June 17, 2012, 07:59am
WTFWTK 2.83 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by He-Dad.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. facet: In regards to Evil Robot, the Prototype that was shown in '85, are the horsemen allowed to update it in Classics, and if he were to be made which faction would he with? The horde or the evil warriors?
2. He-Dad: Are there any plans or possibilities for more mini-comics to be released with the classics figures once part three of "The Powers of Grayskull" has been released? The mini-comics are a welcome addition and it would be cool to see more that tie into the Classics canon.
3. grenadaspice: With new media coming out in July in the form of the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe mini-series from DC Comics, what are the possibilities of a new retail line of MOTU figures based on the comic book designs from Philip Tan? And if Mattel doesn't want to go that route, and since these redesigns fall under the DC Comics umbrella, could DC Direct put out this toyline on their own with Mattel's permission?
4. Robaczek: As the rise in the cost of raw materials happened after the subscriptions took place, you shifted part of this increase to day-of-sale buyers. Now that you are planning a rise of price to accomodate the still rising costs, will the day-of-sale prices still be higher than the suscriptions or will they be equal?
5. Toymaker & Adol: Not long ago, DC Universe Classics Wave 5, a WalMart exclusive, was sold on Mattycollector.com. What made this a possibilty? And based on that, will it be possible to offer some or all of the DCUC vs. MOTUC 2-Packs Which were exclusive to Toys R Us on MattyCollector? There are many of us that would like to be able to obtain Battle Armor Faker without the expense of resorting to eBay. I know that in the past you have said that this is not possible as you are not wanting to step on Toys R Us' toes. But would it now be possible to get the 2-pack re-paints as single carded figures? Toys R Us are no longer selling these, so you would not be taking sales away from them, and it would give international fans and US fans not fortunate enough to get them the first time a new chance to get these figures.
So ask those questions!