MP-03 starscream mold with the jet kibble hanging off his hips. i don't have thundercracker, but i do have skywarp and he looks great. i wouldn't mind it if they did SW and TC repaints of the MP-11 mold though.

  4. #29
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,749
    Masterpiece Transformers look more detailed and more G1 cartoon accurate in both robot and alt modes than Classics. But I find that the complexity of their transformations make them less enjoyable to transform than Classics. They are super duper expensive. There aren’t many characters released. And if they did released all the characters I wanted, I wouldn’t know where to put them all given their giant scale. And some of them are really fragile.

    I’m going to have to stick with Classics. They’re cheaper. There are more of them. Less quality control issues. They’re easier to display with Transformers from other eras like Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, etc. They don’t look as close to the G1 model as Masterpiece, but weighing the pros and cons on both sides, Classics wins out for me.

    I may pick up the Optimus US release and Soundwave if he gets a US release but I will just place them with my Classics.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  5. #30
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,291
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Masterpiece Transformers look more detailed and more G1 cartoon accurate in both robot and alt modes than Classics. But I find that the complexity of their transformations make them less enjoyable to transform than Classics. They are super duper expensive. There aren’t many characters released. And if they did released all the characters I wanted, I wouldn’t know where to put them all given their giant scale. And some of them are really fragile.

    I’m going to have to stick with Classics. They’re cheaper. There are more of them. Less quality control issues. They’re easier to display with Transformers from other eras like Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, etc. They don’t look as close to the G1 model as Masterpiece, but weighing the pros and cons on both sides, Classics wins out for me.

    I may pick up the Optimus US release and Soundwave if he gets a US release but I will just place them with my Classics.
    Come on, Faker Jr.! If they make an MP Fortress Maximus I know you're getting one!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  6. #31
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Come on, Faker Jr.! If they make an MP Fortress Maximus I know you're getting one!
    Call me when they do a Masterpiece Black Zarak!

  7. #32
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Come on, Faker Jr.! If they make an MP Fortress Maximus I know you're getting one!
    My G1 Fortress Maximus and his buddy Grand Maximus serve my collection well.



    Most Masterpieces are at least double their vintage size and cost from 5 – 8 times their vintage retail price. So A Fortress Maximus Masterpiece would stand 4 feet tall and cost between $500 - $800. I can’t afford that and I wouldn’t know where I’d store him.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  8. #33
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,291
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    My G1 Fortress Maximus and his buddy Grand Maximus serve my collection well.
    Exactly! Your other FM buddies will feel lonely without their MP brother. You can't leave them hanging...can you?



    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Most Masterpieces are at least double their vintage size and cost from 5 – 8 times their vintage retail price. So A Fortress Maximus Masterpiece would stand 4 feet tall and cost between $500 - $800.
    Exactly again! This would put him even closer to scale with the vinatge figures in your collection! I don't even want to think about the awesomeness of an MP Unicron...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Call me when they do a Masterpiece Black Zarak!
    Will do! But phone calls to Sweden would be so expensive! You already charge me $4.99 for the first minute and $1.99 each additional minute. I hope you'll waive the charges this time.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  9. #34
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

    Will do! But phone calls to Sweden would be so expensive! You already charge me $4.99 for the first minute and $1.99 each additional minute. I hope you'll waive the charges this time.
    "The Collect Call of Cthulhu"

  10. #35
    master of hiphop
    AGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in your head !!
    Posts
    3,751
    man... Sound Wave looks great..

    I've just sold the remaining TF's i own with a few 25ths left but i may snag this one just because i'd love to have him posted up somewhere.. loved soundwave when i was a kid!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

  11. #36
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Robot Kingdom have put up a pre-order for the amazon.jp exclusive versions of Soundwave and Sideswipe.

    Sideswipe comes with the Jackhammers from the G1 cartoon episode Dinobot Island;




    Soundwave comes with energon cubes;



    I have pre-ordered Sideswip because even with shipping he is cheaper than BBTS. I am waiting to see what exactly comes with the standard Soundwave because everything I have read so far says he is coming with at least one energon cube. If it turns out that only the amazon.jp version has the energon cubes then I will probably get that one from Robot Kingdom as well.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,497
    This particular line kicks major tail! Not only are they die cast but they still feature Megatron as his original Walter P38 mode (they didn't worry about the S&P over in Japan) I own him, Grimlock and Starscream (Ghost Version) and Nemisis Prime aka Convoy!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  13. #38
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Pictures (and preorders) have finally surfaced for MP-15 (Rumble & Ravage) and MP-16 (Frenzy & Buzzsaw)





    I am so pumped about these. I think they look great.

    There was also an MP-10B announcement but that is just a black Prime repaint. It is all about Soundwave and the Minions for me.

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Inhibitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,706
    I'm kind of hanging back to see them do a resized Megatron. His robot legs weren't designed as well besides.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

  15. #40
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,636
    Damn, that's all of the original 10 Decepticons, isn't it? I'd love to see them all collected!

    I wonder if those cassettes work with the Classics deluxe scale? They would be a little big...

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  16. #41
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Damn, that's all of the original 10 Decepticons, isn't it? I'd love to see them all collected!

    I wonder if those cassettes work with the Classics deluxe scale? They would be a little big...
    The vintage cassettes fit perfectly in MP Soundwave chest so the MP Cassettes transform to an alt mode that is the same size as the vintage. There is talk that they are around small deluxe/tall legend size in robot mode so they should be in a decent scale with classics.

    But why do you want to stick with classics? Masterpiece is where it is at now

  17. #42
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    I REALLY can not wait for these. Soundwave and his minions are basically the only characters i still buy when it comes to TF so I think since these are the ultimate versions I may be done after that. lol yeah right
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  18. #43
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,062
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I REALLY can not wait for these. Soundwave and his minions are basically the only characters i still buy when it comes to TF so I think since these are the ultimate versions I may be done after that. lol yeah right
    I have given up on Transformers, really... but I am VERY tempted by Soundwave and his minions... but I wonder if I should wait for a possible Hasbro release? Hmmmmm
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  19. #44
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have given up on Transformers, really... but I am VERY tempted by Soundwave and his minions... but I wonder if I should wait for a possible Hasbro release? Hmmmmm
    I thought I had given up on Transformers too. The irregular releases/future of Classics was too much for me in the end but then I saw MP Soundwave and everything changed.

    There is every chance that Hasbro will release it but who can be sure?

  20. #45
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,636
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The vintage cassettes fit perfectly in MP Soundwave chest so the MP Cassettes transform to an alt mode that is the same size as the vintage. There is talk that they are around small deluxe/tall legend size in robot mode so they should be in a decent scale with classics.

    But why do you want to stick with classics? Masterpiece is where it is at now
    Budget. We're talking $150 per TF versus $12 per TF. And Classics is nearly done with the 1984-85 characters (unless we are talking about special teams).

    It's like Sideshow for G.I. Joe, or Hot Toys instead of Marvel Legends or Universe...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 4, 2012 at 10:32pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  21. #46
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Ahh, but Classics is just re-imagined G1, Masterpiece is rebuilt G1


    And $12 for deluxes? We have them for $25-$30 here

  22. #47
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have given up on Transformers, really... but I am VERY tempted by Soundwave and his minions... but I wonder if I should wait for a possible Hasbro release? Hmmmmm
    more than likely he will come stateside. Every single one (except megatron) has come over here so far. HOWEVER, they have usually been changed a little bit or are a store exclusive which makes them hard to find or just as expensive on the secondary market as the import.

    I usually waited on all the releases until they come stateside but Soundwave is the MAIN character i like so I am biting the bullet on this one.

    I Just KNOW they are going to repaint him black and pack him with ratbat, the last tape I really would want...the jerks lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    I would like a Galvatron MP like this one:

    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...rsonal-018.jpg

    Wow that is gorgeous. I can only hope for one.

  24. #49
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Completely unconfirmed but;

    More than rumour, these words come from established and reliable insiders.

    Prowl is the next medium and Galvatron is the next large.

    Keep in mind that TT has MANY MP CAD's ready to go so the order may change IF a 3P group forces Takara's hand.

    If anyone hasn't noticed, Takara is agressively attacking 3P groups by finally catering MORE to fans vs general public.
    With Prowl comes Bluestreak and Smokescreen. I have also read rumours of MP Constructicons and a Megatron version 2 to be in scale with the current releases.

    I hope there is not a big wait between releases, I could take a new Masterpiece every 2-3 months.

  25. #50
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,291
    I just got an e-mail stating that MP Soundwave is also going to come with a mini Megatron in gun form he can hold. More accessories means more better!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •