Thread: Price on the original he-man collection

Widget

Price on the original he-man collection

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody know what the price would be for my collection of my masters of the universe collection? I have every figure and all vehicles and all play sets!!

Thanks!!

I think the reason no one has answered this yet is because 99% of the time someone says "I have all the he-man toys, what are they worth?", they actually only have like 10 figures, 1 or 2 vehicles, and 2 castles, and assume that is the "entire" collection. Furthermore, anyone who actually owns the rarer and more expensive items like Eternia and the Laser Light figures would HAVE to have known what they are worth already since they probably spent a lot of money on them to begin with. Plus you don't even mention if the figures are complete, if there are variants, or any other info. Its like if you came on here and said "I have a bunch of baseball cards, what are they worth?"

Widget
    I do have all the US release figures from the early 80's!
    I didn't pay big bucks because I got them when the were first sold in stores...along with all the play sets and vehicles.

Everything has been stored in rubbermaids and plastic bags for the past 20 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiki84 View Post
    I think the reason no one has answered this yet is because 99% of the time someone says "I have all the he-man toys, what are they worth?", they actually only have like 10 figures, 1 or 2 vehicles, and 2 castles, and assume that is the "entire" collection. Furthermore, anyone who actually owns the rarer and more expensive items like Eternia and the Laser Light figures would HAVE to have known what they are worth already since they probably spent a lot of money on them to begin with. Plus you don't even mention if the figures are complete, if there are variants, or any other info. Its like if you came on here and said "I have a bunch of baseball cards, what are they worth?"

Dash or even a couple of hours on ebay would give you a rough guide. The collector market is so erratic in these unpredictable financial times that no-one could confidently give you a complete answer.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Dash or even a couple of hours on ebay would give you a rough guide. The collector market is so erratic in these unpredictable financial times that no-one could confidently give you a complete answer.
    oh jeeze don't say that! now he will just go on ebay see someone selling a loose Skeletor with no weapons for $500 and assume that is what the real value is lol!

Once again, you can't just say "i have all the he-man toys" and have someone tell you what the value is because that gives us zero information.

Widget
    Seems like slot of hate going on from u!

What's wrong?

Just trying to get a rough guess on what it could be worth!!! I've been holding these for 25 years!

oh jeeze don't say that! now he will just go on ebay see someone selling a loose Skeletor with no weapons for $500 and assume that is what the real value is lol!

Once again, you can't just say "i have all the he-man toys" and have someone tell you what the value is because that gives us zero information.

I'll give you $50 for the set.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'll give you $3 for this unknown condition and quantity set.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

If it helps you at all I have purchased a nearly complete US collection for my son (missing eternia playset and 5 of the late 80' s characters which are the ones that are worth real money) and I've spent about 600 bucks....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    If it helps you at all I have purchased a nearly complete US collection for my son (missing eternia playset and 5 of the late 80' s characters which are the ones that are worth real money) and I've spent about 600 bucks....

wow that sounds like a lot if its just all loose figures and nothing is boxed. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most common figures are really only worth $2-$3 each, no more than $5. The only ones that are really worth anything are some from the last 2 waves that came out, and even those aren't really worth a ton of money. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain loose are worth $20 tops, all the other playsets (except Eternia) are worth less than that. The vehicles I am not sure of but most of them are only worth like $5-$10 unless there are a few that are rare and worth more (I never really paid much attention to all the vehicles so I'm not 100% sure on those).
    I am basing this off what I see at yard sales, flea markets, vintage toy stores, etc. I have about 60% of the entire US collection and I've spend maybe $80-$90 so far (all I'm missing is some of the figures from the last 2 waves, Eternia, and 4 or 5 vehicles)

Eternia is worth a lot but the pricing seems so erratic that I don't know what its really worth, I've seen it anywhere from $200 to $6000!

Well let's go down the list...

I will take your word for the entire collection minus Tytus, Megator Laser Power He-man and Lights Skeletor unless you managed to acquire those as well.
    What condition are the figures in; loose, damaged missing accessories?
    Do they all their paint, sticker applications still intact, play sets functional?

I mean these are some of the things you would have to answer for yourself in order to have a grounded idea for any kind of a price cause as you can see buyers are skeptics and may pay top dollar for something like this as well as try to avoid paying top dollar.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Widget
    Yeah - this kind of thing is impossible to gauge unless the collection can be seen in person or in TONS of detailed photographs of each individual piece.
    I make videos about vintage toys! http://www.youtube.com/retroblasting

wow that sounds like a lot if its just all loose figures and nothing is boxed. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most common figures are really only worth $2-$3 each, no more than $5. The only ones that are really worth anything are some from the last 2 waves that came out, and even those aren't really worth a ton of money. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain loose are worth $20 tops, all the other playsets (except Eternia) are worth less than that. The vehicles I am not sure of but most of them are only worth like $5-$10 unless there are a few that are rare and worth more (I never really paid much attention to all the vehicles so I'm not 100% sure on those).
    I am basing this off what I see at yard sales, flea markets, vintage toy stores, etc. I have about 60% of the entire US collection and I've spend maybe $80-$90 so far (all I'm missing is some of the figures from the last 2 waves, Eternia, and 4 or 5 vehicles)

Eternia is worth a lot but the pricing seems so erratic that I don't know what its really worth, I've seen it anywhere from $200 to $6000!
    I don't know the condition, completeness, or where you're finding THOSE prices but between eBay and the Org....that's about what I've spent Paid 150 after shipping for all three playsets and everything is complete except for the carboard inserts for Greyskull, the Sorceress was 40, Scareglow was 50, Tyrantisaurus was 50, (paid 50 for King Randor, Gwildor, and Orko in a set all complete)......thats 340 right there. Now factor in the rest of the figures...some of which were 20 like Mosquitor and Prince Adam to name a few and yeah, it adds up. Sure I paid $1 for Beast Man and $3 for Mer-man but there are plenty of others that were more to get them in good condition and complete with weapons and such.

btw, if you check Ebay....Scareglow can really get up there in price and so can the sorceress....the Dinosaurs usually go for $100 bucks a piece too.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I don't know the condition, completeness, or where you're finding THOSE prices but between eBay and the Org....that's about what I've spent Paid 150 after shipping for all three playsets and everything is complete except for the carboard inserts for Greyskull, the Sorceress was 40, Scareglow was 50, Tyrantisaurus was 50, (paid 50 for King Randor, Gwildor, and Orko in a set all complete)......thats 340 right there. Now factor in the rest of the figures...some of which were 20 like Mosquitor and Prince Adam to name a few and yeah, it adds up. Sure I paid $1 for Beast Man and $3 for Mer-man but there are plenty of others that were more to get them in good condition and complete with weapons and such.

btw, if you check Ebay....Scareglow can really get up there in price and so can the sorceress....the Dinosaurs usually go for $100 bucks a piece too.
    well like I said, I find those prices at flea markets, toy shops, antique stores, etc. That is the general pricing. For example right now a vintage thrift/clothing store near my house has a complete Grayskull and Snake Mountain for $20 each. I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago that had probably 2 or 3 of every vehicle and they were all $3 each, and they were all complete in good condition.

I literally bought Sorceress for $5 at a yard sale last weekend, and this was a sale run by a reseller/flea market/ebay guy. I got a 100% complete Snake Mountain for $2 the week before that. I kid you not, I even got Mosquitor, Scare Glow, and Prince Adam, 100% complete, for 25 cents each a few years ago. My rule is to never pay more than 2 or 3 dollar per figure, unless its a rare one, and even then I wont pay more than 7 or 8 dollars. Of course, if you use ebay exclusively (or even toy shows and online stores), you are going to pay the highest possible price most of the time. I guess the trade off is going to yard sales and flea markets can take 20+ years to get a complete collection while ebay/online can take only one day. I just think its funner to go out and find the stuff in the wild and get it for a low price than it is to sit on ebay and pay top dollar.

I would say that your whole collection of figures and play sets plus vehicles could probably get around $2500+ Depending on the condition of the items.. The best thing to do in my opinion would be to sell them as lots from 1982 to 1987 ( series 1 through 6 ) it will take some research but it'll be worth it in the end.. You might also find interested buyers on the forum which would be ideal. Or you could try ebay but their fees aren't cheap anymore.The only thing is you have to watch out for shipping prices because if you sell the whole lot as one it could be very expensive.

Also you need to Provide photos of your collection, people don't trust descriptions anymore.

Send me a PM and I'll try and help you out
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Just as Star Wars had a flap of non-fan mainstream interest in the vintage figures around 2007, the OP could signify a resurgence in mainstream interest in He-man. If true, over the coming years we may have to re-evaluate original line collectable prices for the good!

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Yoshiki84

those are great finds....congrats on them.

I was just wondering if there is a site (besides eBay) that i can go to and just get a gauge on how much my stuff is worth. I dont plan on selling my collection i just would like to put a value to it all

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    Yoshiki84

those are great finds....congrats on them.

I was just wondering if there is a site (besides eBay) that i can go to and just get a gauge on how much my stuff is worth. I dont plan on selling my collection i just would like to put a value to it all
    As regards action figures, nothing online has come close to the quality and high standards of an online action figure portfolio that used to be run by wizardworld/ToyFare magazine. That kind of died out in the mid 2000s after they started charging for use. The closest to that these days is perhaps this site:

collector-actionfigures

which offers an app to portfolio your action figures and keep tr5ack on prices. It is a collectors' market at the moment and most things are going for low prices, but, as many have said here, if you can find 'Ninjor', 'scare-Glow', 'Clamp Champ' MOC and, better yet, the lazer versions of He-Man and Skeletor (which look like the missing links in the evolution from Original to New Adventures He-Man figures) you are talking serous money.

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I guess I am going to jump in here as well with everyone else and the collection price is based on if the figures are in good condition, not a lot of play wear, can stand, have all their accessories. Also as others Series 6 figures usually fetch the most outside of Black Face Grizzlor and Black Belt Leech.

I guess a quick question to others here.....AFA Graded MOC's...worth doing or not? I have 4 AFA MOC figures that I have been trying to sell for 6 months and no luck and just seems like people would rather have loose figures. Any thoughts on why?