View Poll Results: Veena - 200X oder Classic colored??

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Individual colors!

96 74.42%
  • Classic colors!

19 14.73%
  • Meh.

14 10.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veena - 200X or Classic colored??

Veena - 200X or Classic colored??

Do you like that all Sorceresses of Grayskull share the same color scheme or do you prefer a more individuall coloring??

Veena 200X colors (art by gbagok):

or

Veena 2012 Mini-Comic:

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

We have both the Filmation and MYP cartoons showing the previous Sorceresses having the same color clothing as their successors: Kuduk Ungol & Teela-Na (Filmation) .... Veena and Teela-Na (MYP) to me that was just an easy visual for the audience to realize that they're becoming the next in line to be the guardian of Grayskull's power.

My own personal preference would be that they all have distinctive styles and colors in their clothing. As their power passes on to the next Sorceress, that power should give her a form suitable to each woman in style and color different from the last. Like the Witchblade power changes color as it changes wielder. I don't know how many Sorceresses there have been between Preternia and the He-Man/Adam era but I'd like to think each one had a unique style and color to their clothing.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Individual colors because I associate blue, orange, and white with Teela-Na and Veena's colors to well..Veena. I'm not sure if Veena was ever labeled "Sorceress" of Greyskull.
    Last edited by slackrguy; June 22, 2012 at 11:40am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I suggested in the POG#2 thread to have one version of the Veena figure as the regular figure and do the other version as the 2013 travelling con exclusive figure.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Love that 200x styled Veena by Gbagok! That's definitely how I want to see her!

I hadn't seen that issue 2 page with the character names on- Gladiator? Who might that be?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I chose MEH but only because i like them both as both schemes make sense.

But if i had to chose i would hope they would turn it around for Veena and give her regular release the 200X colors but at conventions she has the mini comic colors.

People who don´t know her maybe recognize those colors from the Sorceress and at the end of the year we international fans get the chance to buy her as well.

WIN/WIN !

I prefer the Classic look, but I like the idea of both: one online at Matty and one as a traveling con version.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Classic colours for the regular release and 200X colours as a con exclusive.

Personally, I think MYP got the Sorceress and Veena's colours wrong, so i'm happy with how she looks in the new minicomic.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 19, 2012 at 03:06pm.

I hate to be that guy but I'll take one of both. I like both designs and I don't see why we can't have multiple releases.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I'd go with the 200X design since that is how she is most well-known.

Why not both?
    We can get both decos ala Evil-Lyn can't we?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

i vote 200x!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I voted meh. I dont really care, not really. There is a good argument for either as far as I am concened. I always disliked Veena's colors prescicely because they werent "traditional" sorceress colours. So I really like seeing her in those traditional sorcerer colours.

But her original colours were her colours, so there is that.

But then again, mind you, I feel that she could have "changed" colours or whatever once she was the "real" sorceress. Or maybe she has more than one outfit.

So even though she got one set of colors originally, she gets the ones I technically prefer (vintage sorceress) in this comic, and I think it looks better, and the "historic" colours were probably just to make her stand out from the redisigned sorceress, which isnt neccessary now.

Oh heck, I prefer the vintage type colours but I completely understand why she "should" be in those drab booring colours she had in the 'toon, if she gets made into a toy.

Kinda like I wanted that Toon style catra, and am very happy we got that one. But I realize she should have been toy based, and we definately still need the toy version.

In that regard, If we got a veena in her 200x colours as a toy, I wouldnt feel we needed a new classic sorceress colour like in the new minicomic alternate colour down the road, even though I like those colours better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Classic colours for the regular release and 200X colours as a con exclusive.

Personally, I think MYP got the Sorceress and Veena's colours wrong, so i'm happy with how she looks in the new minicomic.
    yeah, veena is like 200x sorceress would look like in teela's colours. Just give me classic sorceress colors. But again, meh, because both sides are very valid, and hard to choose, though I have a stated prefrence.

I will add that going forward I am very happy to see her in those sorceress colors in media appearances, if she has any. I certainly have no problem with that. It's the toy (if they do one) that I am certain people should be concerend about.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    both are great. but I would prefer the more natural colors.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200X colored with a vintage colored variant later.

C'mon...that coloring decision was crazy. We all know who Veena is, so why make that decision?
    We don't see a vintage character sporting 200X colors on their first time out, so we shouldn't get a 200X character rocking vintage colors either.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

200x all the way

Heroic Warrior
    It would be nice to have the original 200X colors. No need to tie her in with colours as the Sorcoress of Grayskull; we already know who she is. She's not Teela-na; there's no reason for her to look like a variant of her. Also, want the 200X aesthetic (no reused Teela bra, new bodice) to be retained.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    The individual 200x colors! That's the best look for Veena.

I really don't care for the same colors being used. Kuduk Ungol is boring to me. Each sorceress should have their own look/style.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X colored with a vintage colored variant later.

C'mon...that coloring decision was crazy. We all know who Veena is, so why make that decision?
    We don't see a vintage character sporting 200X colors on their first time out, so we shouldn't get a 200X character rocking vintage colors either.
    Precisely. 200x for sure.

I think the 200x colors would be better, but I wouldn't be upset with a vintage colored version.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

200X colors are Veena's colors. If they want to do a variant with the "vintage" colors down the road, that would be cool. Though calling it vintage makes it sound like it is the original colors, which they are not.
    Last edited by Steph; August 11, 2014 at 10:19am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Definitely 200X colours, she has no need to have the classics version as she never had it in the MYP cartoon. Plus it makes her look more individual.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Definitely 200X colours, she has no need to have the classics version as she never had it in the MYP cartoon. Plus it makes her look more individual.
    ^This sums it up.

I'm torn. Part of me thinks, why change the perfectly good 200x design (color-wise) and change her into what almost appears to be a different character?

The other part of me accepts the blue, orange, and white scheme as the colors of Zoar, and I feel that both the 200x Sorceress and Veena designs SHOULD have adhered to those colors to begin with. So...I don't know. I feel like there's no right answer to this question, and should we receive either of these figures, SOMEONE is bound to be disappointed.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    200X all the way.

Orange, blue, and white is so iconic for the classic Sorceress that it could actually downplay Veena as a character - taking away her individuality...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!