Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Transformers Masterpiece discussion thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    According to some sources...

The decision for Masterpiece 22 is Ultramagnus! For the small size of the G1 toy’s robot form, the transformation and unification of the car carrier was impressive, but our target for the masterpiece (figure) was implementing a transformation identical to the cartoon. Without the existence of the (truck) cab in robot mode, we had to employ the robot transformation of the cab and car carrier as it is. In vehicle mode, the cab, tires, front grill etc., are the same size as MP-10’s、so we used the commonalities of the two. Furthermore, transformation can be done without removing (replacing) the shoulder missiles.

For once we get an Ultra Magnus without a White Optimus Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I can't believe the MP after Magnus is Star Saber. I'm sorry but I'm glad that the US version of Transformers ended after Season 4 and Rebirth. The series that lived on in Japan had some of the most ridiculous junk I've ever read in in my life LOL Not to mention the fact the the MP line is supposedly the main G1 continuity which does not include, IMHO, the insanity of Japan and the "Transtectors," "Godmasters," "Pretenders," etc. Heck, Star Saber doesn't even appear until the Victory series, and that doesn't even follow the the continuity of any of the others before it.

I'm with Deltadod, the rest of the Dinobots, Skyfire, Reflector, Shockwave, etc should all come looong before Star Saber.
    Masterpiece is a Japanese line that we import into the states. While I'm not a fan of Star Saber either, I can see why the Japanese audience voted for him.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 22, 2014 at 06:32pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

There might be a chance the US could get Prowl as a Toys R Us exclusive (I believe the UK is for sure). I hope they reissue some of the US releases. I only saw Soundwave out in the open once and I never saw MP Grimlock when he was out. Don't think I ever saw the original MP10 Prime in person either.

Super clean scan!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Majorly cool Magnus!!!! EVen the scale looks about perfect. I had this pre-ordered on Big Bad already sight unseen, and now I'm not only glad to see how good a job they apparently did on him, but the pre-order price dropped by about 90 bucks!
    Last edited by scott metzger; April 24, 2014 at 03:37pm.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Optimus prime and I believe Star Scream have been peg warming at our store for awhile. Are they still popular? I. Know they cost a small fortune!

Bayformers killed my interest in Transformers. I'd buy a MP Leader-1.

Bumblebee is looking pretty much perfect.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Optimus prime and I believe Star Scream have been peg warming at our store for awhile. Are they still popular? I. Know they cost a small fortune!
    THOSE versions aren't popular.

Starscream is from TF Cybertron (and he pegwarmed then too), while Prime isn't show accurate with his gold accents.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    THOSE versions aren't popular.

Starscream is from TF Cybertron (and he pegwarmed then too), while Prime isn't show accurate with his gold accents.
    It's kind of a shame that Hasbro/Toys r us can't seem to get a good handle on the right amount to produce/stock for these figures. I kind of doubt that Toys r us has any idea that some of these figures are CRAZY popular and some of them nobody wants. They seem to order all the same; or worse, order a bunch of the ones no one wants and very few if any of the popular ones. I never once saw MP Soundwave or MP 10 in stores.

On the subject of Bumblebee: how tall is he suppose to be? He looks like he's about 4" or shorter. Spike must be practically invisible. He seems cool and all, but not for the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    It's kind of a shame that Hasbro/Toys r us can't seem to get a good handle on the right amount to produce/stock for these figures. I kind of doubt that Toys r us has any idea that some of these figures are CRAZY popular and some of them nobody wants. They seem to order all the same; or worse, order a bunch of the ones no one wants and very few if any of the popular ones. I never once saw MP Soundwave or MP 10 in stores.
    That's because of the scalpers. They take all of the Soundwaves but leave the Acid Storms.

On the subject of Bumblebee: how tall is he suppose to be? He looks like he's about 4" or shorter. Spike must be practically invisible. He seems cool and all, but not for the cost.
    Like Rumble/Ravage and Buzzsaw/Frenzy? They were stupid expensive.

Bumblebee is the smallest of the Autobots, so he is meant to be really small. That's probably why Spike is included as a bonus.

We just got in a bunch of MP Grimlocks and I must say...pretty tempting. He looks way better than the Michael Bay versions we have on the shelf.

Only a few more months!

Has anyone bought one of these knock-off Tape Sets from ebay? Rumble and Jaguar, Frenzy and Buzzsaw sets being sold from China for 27.95 a pair.